shape
carat
color
clarity

Lady in Waiting No More!!!!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
So I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this when I could post some pictures but SO (or FI I suppose now :love: ) insisted that I need to "get off that damn list!!!!!" So...

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!

Ahh it sounds surreal.

Ok I promise a story first thing tomorrow and pics as soon as I can find my camera cord, sorry for the teaser! I need to get some sleep though because I need to work in the morning and I have to be up in about 6 hours....

And congrats on the list bump to all but the top 13 of you LIWs. Vip0802, may #14 bring you as much luck as it brought me :bigsmile:

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Oh yay, Callisto - CONGRATULATIONS!! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! :appl:

I can't wait for the story and pics!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I can't wait to hear the story and see ring pics!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! :appl:

Looking forward to pics and story!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: congratulations Callisto!!! i'm so happy for you and i can't wait to hear this story and see pics. you lucky girl, i wish BF was so adamant about me getting of the list too! :lol:

thank you for the bump too!

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Can't wait to hear the story, come back soon!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Haha about the list, the story is already great! Can't wait to hear more. Congrats!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!! Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the story!

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
YAY!! :appl: Can't wait to hear more!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the congratulations! It was a crazy night spent mostly on the phone with friends and family. I really underestimated how much time it would take for us to spread the news.

So here's the story:

First a little bit of background info is necessary: We've been together over 4 years but 3 of those years were spent at different schools across the country from each other, so we spent a lot of time on the phone and very little time actually together. Throughout that time as well as when he spent a month in Ghana, we've always talked about how no matter where we are we can both look at the same moon at night (we typically talked on the phone every evening) so the moon has always been symbolic in our relationship.

So last night was such a beautiful night and he took me out to ice cream at the place we always go and then we went to the campus where he just graduated from and I now work. We sat on the bench where he used to talk to me on the phone when we first started dating and were 800 miles away from each other. He talked about how far we've come since he used to talk to me on that bench. He also talked about how the moon is in it's "new moon" phase this week and how he wants to start a new phase of his life with me and he asked me to marry him. It was so sweet and special.

Ok and now for the sparklies! These aren't great pics as they are iphone pics. I'm going to do a SMTR thread in a few days after I can take some better pictures. I'll come back and post the link when I make that thread. Enjoy! The ring is an antique/estate ring so we only know approximate specs. The center is about .6ct and the sides are about .3 cts each. They are all about L color and SI1. I love the warmth of them, they just have this creamy white glow to them. I would never have guessed they are SI clarity, the only inclusion I found was a little one on one of the .3ct stones. The ring is platinum size 4.75.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Hope they aren't too blurry.

IMG_0195.JPG

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Here's some from the day we bought it.

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ok this is all I have for now! Hope you enjoy!

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
YAY! Congrats! What a lovely story - made me tear up a little!! Also - I read the story and then I saw that you had planned to post pictures but I didn't see any in your post and I was about to reply with a "WE NEED THE PICTURES WHERE ARE THEY???" haha, but then I realized I was reading your post literally 5 seconds after you wrote it and decided not to jump the gun :razz:

And the ring is gorgeous!! Yay for 3-stone EC e-rings! Woohoo! Congrats again :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! :appl: :appl:

That was such a sweet proposal and you have a gorgeous ring!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Callisto!!!! I've been waiting to see pics of your ring and it's just beautiful!!!!

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! your ring is gorgeous

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Callisto! What a great proposal story! I love your ring -- it's beautiful.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
YAY CALLISTO!!! Congratulations! Your proposal sounds just perfect and your ring is STUNNING! :love:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Callisto! Beautiful ring! :appl:

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! So excited for you!!!

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Congats!! :D

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! A great story and a beautiful ring. Best wishes.

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Oops!! I just saw the rest of the post!! :) Beautiful ring!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! Your story is really nice, and I love the ring!!!!

SweetPea-<3

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is just beautiful, and I love that you "only know approximate specs". It's more mysterious that way ;))

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow I really like the style of your ring. The proposal sounds very sweet. Congrats.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results