shape
carat
color
clarity

Size 7 fingers out there: What size diamond looks "right" on you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
My size 7 finger (6.5 - 6,75 in winter) makes a 1.33 (7.17 mm)
diamond look like a little chip on my hand!

What size and setting style do u go for???

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! That' sa nice size stone!!

I have a similar sized stone, and i felt like it looked a little small on my size 7 hand. I got it re-set in to a bezel setting surrounded by pave diamonds,a nd I SWEAR IT's HUGE NOW! Same stone, but it looks so much bigger! Similar to the tacori endless love setting - that really made it POP!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelgal,

A 7.17mm diamond is about 1.35 carats, not 1.2... 1.2 is at the most 7mm ???

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
you're right! now i remember the diamond i tried on was
1.33 !!!!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
HI guys,
I have a 6.5 finger and my diamond is 1.20 and it looks small to me sometimes, my girlfriend who has, I swear, size 3 fingers put it on and it looked HUGE!! I thought about resetting it to make it look bigger but when I put a band with it it really pops, so I will just wait till the wedding day.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/22/2004 9:12:59 PM jewelgal wrote:

My size 7 finger (6.5 - 6,75 in winter) makes a 1.33 (7.17 mm)
diamond look like a little chip on my hand!

----------------

Did you see that 3D hand and ring model at Blue Nile (it is part of their "build your own ring" application) ? It may help with your question.
2.gif

linny14

Rough_Rock
i have a size 6 1/2 (left hand) size 7 right hand. i don't consider that a large size (now my feet are another story). my engagement ring was a little over a caret with two side stones. i never felt it looked small on my finger. i got the stone at goodoldgold and rececived compliments on it all the time. i think people thought it was bigger because of the brilliance however, a stone will look bigger on smaller fingers no doubt.
i am getting a new stone this week because my diamond chipped (!). i am getting a larger stone but not because of my finger size.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/23/2004 9:56:58 AM linny14 wrote:

i am getting a new stone this week because my diamond chipped (!). i am getting a larger stone but not because of my finger size.

----------------

That's too bad about chipping your diamond. How long did you have it before it happened? And how did you chip it? I'm always wondering just how much abuse a ring can take...

linny14

Rough_Rock
don't mean to change thread but in response to above.
i had my ring less than 3 years. wore my ring all the time. i'm a lefty and a klutz. i have banged it on more than one occasion but never thought about it. am not sure how it chipped but i was so upset. i was told it was fluky thing but can happen. i noticed the chip because i know my ring so well. but it took awhile for my husband to see it. luckily there was no problem with the insurance. and i get an unexpected early upgrade.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
My right hand is a size 7 (left is 6.5), and I have several rings I wear on it....the 1.12 ct. radiant looks too small, the 1.64 ct. round looks average (not too big or too small), but the 2.01 ct. looks best (well, that is, it makes a statement!) I personally think a 1.50 ct. round is the minimum I would want for a size 7 finger.

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
I think it's all a matter of what you prefer. I have a .93 Eightstar that is tension set, and love it on my size 7 finger. It shines and shines and cast rainbows and sparkles everywhere.

Two good friends both carry over 2 carats in their e-rings (excluding their bands) but when we are all together, mine outshines them by a mile, and I'll take that over sheer size any day.

Now, do I have a bit of "size envy" sometimes. Sure I do. But I really think it's all a matter of what YOU REALLY WANT and feel comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results