shape
carat
color
clarity

Fear of Princess Cut part II

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chi_Town

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone-
I need some advise,I have taken the smart road and have went princess as it is what my GF really wants. I think I may have the the princess cut that I am going to go with and would love to get some feedback as the Princess is not my favorite cut and I think I am too critical. SO here are the stats, I greatly appreciate your feedback.

Princess
2.11 ct
Lenght = 7.2
Width = 69.2
Depth = 4.96
Depth = 71.76%
Table = 70%
Crown Height = 9.1%
Girdle = 3.9%
Polish = Very Good
Symetry = Very Good
Cullet .10mm off center

The stone also has a extra faucet RT Corner, should I be worried?

Brillance Scope
White Light = Med+/High
Color Light = Very High
Scintilliation = Very High+

Thank You very Much!!!

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
So far, we don't know color, clarity, or who certified it, that would help. I don't much care if a princess has an extra facet on a corner, since most will be set with "v" shaped prongs and you will never see it. I think the crown may be a little short, I like 10-12 better than 9%. Every stone is different though. I like the culet more centered, my guess is that there is more off in the cutting than the culet. Some on this site can help better with the scope pictures and light leakage. I am better when I see it.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
For sure get what GF wants, learn to say, "what was I thinking" "I am sorry" "what can I do" " you are right" "can I rub your back?" and combinations of these are the key,with jewelry, to a happy life. Ask my wife.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I don't like the extra facet because it means the corner got chipped. Can you tell us what the dimensions, color, clarity, etc. are for the stone? Also, do you have an ideal scope image?

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Sometimes the extra facet removed an inclusion and it is hidden in an area that does not affect the stone.

Chi_Town

Rough_Rock
Sorry about the missing info....
Princess
Clarity = VS1
Color = G
Cert = GIA
2.11 ct
Lenght = 7.2
Width = 69.2
Depth = 4.96
Depth = 71.76%
Table = 70%
Crown Height = 9.1%
Girdle = 3.9%
Polish = Very Good
Symetry = Very Good
Cullet .10mm off center

Is it appropriate to send a link to the stone?

thanks
Chi_Town

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/23/2004 3:03:18 AM Chi_Town wrote:

Is it appropriate to send a link to the stone?

---------------

Is THIS it?

Otherwise, there must be a few 1000 of links like this posted... so one more will be just fine
2.gif

The stats you posted look great and those high scores on the Briliance Scope sound good too. It would be nice to actually see the bscope immages and get a feal of what this stone looks like (contrast mostly).

Not, most of all, I would like to know what is that extra facet story all about. The average girdle thickness is rather "sturdy" but, it is not great news to have that one extra thin spot right on the corner. You can always ask, but if the detail shows already in the description of the stone, all the better.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I don't think that's it ana...but that's a nice stone
1.gif
Actually, that's a stone I had Jonathan get in for me ... I saw it on the net and in person. It's a really nice stone (although it may be on its way back to the manufacturer)!!! But I've gone Jubilee
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Don't be afraid of the princess! :0 E/t they can be tricky little suckers... There's not much we can tell you about your stone other than it looks like it has potential. You must see it in person to really know. Sometimes numbers don't translate to beauty!
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL- I think that IS the stone Ana....Now Chi...why would you not give us the actaul stats...? That's plain silly. And I think Jonathan still has the stone but maybe not for long- you better give him a call asap!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Chi- If you are in the market...this is probably the most amazing princess stone I've EVER seen in my ENTIRE life...I was able to see a tiny tiny tiny spec under the table in SOME lighting conditions so it was not for me...but it was truly amazing despite it's decent BScope...I think it may have already been returned to the manu but I could be wrong...

http://www.goodoldgold.com/princess_2_20ct_f_vs2.htm

Chi_Town

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone-
Yes, the link posted is the stone in question. I got the numbers off of the Sarin information posted on the page. I was also considering the 2.20, but making sure that it is completly eye clean is a huge deal for me, so I was shying away from that one. I was also after a Jubliee as well, but it is not what GF wants so am now going the princess route. So do I hear all systems are go for purchase?

thanks
Chi_Town

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Again, I have seen both in person. The 2.13 is a very nice stone. The 2.2 F is AMAZING. My definition and your definition of eye clean may be different. Here is the 2.2 link....which has a picture...it is BEAUTIFUL. The 2.13 is also beautiful. Again, I'd contact J very quickly if you haven't already done so. I saw the stone about 1 1/2 weeks ago so it might have been returned to the manu already...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
( I hope I'm not being insulting by saying...here's a stone I didn't kepp...but you buy it...lol...I have a VERY critical eye. VERY critical. Jonathan and my husband really felt it was eye clean...Gosh darn good eye site! The stone was breathtaking...but I'm mental and couldn;t deal! )...But I'm very sure the 2.2 is no longer in the store..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-2-2-f-vs2-princess-from-gog-lol-again.17308/

Chi_Town

Rough_Rock
Moremoremore-
Thanks for your feedback. I have been in contact with Jon involving the 2.13 and I would have no qualms about getting the 2.2 even if you turned it down to go jubliee. I also like the Jubliee's as well.

thanks
Chi_Town

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I would totally look at both!!! You might not see anything in the 2.2...and I have to say that it is a king in the world of the princess
1.gif
The G was also really nice....but with the G, there was NOTHING visible. No inclusions...and this is coming from ME!! I hope either one of them finds a good home
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hey Chi...since we're 'sharing'...lol...I just wanted to throw this one out there...Jonathan had mentioned that it could have real potential when I was in the hunt and that he could get it...

http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamond_details.php?lot=2687703

Chi_Town

Rough_Rock
You are great, thanks for your help!!!! My jet lagged self now needs to go to work.....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, MMM, you did remind me that Jonathan posted pictures of these darlings a tad back on THIS thread
2.gif

A must read, I'd say, esp. pag 2 where the pics are
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results