shape
carat
color
clarity

Green gold or yellow gold for chrysoberyl

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I've decided to go minimal with my new chartruese chrysoberyl. The etsy vendor can do the brushed bezel mounting in either 18k yellow or green gold. The green gold will be a bit more expensive since he doesn't currently have any in hand. He thought the stone would be beautiful in either color, but said there would be less contrast with the green stone.

Which would you go with? Green gold or yellow gold?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
It depends on what hue of the chryso you want to play up: the green or the yellow.

If you want to play up the green, go with GG.

If you want to play up the yellow, go with YG.

I personally love YG with yellow stones, especially 18K and up. TL's chryso in LOGR with a 14K YG head is a great example.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either - both will look sensational!

One of my favourite rings on PS is the chryo asscher set in green gold (and for the life of me I can't remember who had it made but it's simply gorgeous).

However, I wonder how green gold will tie in with other jewellery that you may wear with it? Maybe, you'll have to have a set made? :naughty:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds said:

One of my favourite rings on PS is the chryo asscher set in green gold (and for the life of me I can't remember who had it made but it's simply gorgeous).

However, I wonder how green gold will tie in with other jewellery that you may wear with it? Maybe, you'll have to have a set made? :naughty:

That was Mochi's chrysoberyl. Gene of precisiongem.com cut it, and Whiteflash set it in a green gold bezel. You can see the photo of it on Gene's jewelery page on his website. I can't find the link on Pricescope right now, but Mochi took a million photos of it. It's very beautiful.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the one - thank you TL. Apologies for not recalling that it was yours Mochi.

The green gold really looks like green gold (silly thing to say but some green gold doesn't). It's really masterful.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'm not big on matchy-matchy so having only one piece of green gold would not be a problem for me. I would just hate to think that the stone would "blend in" to the mounting. I want PoP!!

etsy mount for chryso.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Uppy said:
I'm not big on matchy-matchy so having only one piece of green gold would not be a problem for me. I would just hate to think that the stone would "blend in" to the mounting. I want PoP!!

If you want it to POP, then go with RG!

Although green stones in RG are an acquired taste. :naughty:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
platinumrock said:
Uppy said:

If you want it to POP, then go with RG!

Although green stones in RG are an acquired taste. :naughty:

RG does make green pop! If you don't like blendy then that might be a good option too. :appl:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have a picture of this neon color green in rose gold?

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmm rg might be nice, too. Eek! We're making it even MORE complicated.

Can someone with the resources photoshop your stone into Mochi's mockup from WF showing how her chrys would look in the different shades of gold?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppy said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Uppy I beg you. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Eugh!
Eugh!
Eugh!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds said:
Uppy said:

Eugh!
Eugh!
Eugh!

LMAO!!! I knew LD would hurl!! :cheeky:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
You guys crack me up!!! That's why I love Colored Stones so much. We all have such different ideas about things, but manage to pull it all together with the common goal of enabling each other! :naughty:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a few:
file.jpg
2010-07-01_009_JKT.jpg

:lol: @ LD :D

ETA: Bezels are 18k RG, the band is argentenium silver

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
platinumrock said:
TL set her mint garnet in RG and her chryso in 14K YG.

Yes, my mint garnet is slightly bluish green, and my chrysoberyl is greenish yellow. I wonder how the chrysoberyl would look in RG though??? Let me see if I can come up with something since I have an unset chryso lying around, but if you place your chrysoberyl on a very clean shiny penny, you might get an idea.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds said:
Uppy said:

Eugh!
Eugh!
Eugh!

Hold on LD. I took the suggestion to photo it on a penny. I'm LOVING it!!!! Look at the color of this stone!

chrys on penny2.JPG

chrys on penny.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Uppy said:
LovingDiamonds said:
Uppy said:

Eugh!
Eugh!
Eugh!

Hold on LD. I took the suggestion to photo it on a penny. I'm LOVING it!!!! Look at the color of this stone!

OMG, I literally gasped when I saw these pics. I LOVE it in RG!!! :love: :lickout:

"Pop" would be an understatement. More like an explosion of color and contrast.

Now I "need" a chryso so I can set it in RG. It's all your fault Uppy. :Up_to_something:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:lickout: :appl: :love: WOWZA! Love it Uppy!! :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:rolleyes: *feeling very queasy*

*very very queasy*

*exceptionally queasy*

It's wrong I tell you, wrong!

Uppy - don't listen to these rose gold with green enablers. Come to your senses. You had such good taste in post 1 of this thread - where did it all go wrong?

Red and green should never be seen.

............ goes off mumbling to self and shaking head ...............

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it w/yellow gold like in the picture of the inspiration ring from the vendor..but (LD cover your ears and say la la la la la) I like the idea of it in rg too!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a huge fan of rose gold, and I'm a huge fan of bluish green stones in rose gold, but I'm not a fan of neon yellow green stones in rose gold. You've got two very, very strong colors together competing in a very sleek, modern design. I'm just concerned you would lose the impact of the design, and dilute the impact of the stone. And create serious eye-strain for yourself. :-o

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oops, how can I miss this thread, its another pretty neon :love:

sorry, I can't choose between the 2, cos I only like white gold and I think it will look classy with your Chrysoberyl:)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD, what about the Spirit of Christmas? LOL!

I think it looks like kryptonite on the penny. :shock: :cheeky: :love:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds said:

My friend does not post much on PS...but I just had to post a picture of her Asscher Chryso in Green gold by Sally. I hope she doesn't mind as I believe it is worth showing and may help Uppy in her decision. BTW, I vote Green gold!! :bigsmile:

chrysoset.jpg

chryso2.JPG

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
A vote for green gold, I believe the tinge is subtle so it won't be green on green, yellow or white is nice too. Please don't do rose gold. :bigsmile:

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Either yellow or green gold would work perfectly with the neon chryso... not sure about rose gold though... :rolleyes:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Awww, where's your sense of adventure and spirit ladies?? :praise:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I'm just gaudy. :naughty:

That pic with the penny is just delish to me.

Go with what you love, Uppy. After all, you're the one that will be wearing it.

Make sure it floats your boat. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results