shape
carat
color
clarity

Spin-off: What are things you LOVE that other's DISLIKE?

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
kenny said:
Being old
Doing as many things myself as possible as opposed to paying others to do it
Real wood pencils and an old fashioned sharpener
Washing dishes by hand
Practicing piano alone for hours
Vacuuming and Ironing
Getting on my hands and knees to pull weeds out of my yard by hand instead of spraying poison - I like taking the hard way out
My old outdated, worn out kitchen - it works fine and it's more green to keep it
Driving in a way that uses minimum gas
Cutting my own hair
Tension settings
Tofu, brown rice, plain microwaved veges
Dishes and silverware that does not match
Home furnishing that don't "go together" - nothing in our house "goes" with anything else
Using cash, and giving correct change to the penny
Salad with no dressing
No credit card debt
My can opener that I have to crank instead of using electricity

Ditto to all. I hate dishwashers.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Since so many people in the other thread were bashing New England beaches, I had to come in and give my plug for them! I hate crowded beaches - any beach with other people (especially if it's hot) is not for me, but I love a New England beach on a cool spring or fall day. It's the best! I love just walking on the almost deserted beach and watching the water. I guess I like any beach that isn't hot and doesn't require me to get in a bathing suit or wear sunscreen.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
dark meat chicken and turkey...thighs are my favorite!

only fabric covered furniture and car seats... No leather !

I love the fact that both these preferences save me money.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Cleaning
Recycling like mad
Trashing things
Giving
Vegetables
Traveling with kids, don't mind at all!
ゴジラ Godzilla!
Burnt flat bread
Rain
Exotic food
Knitting
Opera
Yellow gold

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hard boiled eggs!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
dianne said:

I never understood why people didn't like dark meat. it is so much yummier than white meat!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember said:
crasru said:
Autumnovember, how funny! I like the smell of gazoline and also the smell in the chemicals section of Home Depot. Also, the smell of detergent and cleaning aisles. Where do you live? I mean, if you are close to me, then instead of hiking or trekking we could stroll at a car dealership or walk around a gas station... And I am also a late riser... :lol:

I like overcast, cloudy weather. People in my state always complain of the rain. It is so nice not to be depressed in bad weather!

I like my sense of humor, but, as I suspect, most people simply do not understand it and the ones who do, instantaneously dislike. And no amount of smiling faces can correct the situation. Dear PS-ers, do not take offence - if something that I say sounds off or insulting -most time, I am joking. :D :D :D

I am not sure that everyone likes Indian food, but I love it.

So our day would go something like this:

Wake up at 1 PM, go to home depot to sniff the chemicals, go to the gas stations to smell the gas, hopefully get caught in the rain while we are at it, and then go to eat some indian food (I like it too!). I live in Philly :)

Well, I am far away, but I used to love Philly. (BTW not everyone did - Isaac Asimov found it "dull" :lol: ). OK, poor you - it surely is lonely to do all these fun things on your own, but at least you are saved from having to listen to my jokes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
My diamond's inclusion.

Crazy, I know! But I love that no one else can see it and only I know it's there. Sometimes I find myself staring at my ring, tilting it at just the right angle so that I can say hello to it. I feel so privileged when I see it, as if my diamond has revealed a secret to me. Yes, I know. I'm nuts.

Apostrophes. I really, really love those little buggers. I especially love how I instinctively know where to place them. Apostrophe placement is a dying art.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
tofu
zucchini
cottage cheese
cabbage
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie) - yes it was so bad but I love it! :D
egg sandwich / eggs
drinking water - I prefer water over other drinks
lobster sashimi / sashimi
snow
smoked roe
fast forwarding parts of movies/shows - I don't have the patience to watch the full thing
spoilers - for stories, shows, movies etc
Blade the movie series
Deep Blue Sea (the movie)

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
B.E.G. said:
dianne said:

I never understood why people didn't like dark meat. it is so much yummier than white meat!
Huh...I didn't know that there are people who choose white meat for reasons other than health. I learn something new everyday...

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
liverwurst
black licorice
brussel sprouts

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
choro72 said:
B.E.G. said:
dianne said:

Huh...I didn't know that there are people who choose white meat for reasons other than health. I learn something new everyday...

I cannot stomach beef. The smell of it cooking makes my stomach do flip flops. I eat only chicken, turkey and pork (gotta have my pork). I used to eat beef but haven't touched it in 23 yrs.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
filling out forms
cleaning
smoking (i quit 6 years ago and still miss it, my pack of cigarettes, a glass or 2 of wine, full bodied cab or peppery zinfandel for me too, and a good book was my favorite way to end the day)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
choro72 said:
B.E.G. said:
dianne said:

Maybe it is only for health reasons. But who knows? There could be someone out there who hates the greasiness of dark meat in general :razz:

Atroop, my best friend is the same way but with pork. She's semi-vegetarian. She can stomach chicken and beef if she HAS to (and her family has a cattle ranch so sometimes she has to) but she just can't deal with pork (smell, taste, texture). Unlike me. I'm a carnivore. I'm dying to try bison meat.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I know many people who very much dislike dark meat.

I think they're nutso! I love dark meat! White meat is so boring.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Elrohwen said:

I am the elusive white meat eater. Not for health reason, but I honestly prefer it to dark meat, which seems too greasy and heavy to me.

