shape
carat
color
clarity

Need honest opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gfy04

Rough_Rock
This is probably a standard question, but does this seem reasonably priced @ $5500 (Setting included)....Need as much feedback as possible

1.26CT
Round Brilliant
6.83 - 6.78x4.39 mm
Depth 64.5
Table 57
Crown 16.2
Pavilion 44.1
girdle thin to sl. thick
cutlet none
polish good
symmetry good
clarity SI2
Color H
Florescnece none

The setting is 1.62 ct baguettes (2 rows on each side as well as top)

DSC00355.JPG

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Looks pretty deep to me
sad.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, 64.5 is allot of depth and the proportions have little chance to correspond to a top brilliant diamond according to what a quick visit to the HCA tells. The price would be good for the stone alone (assuming GIA and nothign terrible making the SI2 grade) and the setting is quite nice.

The size of this diamond (6.8mm average) corresponds to what I would expect from an ideal cut of about 1.15 cts (there are plenty for ref).

I wish they could fashion those prongs a bit so they appear smaller and more symmetric - but this is quick work.

Are those baguettes clean? Well matched?

jesrush

Rough_Rock
Yowwwww, well...... I guess when you throw in the value of the setting (baguettes + ring) you're probably getting a pretty good deal money-wise sure.

But with those proportions that stone is probably a dud in terms of brillance/fire. Very bizarre cut!

For that same money ($5500), you could get a brighter\better cut $4000 stone like this:

1.18 I SI2 61.4% 57% GIA - ex ex no 6.76x6.80x4.16 $4033* (Uniondiamond)

With a $1500 setting that's not too far from the one picture there......

-J

gfy04

Rough_Rock
the baguettes appeared to be clean and are matched well. I know the stone was a bit deep, but pound for pound I guess I am just trying to figure out if i got robbed, or could have gotten alor better for my money

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Depends on what you call "better" for your money...

Personally, I'd want the stone to look sparkly, but that may not be everyone's top priority...

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
yeah...I probably should have been more clear than to be critical of the depth. For the quality, the price is probably ok. I hope the buyer has done homework on using the pricescope tutorial.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/26/2004 3:12:09 PM gfy04 wrote:

I know the stone was a bit deep, but pound for pound I guess I am just trying to figure out if i got robbed, or could have gotten alor better for my money----------------

That depends on your personal value system.

Let me put it this way: If you wanted "steak", you didn't get it and therefore didn't get your money's worth.

If you wanted "hamburger", then yes you got your money's worth.

Does that make sense?

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
If it is as advertised, $5500 seems like a very reasonable price to me. You could pay to have it independently appraised in order to set your mind at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results