shape
carat
color
clarity

Moving In?

paris29

Shiny_Rock
I was just curious, how soon after you got engaged did you move in together.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
We lived together for over a year before getting engaged.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
We bought a house together before getting engaged. About 6 months before.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
We lived together for about 3 years before getting engaged, oops ha!

A

Anonymous

Moved in Aug 09, engaged March 10. So we lived together for 7 months (almost 8 ) and I wouldn't have done it any other way. We were MUCH more informed as far as each other's quirks, how to work together better, and how compatible we are when there was no going home to another place in times of stress.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um said:
We lived together for over a year before getting engaged.

ditto. i moved in May '08 we got engaged Aug '09. will be married sept '10 :D :D

if you're asking "is there a 'right' time to move in after engagement?" i don't think so. whatever you & fi feel comfortable with!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I moved to CA to live with FI two weeks before our engagement, though I was expecting it to be more like a month before!

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Moved in 4 years before getting engaged, bought a place one year before.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
We were planning on moving in together about 2 months before we got engaged, so that would be almost a year before the wedding. But work did not allow for that. So we live 3 hours apart, and will in this situation for another year at least. Everyone keeps asking if we will move in together half way between the 2 cities :confused:. As much as I want to be with my FI, I don't want to be driving that much everyday. I have too many other things to do.

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
We have basically been living together since the first week we started dating, but the "official" move-in was about 8 months after we started dating. We got engaged after 3 1/2 years and will be married on our 4 1/2 year mark. He's the best roommate I've ever had. It was important to both of us that we could really live together comfortably.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
DH and I moved in together in October '08, were engaged in March '09, and married in July '10, so we actually lived together for 5 months before becoming engaged.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
We got engaged in September of last year and moved in together May of this year so 8 months after we got engaged.

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock
We moved in together July 2009, bought a house together Feb 2010 and got engaged in May 2010. So 10 months before we got engaged.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
We got engaged March 17th and moved in together March 28th. The move was already planned before the engagement though.

We've been living together since 2005. Bought a house in 2008. Engaged in December 2009. Wedding October 2011.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
We lived together for about two years before getting engaged and then bought a house together a month after he proposed.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
We lived together for about 6 months before we got engaged.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
We started looking for a house about a month or two after we got engaged. It has already been a year and we just closed on the house. He's out of the country at the moment so techincally we won't be living together, until a few weeks from now. That's over a year after being engaged.

Engaged August 2009. Start living together September 2010. Getting married March 2012. Already been together since July 2005.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
We lived together for 2 years before getting engaged. The overwhelming norm with people I know is that they live together before getting engaged, but I do know of one couple who waited until they got married to move in together.

I think everyone has different priorities, and they're not right or wrong. I would never agree to marry someone that I haven't lived with, but that's just what works for me.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bought a house and moved in together November 2008....engaged April 2010.....wedding July 2011...so pretty much lived together for a year and a half prior to engagement

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
We "functionally" moved in together after about 3 months and then did it "properly" ~10 months later - so we lived together for just under 2 years in total (10 months "officially") before getting engaged.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
We lived together a little over 2 years before getting engaged.....funny it seems longer looking back!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Fi and I have been together for nearly 8 years, moved in together over 7 years ago, bought a house together 2 years ago, and got engaged about a month ago.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got engaged a little over 2 years after we bought a condo and moved in together. Before that though, when we had separate apartments, my husband didn't have roommates but I did. I used to spend probably up to half of every week (at least) at his place.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
We'd been dating almost 3 years when we got engaged, and are getting married in March 2011 (we're pretty sure). We're waiting till we are married to live together, but he's been sort of living here on the weekends for about a year.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
We got engaged 6 years after we bought our house together, and 9.5 years after we started dating.
We are by no means "normal"!!
HAHAHA!! :tongue:

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
We lived together for almost 3 years before getting engaged.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results