shape
carat
color
clarity

selling diamond ring in calgary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

linkunlimited

Rough_Rock
After many months of putting off burying a proposal that could have been, I''ve decided it''s time to finally sell the ring. Anybody know some good consignment shops that will help me sell my diamond ring? In Calgary? After reading a few posts, I guess my best bet to recoup the cost is either consignment or private sale. I have the GIA certification and it has an IGL appraisal so I should be good to go. Hopefully, consignment is a secure way to sell it. Any info is greatly appreciated!

L

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I also live in Calgary--what are the odds "meeting" here on PS
confused.gif

Anyway, I understand that the Alberta Diamond Exchange (they have a website) take consignment items. I believe they have an office across from Mount Royal Village in The Devonish.
Good luck.

Cheers

Sharon
wavey.gif

linkunlimited

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info Sharon! Calgary has a high percentage of people "wandering" the Internet and I'm glad they do. I will check them out and let you know how it turns out.

L

charms

Rough_Rock
I would just sell the diamond to a dealer. Consignment can be a risky venture, and why not just get your money up front and direct? Why have someone else sell it for you when you can sell it yourself?

A diamond is a diamond. You have the certificate, it has a value, and many reputable jewelers will buy it from you. One thing you could consider is to have it appraised so that you have a something to back up your asking price. You're going to lose money on the deal, but I'd much rather work with a jeweler than a consignment shop.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
You can give the ring to a jewler to sell on consignment, and this is a way of getting back more money. Why not sell it up front? What if no one wants to buy? What if they only offer you 20% or 30% of wholesale value? From what people say around here, this isn't exactly uncommon. Ebay with a reserve price may or may not be a better bet, ads in newspapers, or so forth.

Iamblue2

Rough_Rock
Sorry about the last submission, my 5 year old was trying to help...
While I am not in Calgary
wink2.gif
I am trying to sell a wedding set in Louisville,KY and have come across some serious obstacles as far as trying to sell it to a jeweler or even trying to put it on consignment for that matter and need some advice.

I have a ladies 3 diamond 14 karat white gold set. The engagement specs are:
Cut: Radiant cut with diamond measuring approximately 7.18mm long by 5.06mm wide
Color: F-G
Clarity: VS2
With the carat weight approximately 9/10 carat in a tiffany style mounting.

The wrap is comprised of 2 matching emerald cut diamonds each averaging 4.41mm long by 3.50mm wide. One set on each side of the center stone.
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Both stones total weigh approximately 2/3 carat

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results