shape
carat
color
clarity

pear shape depth question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

naomi

Rough_Rock
Depth of pear shape cut being 58.6% (table 60%) is a worry? Also, 61.7% (table 58%) being safe?
Does Bow-tie appear more cleary for lower depth one? (People say high 60'' % is better for pear shape....)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are many factors which mitigate or increase the bow tie effect. Every pear, marquie and oval has one, but differ in how much you will see bcause of many reasons. It just isn't a simple parameter to beware of. You must look at the stones to see which one pleases your eye. In a way, it is a beauty contest and you are the best judge.

The shallower diamond will look larger, but it may not be as brilliant as the slightly deeper stone. THis does not apply to overly deep diamonds, but only within the narrow range of moderation close to the 60% area. Only unusual stones are highly brilliant when overly deep and very few are brilliant when overly shallow.

naomi

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Oldminer.

So, can I think in general, 58.6% and 61.7% is close enough to 60% (Diamond Tutorial says 59% ~ 63%) and not a typical shallow worry range? (I do not need to look for 64% or 65%)?

I would like to match two pare shapes for earrrings. They are presented as a pair.

61.7% depth (Table 58%) with 9.48mm x 6.37mm x 3.93mm (1.49 ratio)
seems good proportion, but has faint fluorescence (F, VVS2)
58.6% depth (Table 60%) with 9.24mm x 6.40mm x 3.75mm (1.44 ratio)
maybe shallow due to width being wider for depth? (F, VVS1, no fluorescence, which I like, but shallow)

Is this very good pair of pears? Or OK range?
Is D,E-VS range gives me more choice (or less?) as pair than F-VVS range?

Either stones has some drawback for me. Should I try to get one best stone which I really like and try to look for another just to be used as a pair for pair's sake...?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those tw odiamonds are as close as a pair as one might generally fins mounted in earrings with large fancys shapes. It would be quite unusual not to have some differences between the stones. In earrings, these differences might be just fine and not visible to anyone looking at you while they are being worn.

F is plenty fine in color and VVS is overkill for most earrings. You could lower your clarity a grade or two and still have a super pair of diamonds. If you don';t wish to save the money, you could have larger diamonds....Its up to you.

naomi

Rough_Rock
Thank you, again, Oldminer.

But could you clarify below my question to ease my mind?

Can I think in general, 58.6% and 61.7% is close enough to 60% (Diamond Tutorial says 59% ~ 63%) and not a typical shallow worry range?
I do not need to look for 64% or 65%?

I would probablly look for higer color, or larger size (I may not need bigger than 1.5 on my ear, though) with lower clarity.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results