shape
carat
color
clarity

Microscope and Light Leakage Detection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
Have any of you heard this rationale from a B&M store (note, I have):

“You don’t need a fancy “IdealScope” (with an “air quotes” hand gesture acted out by the sales person) to see light leakage.” Then I was told that you could see light leakage by using the high-powered microscope. I asked to be shown the applied technique and was told that they didn''t have a stone to show me right then.

Huh. Odd, I thought. Guess I better study some more.

Which one of us was ill-informed?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is a microscope photo of a stone from a website begining with G
1.gif

With a bit of adobe photo shopping
1.gif

Microidealscope.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 8/19/2004 7:03:44 AM Garry H (Cut Nut) wrote:

And the great thing about the microscope is it costs heaps, but saves $25, and takes 10 times longer to set up
read.gif
----------------
LOL!

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/19/2004 7:03:44 AM Garry H (Cut Nut) wrote:

And the great thing about the microscope is it costs heaps, but saves $25, and takes 10 times longer to set up
read.gif
----------------

It is early today, but this will be the frontrunner for the funniest thing said today! That was absolutely classic! I love it
1.gif

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
Well, Cut Nut, that is some fierce competition. Why the hey didn’t you think of that before you spent your money on research/patents/trademarks, etc? You call yourself an entrepreneur?

Maybe I can become an IdealScope distributor/rep. Who do I talk to? And if I do, it would be appropriate to be supplied with a couple of rather large diamonds because jewelers often don’t have a stone of their own to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results