shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Cut outside the USA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are ideal cut parameters different in the UK from America.

The reason I ask is because QVC UK sell their cubic Zirconia 'Diamonique' here in the uk and always boast that it is cut to the standards of the most top quality diamonds available but when I look on their website all their 1 carat rounds have a diameter of 6.25mm. Now I know that a 1 carat diamond from reading this site and others should be 6.5mm.

I know this is only cubic zirconia but it is the measurement I am interested in and I was wondering if the top diamond dealers here such as Asprey or Cartier in the UK have different parameters they judge as an ideal cut diamond than the paremeters dealers on the internet quote.

Does anyone know or have an opinion about this?

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Do not let tv channels be your guide to knowledge any more than letting fast food chains be your guide to quality meat. They have their function but it is consumption not education.

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Traditionally here in Europe anything goes
1.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your replies yowahking and Iiro.

I suppose there is no ideal cut really in the UK so maybe 6.25mm diameter is what most of the top end stones for sale here are.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results