shape
carat
color
clarity

Whittled the list down to 2, which one will be the winner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigbadbuff

Rough_Rock

I''m having trouble deciding between these 2. Both perform about the same in Virtual Model, lightscope, and bscope tests. The biggest difference is inclusions.

The G VS1 has no visible inclusions from the top, as the cavity is only really visible from the girdle/bottom... but I don''t know about the cavity aspect, I don''t see that discussed often and it seems to be a rare inclusion. Anything wrong with the placement of this particular cavity to warrant concern? I admit I do like the idea of a cleaner stone, which this certainly is... lower in color (although it will be going in a platinum setting) but ex/ex for polish/symmetry.

The F VS2 has some small inclusions in the table but they seem small and few for a VS2 rating. I like the idea of being in the colorless range and don''t care about the inclusions here as they''d be eye clean I''m sure. vg/ex for polish/symmetry but I''ve read that matters little until you get into the higher end of clarity. Slightly better machine #s.

Not sure what to use as the deciding factors here, what would you do? Thanks in advance...

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Get a quarter out and flip a coin.

I think each has its own merits/pitfalls, but the reality is, these are both FANTASTIC diamonds and looking for negatives about either is really splitting hairs.

If I had to pick, I'd go with the F VS2. It would be cool to be in colorless, you shouldn't see those inclusions, and it has a 9.8 ISee2 score over a 9.5 ISee2 score for the G VS1. However, the plus of the GVS1 is better BScope score (esp. in scintillation) and even better clarity. I don't know what that inclusion is there on the VS1 - a very small chip or something - but the rest of that stone looks absolutely clean.

Reality is, you can't loose with either of them, so congrats!!!
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
don't know a thing about RBs but i say, all other things being equal, go F VS2!!!
10.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Just me humble two cents... I agree w/ wonka... you can't go wrong with either one! But PERSONALLY, I'd choose #2 because I like the larger table.

Lynn

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I'd call Jonathan and ask him to look at them side by side and describe them to you and ask him if there is any discernable difference. If not, flip a coin or buy the combo you like best.

Lynn, what is it about a larger table that you prefer?

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Tough call
confused.gif

I'd pick the F VS2 - looks like it has better light return on the table when I compared lightscope images. When I got mine, I did what noobie suggested and had the vendor (Jonathan in your case) pull the stones and compare side by side.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I vote F VS2. I like the F over G, the 9.8 ISee2 score, slightly more saturation in the red under the table, and the fact that it has an indented natural. I think it's cool to have a remnant of the rough on the cut stone -a little reminder that mother Nature made it. But those are personal prefs. These are both beautiful.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/25/2004 9:10:56 PM noobie wrote:

I'd call Jonathan and ask him to look at them side by side and describe them to you and ask him if there is any discernable difference. If not, flip a coin or buy the combo you like best.

Thats what I would do too,

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
="padding-bottom:0;marginTop:0;marginBottom:0;">----------------
On 8/25/2004 9:10:56 PM noobie wrote:

Lynn, what is it about a larger table that you prefer?
----------------[/quote]

Gee, noob, I'm not sure... I just remember that when I was shopping for stones, one of them had a smaller table (53 or 54%, I think?)... and I remember distinctly that (while it was undeniably a beautiful stone) I just much preferred the look of a larger (56/57) table. I am sure there are technical arguments both ways regarding light return, fire, brilliance and scintilation
2.gif
but I don't "know nuthin' " about that!
9.gif
I only know that, personally, I like the look of a table that's a bit larger.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results