shape
carat
color
clarity

What was your spouse's best apology?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
The husband did something unbelievably dumb@ss last night and knew it, and was totally in the doghouse today. As a result of his idiot-boy maneuver I got a whole hour and a half of sleep on the couch before work today, and left him a note explaining that he'd better get me coffee, dangit. I went upstairs at lunch and found an absolutely enormous bouquet of gorgeous flowers, a very apologetic note and a really deadly-good Starbucks drink. (As the resident Food Nazi he usually refuses to get me anything sweet or bad for me @ Starbucks ;( ).

He'd also cleaned everything top to bottom, which was necessary. And he apologized about a thousand times at about 5 AM last night, too.

The Rat (kitty, not rodent) thought the flowers were lovely and quite tasty too; he always appreciates a nummy flower bouquet and assumes they're just for him... to eat.

So what was everyone else's SO's best apology? Anything interesting?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Not really. DH and I apologize when we do stupid things, but he's never done anything dumb enough that he's had to do anything to make up for it. So no interesting stories from me! Though he has felt bad enough to offer to pick up dinner or put all the dishes away without help.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apology? Whats that?.......... :roll:

Not often I'm afraid so can't contribute on this one. To be fair, not often he's in the dog house either.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
FI's best apology ever was just last weekend. FI has been under a lot of stress at work and he started to take it out on me a bit - basically being short for no reason. Well Saturday he apologized and told me I could take a nap while he did the grocery shopping for the week. He put everything away and woke me up with a Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks. 8) He was forgiven.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember many years ago (early 1990's) me and the hubby got into a hugh argument, I dont remember what it was about, I do remember it being his fault :wink2: anyway we basically was fighting a good part of the day, I had finally had enough and left and went to my sisters and spent the night...we spent several nights apart trying to cool off and work things out....well he was trying to get me back with apology and flowers and oh yea a new anniversary ring :naughty: He got me a .33ct channel set anniversary band that I had been looking at for some time....well of course I ended up forgiving him...still have the ring, cant wear it as it is to small, but one of these days I will see if it can be sized and I will wear it again (stats are awful on it lol)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
What? Your husbands actually admit it and apologize when they're wrong? :shock:

Seriously, though, mine will just say I'm sorry. My dad always gave my mom flowers, but they may be too much to ask from my DH. :roll:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My husband is a great guy, but he's not very romantic. *I* love romance, and this one time, shortly after we'd gotten married, I blew up with unappreciation. No flowers! No love poems! No romance! Waaaaaaaaaaauuuuuugh!

So I woke up the next morning and grumped into the kitchen to get my breakfast. I reached into the freezer for a Hot Pocket (don't judge me), and found ... a Post-It note that said "I love you more than anything." And I giggled a little, and got less pissed, and reached for my coffee mug.

Which had a Post-It note in it that said, "You have beautiful eyes."

And so on and so forth. There were notes *everywhere.* On my briefcase: in my shoes; sandwiched between the pages of my books.

He's still not terribly romantic, day-to-day. But I always know he means well, now.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Well he's not my spouse, but BF and I got into a pretty huge fight this past Saturday. It resulted in him saying some things that were mean and hurtful, and he knew he had f'ed up pretty much immediately. I could tell that he was extremely sorry for saying it and he apologized profusely. I was so hurt and upset that I really wasn't caring about his apologies at the time, and I made him leave my apartment and go home.

He felt so awful! He tried texting me a few times and I didn't respond, and then he texted me the longest, sweetest, most apologetic text I've ever gotten. Then he called me in the morning and asked if he could come over, and I said yes. He showed up at my door with two dozen roses and a few bags of glazed donuts. There were a dozen roses that were a mix of pink and champagne, which he said were because he's sorry, and a dozen red, which he said were because he loves me. As for the donuts, I had told him about this donut place I went to in a certain city that had the best glazed donuts I'd ever had. I hadn't told him what the place was called or where it was, so he looked up donut shops in that city and bought some from the 3 that had the best ratings hoping he'd pick right. His plan worked!

I couldn't stay mad at him after that.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe said:
My husband is a great guy, but he's not very romantic. *I* love romance, and this one time, shortly after we'd gotten married, I blew up with unappreciation. No flowers! No love poems! No romance! Waaaaaaaaaaauuuuuugh!

So I woke up the next morning and grumped into the kitchen to get my breakfast. I reached into the freezer for a Hot Pocket (don't judge me), and found ... a Post-It note that said "I love you more than anything." And I giggled a little, and got less pissed, and reached for my coffee mug.

Which had a Post-It note in it that said, "You have beautiful eyes."

And so on and so forth. There were notes *everywhere.* On my briefcase: in my shoes; sandwiched between the pages of my books.

He's still not terribly romantic, day-to-day. But I always know he means well, now.
Awwwwwwwww. That's really sweet, especially since he's not a romantic kinda guy.

And I just have to say: Calienteeeeeeeee pocket. (Jim Gaffigan . . . anyone?)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We've never gotten into a big enough fight that it's warranted a really good apology. (Yet. We've only been together for six years. :cheeky: )

HOWEVER, one of the things I most appreciate about my husband is his behavior when we do disagree or argue. If I come at him yelling and screaming, which is sometimes my first reaction I'll admit, he stays completely calm. He listens to everything I have to say, and he doesn't get defensive. He asks questions to calm me down and to make sure he understands what I'm mad about, he sincerely apologizes, and if applicable, he changes his future behavior. In other words, he really listens to me, he hears what I'm saying, and makes sure he understands, and he changes the behavior when necessary. :love: What more could a girls ask for?

Seriously, though, one of my favorite lines for my students is "Don't apologize, change the behavior." I just put it together that that is exactly what my husband does. (Well, he apologizes, too.)

The coolest thing about it all is that it's made me a much better person. My initial reaction used to be to get defensive when he was upset about something, but he's shown me that that is the opposite of what I should do. He says "You should be more concerned about why *I* am upset than about defending yourself. That just tells me that you only care about yourself." He's right, of course, and I've learned to put my own ego aside (shout out to Kenny!) and really listen to what he has to say and to take it to heart.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Circe, my DH did something similar. It was our first Valentines Day and I got upset that he hadn't even got me a card. Well, the next dayy, he went to the store and got Shrek Valentines, and he wrote cute notes and put them everywhere. My car, briefcase, pockets, gloves, everywhere. I found them for weeks.

He's also sent flowers to work a few times. Not often, but he has.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results