shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you seen Wink''s New Site? It''s Up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been checking on and off to see if the new and improved site was up yet ever since Wink started that thread about what we might want in a website. Well, it was a pleasant surprise to see it up and running today. Anyway, it''s lookin'' good! Wink, kudos to you, or should I say your webmaster
2.gif
. It is soooo much better than the old one! Well, here''s the link anyway. Enjoy gang!
Luv

http://www.winkjones.com/index.php

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, great improvement over the old one. Really like visuals on the "specials"

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wink, a suggestion: list dimensions on your stones, not just carat weight. This is particularly important for the colored stones, which have varying densities (is that the word I want)--the carat weight doesn't give us any idea of how big the thing is.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely worth a visit even if you know the old one
appl.gif

The page on jewelry quality is so useful! Especially since there are not too many of these and pricescope has none. (LINK) BTW, the page is called "Gold & Platinum" - I really had no idea what to expect from the tytle, but the content is a must read.

And did I have my pleasant surprise or what? Glen Lehrer gems next to Richard's ! Always good to see them
9.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/22/2004 9:44:56 AM glitterata wrote:

Wink, a suggestion: list dimensions on your stones, not just carat weight. This is particularly important for the colored stones, which have varying densities (is that the word I want)--the carat weight doesn't give us any idea of how big the thing is.----------------

The word you are looking for is Specific Gravity e.g. Diamond SG is 3.52, corundum (ruby/sapphire) is 4.00, while beryl (aquamarines/emerald) is 2.72. SG is defined as the ratio of how much something weighs compared to an equal volume of water. Therefore in the example above, if all three stones weighed 2 carats, the emerald would look the largest while the ruby the smallest.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been trying to do that with many of the stones, but as you know, there is no try, there is only do or not do. So on some of them I do, and on some of them I not do. I shall fix it sometime. Too many things to do and not enough time so many of them become not dos.

Tonight we are doing big BBQ because the Freezer decided to NOT DO with the cold thing. Anybody in Boise tonight, be sure to call and come on over about 6:30...

Also, there was a mix up on the email but that is now fixed. If you sent an email in the last twenty four hours or so I did not get it. I will get it now.

Got to get back to preparing for dinner, lots of people coming... Salmon, duck, hamburger, lamb, deer, elk, and who knows what else.

Wink

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I wish I were coming to your house, Wink! I've never tasted elk...

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/22/2004 4:43:15 PM Wink wrote:

Tonight we are doing big BBQ because the Freezer decided to NOT DO with the cold thing. Anybody in Boise tonight, be sure to call and come on over about 6:30...
Got to get back to preparing for dinner, lots of people coming... Salmon, duck, hamburger, lamb, deer, elk, and who knows what else.

Wink----------------

Wink,

Wow, what an invitation! I'm hopping in my truck right now.... let's see, Bay Area, CA to Boise, ID... should be about 12 hours... if you are serious partiers, there should still be some meat left... I'll re-supply the beer...have to remember to pick up some ice.

Zoom, zoom....

Guess in my youger days, I might actually have done this...somehow I don't think my boss would appreciate this today...

I'm gonna miss a GREAT BBQ!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Wink,

Sorry that I missed that BBQ. Especially since I know your art of the fire and your wife's mastership of salads and other extra's. Plus your great taste of wines. Mmmmmm, I cannot wait for my next visit.

On another note and back to the original subject: great site. You really have improved it greatly. In the meantime, we are working on our site, and we hope that it will be received as good as yours.

Live long,

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
mmmmmmmmmm..... Elk....

(drooling)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 8/22/2004 11:18:04 PM websailor wrote:

----------------
On 8/22/2004 4:43:15 PM Wink wrote:

Wink----------------

Wink,

Wow, what an invitation! I'm hopping in my truck right now.... let's see, Bay Area, CA to Boise, ID... should be about 12 hours... if you are serious partiers, there should still be some meat left... I'll re-supply the beer...have to remember to pick up some ice.

Zoom, zoom....

Guess in my youger days, I might actually have done this...somehow I don't think my boss would appreciate this today...

I'm gonna miss a GREAT BBQ!----------------
WE cooked up over 150 pieces of various kinds of meat, sent everyone home with doggie bags and there is still probably 20 or thirty pounds of meat in my fridge to be prepared in the next few days. Plenty of duck left, but the elk is nearly gone... Several people told me they didn't like duck before but left asking for recipes as they now know that duck is FANTASTIC.

It's all in the preparation and care of the meat!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Paul, and thank you to all who have commented here and in private emails.

It is definitely a work in progress, but it is nice to finally have it up!.

Wink

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Site does look great Wink! Thanks for asking for our input!
9.gif

Btw, I'm more impressed w the "colleagues" section of the site today than i was the other day...
2.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Much better site Wink! Navigates well and has much better information. What happened to the IdealScopes? Are you keeping freecz as a separate site?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have the ideal scopes on my specials page right now and will get them up on the store soon too.

I get them from Dave Atlas who is the distributor for Gary Holloway here in the States, so if you want to go direct to the Stateside source, he is the man! It is a good product for the prosumer to be able to use, it really reveals a LOT about the diamond that you are viewing.

Yes, we will redo the other site also now that we have the winkjones.com site up, but that is not really a topic for this board. Leonid has asked me to respect that this board is strictly for diamonds and colored stones, so I wish to not discuss that site here at all.

Leonid has worked hard to bring us a great forum and I wish honor his request in both the letter and the spirit of the law by not wandering onto that topic. Thank you for understanding.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results