shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a setting..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bizgk

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am trying to find a diamong setting but am not having much luck. My girlfriend is an architect, and I know she would want an uncommon design.

I found this nice setting from Niessing that I think she would love (she likes off center designs, and the flat top would be appealing to her I believe), but the setting alone is well over $4,000.

Does anyone have any advice on where I might be able to find similar types of settings, for under $2k?

Thanks.

niessing1.jpg

bizgk

Rough_Rock
Oops.. I posted this picture twice by mistake.

titanium1.jpg

bizgk

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of another setting I believe she would like, although this one only comes in Titanium, and I am looking for Platinum.

Thanks.

titanium1.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
When it comes to settings you better make "sure" of what she wants.
Settings can be a tricky thing. If you are going for an "unusual" setting save yourself the agony and get her .02.
It has even been suggested here to get the stone have it set in an inexpensive plain setting and let her choose the "final resting spot."
Good luck.

bizgk

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I might be a bit out of it tonight, but what are you talking about with the ".02."?

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
That would stand for 2 cents!

reena

Ideal_Rock
yes, that's an unusual setting--just make sure!
1.gif

also, there recently was a long thread about Niessing tension settings and lost stones that you probably should read before purchasing (at least i would want to if i were you). search "niessing" and you'll find it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id go shopping with her to get a feel for what she likes. She might surprise you. Mines a pretty simple solitaire and Im an artsy fartsy.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I might be out of it tonight. Please define artsy fartsy.
3.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results