shape
carat
color
clarity

Girl''s shoes (or boy''s shoes for that matter) and Amazon!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Girl''s shoes (or boy''s shoes for that matter) and Amaz

Amazon has amazing deals on kids shoes! A few years ago, I lost my mind and bought a dozen clearance Umi's, Primigi, etc. (the high end brands) in larger sizes for DD to grow into. Unfortunately, as she got older she "refused" most of them because she has this nutty shoe fixation and will only wear one pair at a time, regardless of seasonal appropriateness, until they're too small or she chooses to move on to something else.

Another problem we had is that many of the shoes I had bought made black marks on her school floor, so the school has "outlawed" dark soled shoes unless they are non-marking soles. The Umi's weren't non-marking, so I have a giant pile of never worn shoes I've been meaning to put up on ebay.

But I digress - the deals on high quality shoes are fantastic!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Mrs Mitchell said:
I''m still not sure about the size thing - we have two fittings in the UK, one for length and one for width. A has teeny tiny feet, 3.5 F UK size. They haven''t grown much in the last year at all.

Hmm, I wonder if I could find a foot measuring thingy, like they use in the stores? Has anyone run across one of these online? As someone whose feet are horribly damaged from wearing badly fitted shoes as a child, I am paranoid about this (but excited to find cute shoes online haha).

Jen

Jen, I'm equally paranoid - I won't put Daisy in anything other than Start Rite and I have her measured every 6 weeks even if they look like they fit properly. I go to the shoe department in John Lewis, they're really good there and they don't try and push you to buy shoes if they don't actually need them.

I'd worry about buying shoes online as some styles fit D perfectly and others don't even though they're from the same manufacturer. Plus they can easily skip a size if they're going through a growth spurt so buying in anticipation wouldn't always work. I do try and pick up a second pair of whatever she has on eBay in a different colourway as they cost a fortune - easily $50 a pair :rolleyes:

Here's her shoes...

Prewalkers - I put her in these pink ones from March when she was just about to start walking. They're lovely and soft and bendy - she has a brown pair now for just wearing round the house or in the playground etc

cutietotprewalker.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

These are her first 'big girl' shoes in navy leather with little pink butterflies - she wanted the sparkly patent purple ones, but nasty mummy said no. She's a bit clompy in them compared with the others :bigsmile:

I did try to find something like a cute pair of sandals for the beach - I don't mind for shoes that are 'part-time' if they not absolutely perfect or if they're another brand (as long as they're halfway decent)... after all, wellies pretty much fit no-one!

abellastartrite.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

Talking of wellies... these are Daisy's :bigsmile:

scotty dog wellies.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results