shape
carat
color
clarity

About to purchase...comments?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrewk

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''m about to purchase my first stone in preparation for the popping of the question! Will post pics in 6 weeks, once I get the custom mounting. I would appreciate comments if people see any obvious flaws:

carat: 0.70
color: G
clarity: SI1
cert: AGS 0
symmetry: ideal
polish: ideal
size: 5.82 x 5.79 x 3.53
depth: 60.9
table: 56
crown angle: 34.5 deg.
crown height: 15.2%
pavillion angle: 41.1 deg.
pavillion depth: 43.6%
culet: pt
girdle: 0.7 - 1.4 %
fluorescence: none

I know the pavillion depth is a shade too big, but the stone looks really nice and sparkles really well. Looks good in my Ideal Scope too.

Also, is a 0.7% to 1.4% girdle considered "thin to medium" or "very thin to medium"?

Thanks,
-andrewk

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
This looks like a nice stone. Especially if you have seen it and looked at it with an idealscope. Don't get so hung up on the specs that you lose sight of how it looks to you! The machines that measure them have a degree of error between them that could be greater than that .1 pavilon depth. Look at it in different lights -- especially away form the jewelry store halogens, and if you love it and the price is right, go for it.

The .7 girdle is considered thin, so it is thin to med, which is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results