shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with pricing and source

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DaniRocks

Rough_Rock
I am interested in this JB Star ring. Does anyone know approximate cost and where the best place is to purchase this ring? It doesn''t necessarily have to be a JB Star, but this is the look I want with the cushion cut center stone.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

RTD-1337-62718 jb star.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
you're in luck. ive researched just about every possible pave bezel setting for a cushion cut stone.
1.gif

i have seen that jb starr ring in person (or at least one that looks almost identical to it) at michael c fina. the setting is very expensive--over $7k as i recall. it may be on the website (www.michaelcfina.com), and if you're in NYC you could go in and try it on.

there are a number of other designers who make similar looks. just a few examples: michael b (www.michaelbjewelry.com), ritani, richard landi, tiffany. also check out www.pearlmansjewelers.com, www.solomonbrothers.com and www.artofplatinum.com. i can come up with more if you would like.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icestore (lists 5 or 6 candidates from $5700 to $3500 for styles like this, including some super dainty micro melee version LINK)

Precisionset (appear in promotion pictures)

Nice Ice (LINK - just scroll down the page for the "boxter" rings). To me, these are the finest of the bunch, JB's included...

The "framed" settings at Diamodns by Lauren look somewhat like this as well (LINK).

And you could also have something like this made on order - it is not the most complicated style so you could likely have it made precisely for your stone locally.

reena

Ideal_Rock
yes you could absolutely have it made, and for FAR less than $7k. (probably between $2500-$4000 depending on what you want, the size stone and your ring size). that is what i am doing.

val provided some fabulous links--definitely check them out. on icestore, make sure to also look at their "finished work" section--lots of great ones there.

DaniRocks

Rough_Rock
Thank you both SO MUCH!! Very helpful info!!

Danielle
wavey.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
sure! looks like we're both looking for sort of the same thing (you must have good taste
2.gif
), so id be happy to help in any way that i can.

do you have a stone yet?

DaniRocks

Rough_Rock
No...no stone yet. Yes, we do have the same taste (great!) I was DROOLING over the rings you were choosing from on your other post. They were all absolutely gorgeous and not something that I personally see on anyone everyday.
appl.gif

DaniRocks

Rough_Rock
David,

I LOVE that design...it is gorgeous!! Would that design be custom made to my stone, or would I pick a stone that would fit that setting and if so what would my stone choices be? Sorry if these are uninformed questions...diamond novice...my only experience is drooling...

Thank you so much for the info!!

Danielle

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Danielle,
First of all- there are no silly questions- only stupid diamond dealers.....hehehehe

This type of ring must be made around a diamond. If it is bezel set there's not a lot of "wiggle room" in terms of the size of the stone it will accept. If it is prong set, you have a little more leeway. But in either case, I prefer the rings that seem to drape themselves around the center diamond. Since diamonds come in all different shapes and sizes, if you build the ring around the diamond each ring has it's own personality.

It's actually a very good question- how to buy such a ring?

The center diamond is the foundation of this type of ring, and it will determine the general look and feel of the ring. That's why a lot of people feel that the first thing to do is choose a center diamond.

At that point you might choose a dealer that offers one of the finer designer lines, like Leon Mege, DVatche, JBStar or Tacori.

There are diamond dealers that sell thier own rings as well. In this case you should pay less for the designer semi mount ring, but you'll need to be careful because sometimes when you open the box, the ring does not match the picture in your mind. Details make a big difference.

Another alternative is a store or dealer that has complete rings in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results