shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this model pretty to you?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I can barely get my hands around the wife's neck"--favorite comment evar!

She looks a little on the thin side, for sure. She certainly isn't unattractive, though.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
No.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I do not find her aesthetically appealing at all. I wouldn't say she's unattractive, however I do find her anorexiachic look to be a little off-putting.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I can't really get a good look at her face... but 6'2" is pretty tall. Size wise, when I see her my immediate thought is "Wow, she's way too thin" but I don't know anything about her eating habits. Some people were graced with the eternal thin gene, and at her height she probably doesn't have to do a whole lot of dieting to maintain her frame.

Do I fine her aesthetically pleasing to look at? No. I think women like Salma Hayek and Catherine Zeta Jones have great curves and that's what I find attractive in other women.

ETA: WHAT is she wearing??? S&M/French Maid yuckiness.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Not really. Her head doesn't look proportionate, and realistically, her face is boring to look at. Plain Jane.

And, although she is extremely thin, she looks like she just has a tiny frame, I don't think she's a medium-build girl trying to starve herself because not a lot of knobbly joints or gauntness there. She looks like a normal weight person that was digitally stretched on film.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
monarch64 said:
"I can barely get my hands around the wife's neck"--favorite comment evar!

I saw that too! Hahahahaha.

To answer the question. Nah, I'm not into that emaciated look. I respect that some people are just naturally quite skinny, but as a model, she doesn't make me want to go out and buy anything she'd be wearing. And the camera does add weight so I can't imagine what she looks like in real life.

DH works in television and I remember the first time I met a news anchor that seemed a little chubby on TV and she was TINY in real life. It was then and there that I decided that the camera adds at least 10 pounds. :errrr:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
she'd be a lot more attractive if she'd stop slouching

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I don't think she's very attractive. I wouldn't want to look like her. Are we absolutely sure she's not wearing some kind of corset or something? Her waist just looks VERY unnatural to me! :sick:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. She looks scary skinny to me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is funny to me that tall and thin are the only criteria for physical beauty in the modeling industry sometimes. I think there is a little more to it than that.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
If anyone saw the full video clip, it is clear she is wearing a corset. While I think she is far thinner than I think is attractive, she is not nearly as thin as she first appears.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Uhm....HECK NO!!! :shock: She's way too thin!!

Actually, I think her face is attractive, but her body looks completely out of proportion to me.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
She looks to me like a pretty girl who has a very low BMI. She might just be that way, or she might have made an effort to achieve it. Either way, her body shape overshadows her prettiness for me because it makes her look ill. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that naturally slight people look unwell, but this girl doesn't seem to have that glow of good health about her, making me think she's a very low weight due to illness or a problem with food. I think she would be very pretty if she looked to be in better health.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is not attractive as far as I can see. She's way too thin and being tall with a small build is not an excuse. Her arms and legs are way too thin. No one should aspire to this look.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I believe a similar thread was started last year when a retouched photo of a model was in the news making her look mych thinner than she actually was.

I was and am thin. My DD is thin, slender whatever you want to call her. Some people are naturally slender, others not. Let's not put a label a person based on what you see with your eyes.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I dislike her slouch and the awkward way she holds herself. She looks like an insecure teenager (which she probably is). This is not her fault, exactly, but I find self confident women much more attractive.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
You know, I don't know if any of you remember reading the Little House on the Prairie series, but I think it's the first book where Laura overhears Pa bragging that when he married Ma he could fit his hands around her waist. As a kid I always wondered what that would look like...I guess now I know.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think she has a lovely face. Her physique is ... at an extreme that I couldn't mimic if I wanted to, because I'm an excellent example of my kind, and my kind is short and busty.

That said ... two thoughts.

I didn't come to the position I hold until I was in my mid-twenties. Prior to that, I desperately wanted to be svelte and slyph-like and everything our culture tells us is attractive, and with greater and greater frequency, our culture tells us that a BMI under 19 is the ideal.

2nd thought ... I almost never see conversations like this focusing in dudes. The concept of "America's Next Top Model: XY Edition" hasn't even been introduced, as far as I can tell. If we put THAT much pressure on one gender to be beautiful (for whatever value of "beauty" you care to fill in), to obsess, to conform, then this girl, and a whole slew of other girls who are possibly less genetically adapted to the potentiality, are sort of the natural result.

Calling her ugly isn't the solution. Calling the culture that encourages this sort of thing ugly? Maybe.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Nope, don't find anything about her attractive.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought she was kinda gross.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good, another one of these threads where we all discuss a woman's body and how gross it is!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to point out that most Americans probably wouldn't be posting an extremely obese woman, and calling her unattractive or ugly because we were brought up to be more sensitive to obesity, but I happen to know a lot of skinny people (who cannot help the way they look) that think being called emaciated, or sick extremely hurtful. My mom was one of them...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom said:
I just wanted to point out that most Americans probably wouldn't be posting an extremely obese woman, and calling her unattractive or ugly because we were brought up to be more sensitive to obesity, but I happen to know a lot of skinny people (who cannot help the way they look) that think being called emaciated, or sick extremely hurtful. My mom was one of them...

Exactly. Why is it acceptable to attack a woman who is thin? I'd love to see the reaction if I posted a plus-sized model and said how gross I thought she was.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
If you look at her she looks very very thing naturally. I have a friend who is 5"11 and she is almost as tiny and man can that girl EAT! Maybe she is healthy and just has the genes to be so thin. Now is it attractive?, I don't find being that skinny attractive, but in the fashion world she would get alot of work.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
thing2of2 said:
Exactly. Why is it acceptable to attack a woman who is thin? I'd love to see the reaction if I posted a plus-sized model and said how gross I thought she was.

I was going to say the exact same thing. While I don't find her my "taste", If she eats healthy that's what matters. We have to remember that in your teens early 20s is very easy to eat a lot and don't get weight. At least that was my dad's and myself case, No any more :errrr: no I have to diet :snore:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think she's gross. I think she's ill. In other pictures, you can see her sharp hipbones sticking out of her skirt, and her collarbone and chest are similarly emaciated. I realize it is *hard* for some people to put on weight, but it is medically possible given the help of a nutritionist and other healthcare staff. Why isn't anyone concerned about her welfare? If you posted a pic of an obese model, people would say things like, she should really lose some weight, you know, for her *health*. Same thing here. :confused:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
No.

She looks like Alex McCord, the unfortunate looking housewife on RealHousewives of NYC.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2 said:
Oh good, another one of these threads where we all discuss a woman's body and how gross it is!

Brava!
Deb/AGBF
:read:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results