shape
carat
color
clarity

Jumperoo or exersaucer?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
We're trying to decide what to get for our 4 month old daughter. My brother's 3 kids have all loved their exersaucer, but I've seen jumperoos mentioned on here a lot. What did your kid enjoy, and can you recommend the brand/model they loved? Would you get it again? Do you think more kids like the jumperoo or the exersaucer?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exersaucer. Get the one with the most toys! She played with it forever.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Daisy had the Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo and loved it for about 3 months (4-7) after that had no interest at all. I tried her in exersaucers in shops and she wasn't very interested.

I don't regret getting it at all as it was a life saver at the beginning, I've since lent it to friends and their daughter adores it - Daisy got mobile very early (5 1/2 months) whereas their daughter isn't yet crawling at 10 months which may have something to do with the attraction... once D was getting places crawling or cruising she didn't want to be contained in anything anymore.

The only toy that has been a major success for us was the VTech First Steps Baby Walker which she got for xmas and still plays with for ages every day - it has an activity board that unclips for when they are too young to pull-up and that you can play with on the floor or fix to a crib or PNP.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DD started walking around 10.5 months (so she was an early mover) but still played with the exersaucer after she started walking. She stood around the outside at that point. Forgot to mention we have an evenflo.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
we were lucky and our friends lent us both. the excersaucer came first and A def liked it, but it would only hold his interest for 15 to max 20 minutes before he wanted out. it's the evenflo one that converts to a winding table for when they get older so it is nicein the aspect that it grows with the kid. he enjoys the toys, but i think he needs someting more physically engaging for the amount of energy he has. hence...

we received the rainforest jumperoo just a week or so ago and he LOVES it. which we kind of knew he would as this kiddo would rather bounce than do anything else :rolleyes: . there are a few toys on it that keep him occupied and he would probably bounce all day long if we let him. it's the only toy he kind of lets out a disapointed grunt when i take him out after 20-30 minutes. never thought that would happen as he loves being carried. spoiled :love: anyway, LOVE the jumperoo, it has saved our arms, laps, and tummy from our little kangaroo here. my friend is preggo again so if she wants it back before A is done with it, i would not hesitate to plop down the buckaroos for it.

excuse all the -roos in my post :bigsmile:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had both. I liked the jumperoo the best simply b/c when London realized she could bounce up and down in it, it became our form of entertainment. She'd sproing around in that thing like nobodies business-lean to the side, up and down, push it forward whatever, and she always had the funniest look on her face. The exersaucer she liked too, but it wasn't as much fun for *us* ;)) When she was walking, she'd play on the outside of it. Trapper rarely wanted to play w/either. He was too busy being Into Shit Bob to entertain us w/jumping up and down.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
It really depends on your kid probably...we had the fisher price rain forest jumperoo (I think, it's the one with the monkey on the seat), and it was by far the best thing we ever bought. He used it every day, sometimes twice a day, from 3.5 months until we moved when he was 11 months. I put him in it when I'd shower every day, and then sometimes when I'd make dinner too.

But my kid is addicted to jumping. He loves jumping on the couch, on the beds, etc. He really misses the jumperoo (he's outgrown it length wise now), but if we go over someone's house who has one, he walks up to it, turns on the music, and jumps up and down holding on to the outside of it.

Whichever you buy, definitely look on craigslist...you can get great deals, and may even be able to get both, try them out, then resell one if you don't think you'll use it (and don't want to waste the room since they're big).

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Rainforest Jumperoo all the way. We were going to get an exersaucer until we saw our friends little girl having the time of her life in hers. DH and I looked at each other and nonverbally agreed to get one as soon as she was ready for one.

I am so glad we did. It was the best almost $100 bucks we have spent on baby stuff. She loved it! She would jump non stop for hours (literally) if we let her. We used it constantly from 4.5 to 10 months. I also really liked that she was getting exercise on a regular basis since she was a little slow on the sitting up/mobility curve.

Before you buy an exersaucer you have to see how excited kids get in the jumperoo. There has got to be a YouTube video or something. I had a girlfriend stop by to borrow something and when she saw our LO in her jumperoo she went out and bought a jumperoo the same day, even though she had an unopened exersaucer at home.

We did try our daughter in an exersaucer, but after the jumperoo you could actually see the disappointment on her little face. She tried to make it bounce, but was so confused why it wouldn't.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
George prefered the jumperoo. He used the jumperoo at daycare before he began to crawl, and we got an exersaucer for home around the time that he started crawling. Once he started crawling, he did not want to be contained! So I'm not sure how much was him liking the jumperoo more than the exersaucer, and how much of it was a development thing. The exersaucer was pretty short-lived for us.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is your kid interested in playing with toys, or does she like to move? Amelia couldn't care less about toys...she got bored. She didn't particularly care about the toys on the jumperoo...stopped playing with them early on. But she LOVED jumping. She could stay in it for ages if we let her. She jumped from about 4.5 months to about 10 months. We had to stop because the thing started tipping!

gingerB

Shiny_Rock

yup...A gets disappointed and confused sometimes when he's in the excersaucer now too. he tries to bounce and it obviously is not nearly as satisfying. i'm dreading the day he outgrows it -- already semi-looking for a substitute :bigsmile:

eta - gah. don't know how to work this new site. obviously i was trying to quote ponder posting about her kiddos dissapointment with the excersaucer post-jumperoo.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thinking more about it, I think it comes down to what TGal said - toys versus wanting to move. Until quite literally last week, George hasn't terribly cared about toys. His "play", from when he started crawling to basically now, has consisted of going in laps around the room, checking that everything's still there, trying to get around baby-proofing devices and trying to make out with the dogs (yuck). Even when we just had the exersaucer out, he didn't play with the toys as part of his circuit - he just checked to that all of them were still there and accounted for, and then moved on to the next thing. We had the exersaucer with the most toys and it didn't really help grab his interest. When he was in it, he did keep trying to bounce though, like in the jumperoo, and then wanted out when he was done trying to bounce.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
We brought Sophia to BRU one day and had her try out both. She seemed to enjoy the jumperoo more so that's the one we purchased. She used it through 9 months since she didn't start crawling until then. Now she won't touch the thing.

fiery said:
We brought Sophia to BRU one day and had her try out both. She seemed to enjoy the jumperoo more so that's the one we purchased. She used it through 9 months since she didn't start crawling until then. Now she won't touch the thing.

I wish I had done this. My nephew had an exersaucer (borrowed from my SIL's friend so we couldn't borrow it) so we got my 4-month an exersaucer. She will occupy herself in it for about 20 mins and then wants out. She loves to be on her feet and stand and jump so I think she would've enjoyed the jumperoo more.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I actually don't think it's just about movement/toys though...Jacks liked to move MORE than toys, yes, but as he got older he also got more and more enjoyment out of the toys. Once he found the button that turns the music on continuously, he pushed it over and over and over! And once he could reach the banana and toucan that hung down, he loved pulling on them.

drk

Brilliant_Rock

drk

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Einstein-Mus ... roduct_top

We ended up buying this one, and K loves it. What we like is that it has additional fabric hooks on the support bars that you can attach other favourite toys to to play with. She'll happily bounce and play in it for a good 20min at least. Gets our thumbs up for sure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results