As proof that I don't eat it for health reasons only, my favourite recipe involves filling with cream cheese, breading, frying and pouring a dark chocolate sauce over it. Yumm!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
The smell of strong cleaners like bleach. Actually though, I think it's more that I KNOW something is clean when I've used a product with bleach in it than I like the actual smell of the product.

The end slice (heel) of a loaf of bread. No one in my family likes the last slice because it's different than the others, but I do.

Storms. I love watching and learning about storms. Thunder storms (except crackling thunder), hurricanes (but not the destruction they cause, obviously), you name it.

TG -- you have taxidermy animals in your basement? :-o

ETA: Alphabetizing things! Sure, it might be a nerdy thing to love, but I do like putting things in order. I used to work at the library in my hometown, and I actually liked shelving books and filing cards in their correct spots.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
atroop711 said:
I cannot stomach beef. The smell of it cooking makes my stomach do flip flops. I eat only chicken, turkey and pork (gotta have my pork). I used to eat beef but haven't touched it in 23 yrs.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I didn't mean chicken vs. beef, but breast vs. thighs. I guess I've never had good breast meat, but I only eat the appendage of a bird.

Zoe said:
The end slice (heel) of a loaf of bread. No one in my family likes the last slice because it's different than the others, but I do.
Me too!!! The crust is the best part of carbs! My friends always leave them and it drives me crazy!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Zoe said:
The smell of strong cleaners like bleach. Actually though, I think it's more that I KNOW something is clean when I've used a product with bleach in it than I like the actual smell of the product.

Storms. I love watching and learning about storms. Thunder storms (except crackling thunder), hurricanes (but not the destruction they cause, obviously), you name it.

ETA: Alphabetizing things! Sure, it might be a nerdy thing to love, but I do like putting things in order. I used to work at the library in my hometown, and I actually liked shelving books and filing cards in their correct spots.

Me too, me too, me too, and me too!

I love the smell of Comet and bleach. I love knowing things are super duper clean.

I worked in a library and loved shelving. I'm not so into catagorizing at home, but it was so fun at the library.

I don't love learning about storms, but I love experiencing them. Perhaps because they're so rare in southern CA.

I always eat the heel, makes my husband happy as it means less food waste.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
KimberlyH said:
Zoe said:

Me too, me too, me too, and me too!

I love the smell of Comet and bleach. I love knowing things are super duper clean.

I worked in a library and loved shelving. I'm not so into catagorizing at home, but it was so fun at the library.

I don't love learning about storms, but I love experiencing them. Perhaps because they're so rare in southern CA.

I always eat the heel, makes my husband happy as it means less food waste.

Great minds! I'm not a science-oriented person at all but I do like learning the science of what causes storms. And about alphabetizing: normally you'd think that someone who likes doing that is ultra-organized. That's not entirely true. I HATE filing papers and I'm not the most organized person in the world. Not too bad though...

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Wet and dreary days: they make me want to stay in, snuggle and watch tv.
Gasoline
Pine sol and comet
The smell of Home Depot (I think it's the wood).
The smell of a cigarette just ignited (don't tell dh though, because I made him quit)(I don't smoke either).
The smell of cigars
olives
beets
tabloids

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
hera--I love wet and dreary days and olives, too!

I also love the heels of bread loaves and storms, Zoe!

I also love stinky cheese, brussels sprouts, and Manischewitz blackberry wine. :lickout:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen said:

I don't like dark meat, and it has nothing to do with how unhealthy it supposedly is. It's too greasy.
I also dislike it when people say "greezy." :bigsmile:

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Haven said:
Elrohwen said:

I don't like dark meat, and it has nothing to do with how unhealthy it supposedly is. It's too greasy.
I also dislike it when people say "greezy." :bigsmile:

C'mon.....it's not greasy, it's juicy!! :D
And I never realized I say "greezy" until I read your post....sheesh, now I'm going to be paranoid about it... :tongue:

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hair bands.

ETA: And by that I mean musical groups with big hair from the 80s, not things to keep your hair in a ponytail.

pearadorer25

Rough_Rock
I love-

Winter
Rain
Olives
Ugg Boots
Lying in until after 12pm
Staying in my pyjamas
Slippers
Socks
Beetroot
Bacon fat
Lychees
Halloumi Cheese
Horror films
White furniture
Scatter cushions
Small handbags

Chihuahuas- I am a breeder and exhibitor of chihuahuas and I adore these little guys! So this should really be at the top. :love: :love:

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Do a lot of people dislike small dogs???

pearadorer25

Rough_Rock
I think a few do, they view them as yappy and snappy ankle biters, but usually this is because they have only met one small dog that was like this, and then they think they are all like that. I think most people are either a big dog lover or a small dog lover, although I do love both. I just love dogs in general!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I'm a dog person but I dislike small dogs. I know a few around 15lbs that I like, but in general my cut-off is about 20-25lbs. I often don't like their personalities, and I don't think most of the small breeds (except the scruffy terriers) are particularly cute. Too frufru for me!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
HAH I could make a giant list of this:

Okra
fried green tomatoes
venison
gator tail
shark soup
conch chowder
ostrich egg
science class
boots
big trucks
jeans
lychee
cottage cheese
reptiles (I used to catch baby snakes)
cleaning stalls ( I love being in the barn period)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results