shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you please help? Almost ready to Buy a Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
I am very close to purchasing this diamond but before I do I wanted to try and get the opinion of others.

Princess Cut
Carat Weight= 1.01
Color= D
Clarity= VS1
Depth= 69.6%
Table= 64%
Polish= VG
Symmetry= GD
Culet= None
Girdle= XTN – TK
Fluorescence= None
Measurements 5.58x5.49x3.82
Crown Height=32.5’ 8.5%
Pavilion= 57.4’ 55.9%
Culet= 0.6%

This diamond is almost exactly what I’m looking for and reasonably priced for under $5,000. I am concerned about the low crown height and the Girdle. Do you guys feel like this is a big enough draw back to consider another diamond or things that won’t be noticeable? Please let me know if you see anything that I might want to be concerned about.

Thanks,
Ryan

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not even close to an expert on princess cuts, but according to Dave Atlas's Cut Grading website, your diamond falls into the 3A grade, which is US Domestic Average Cut (the third level out of four possible levels). The girdle seems to be a major problem, being Extremely Thin to Thick. I guess that could cause danger in chipping.

I hope someone else chimes in on this.

Dave's website that you can plug your numbers into is www.gemappraisers.com.

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
Cut: Princess
Weight: 1.01 carats
Table % 64 Grade: 1A
Crown Height % 8.5 Grade: 1B
Girdle Thickness ETN to TK Grade: 4A
Total Depth %69.6 Grade: 1A
Polish / Symmetry Good Grade: 1A

I just went to that website and saw what you are taking about everything seems to be fine but that Girdle. I looked at the sarin report and it has it listed as 4.9% (2.7% - 7.0%) Will this have any affect on the appearance of the diamond or just could cause problem with setting it.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
I'm princess ignorant, so I used the Price Stats link:

https://www.pricescope.com/repscope.asp

Almost zero 1A cuts are available - suprised me

- 2A D VS1 Princess diamonds average $7614/carat

Have you considered relaxing your spec?

- 2A cut, F color, VS2 clarity averages $4867/carat

F is still colorless and VS2 should be very clean. You could then find a well cut (beautiful) stone in your price range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results