shape
carat
color
clarity

My budget pendant

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have long been in love with these pendants from Richard Wise. Simple, elegant and gorgeous stones. But, on my non existent budget, it wasn't going to happen any time soon (specially that ruby :love: ). So, I decided to create my own budget version.

1580_1.jpg

1581_1.jpg

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Choosing a stone was easy - I had this gorgeous blue-green tourmaline just waiting for a project. I got it from a PSer and it was cut by Dan Stair. The colour is fantastic, nicely saturated and it glows - I call it "Go light green".

Blue-green cuprian tourmaline
1.78 cts
7.46 mm

(coming up next: the finished pendant)

Tourmaline.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To keep costs down, I went with silver, instead of gold (although RG would have been great - maybe I will upgrade the setting eventually :naughty: ). Since the pendant is rather bottom heavy (the threading holes could have been a smidge lower), it is on a slightly thicker chain, to help with tilting. The chain is a hand woven, fine silver chain with a silver clasp with a tiny blue zircon (courtesy of Dana).

I am quite happy with how this little project turned out. (but I still want that ruby)

tourmaline pendant.jpg

handshot.jpg

full chain.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's lovely! Photos of it being worn....?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, dear... I willl try to get a neckshot, but the light in my bathroom is just terrible.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the simplicity of it. it is stylish, classic, and timeless. congrats!

MoZo

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, I do not have a double chin! It must be the weird angle (trying to get some light on the stone with a huge black camera blocking the bulb on top of the mirror).

It sits just on the collar bones.

neckshot.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I like the simplicity of your pendant, it allows the tourmaline to be the star. Enjoy wearing it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a perfect stone for bezeling and it compliments your neckline perfectly. Enjoy!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I love that style myself! I have some omega chains that I swap out pendants for and would love to get some slides made similar to this! Very classic style.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pendant.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I don't see a double chin, just a really beautiful pendant! It's a great length, you'll be able to wear it with so many different necklines.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely on you!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone. I love the color and it looks great on you!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's gorgeous! Who set it? I'm thinking I need some sliders. :naughty:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and chic.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Lady Disdian! Honestly, it looks GREAT on ur neck :appl: The length/ thickness of the chain and size of the stone, it's just the right package!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lady Disdain,

Not a bad version, the secret is in the hardware in back, keeps it from tilting.

Best,

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting. I really like the chain too.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!!!! i wondered what had happened to my stone!!! you did an amazing job with it!!! :) it looks great!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree that it sits very lovely on you!

MoZo

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice stone, and a nice pendant!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out great and looks lovely on you.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I love the style of your pendant, and the color on the tourmaline is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lady Disdain,

Well, I think the old saying that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery is true, so just a couple of points: This type of bezel setting is not expensive, particularly for stones with diameters in whole mm. I love the look. i.e. 6mm, 7mm, etc. The chain is pricey, they are very thin cables (ruby) in 18k only 0.6mm, they are quite strong but barely exist, I like them because they almost disappear but they are made in Europe and...The tourmaline chain is a simple snake style.

We add a specifically designed bit of hardware in the back to keep the stone from tilting which can be a problem particularly with small stones (5-6mm). I'm glad you like them, I'll make a few more. I like your handmade Roman style chain.

Good luck,

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful stones and pendants. :love: :love: :love:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for the compliments! I wore it out last night and got several more compliments, since the stone is very eye catching.

Lavatea- I made the pendant and chain myself. As Richard mentions, these aren't that hard to make, but you must be exact with measurements and finish. You can get them made by a good jeweller.

Richard - thank you! I must add I love how you often show the back of pieces on your website. The amazing hardware are, to me, one of the marks of top quality craftsmanship.

Karee - I took my time setting it, didn't I? I love that stone and I had so many ideas for setting it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady Disdain,

I have not frequented Colored Stones in years. I happened to be interested in looking at rubies, so I came here and put, "ruby" into the search engine. Since you had used a pendant by Richard Wise as inspiration for your pendant, my search brought up this thread. I, therefore, got to see your lovely pendant. Great job! It looks lovely on you.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Lavatea, I think that chain is really neat, did not realize you made it! Does the style have a name? It almost looks like needlework (crochet).

Laura

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results