shape
carat
color
clarity

help dating watch

breezing

Rough_Rock
purchased this at auction about seven or eight years ago, information on the manufacturer is pretty scarce but from what i've found it's a rather obscure, i refuse to say cheap/low-end so will say moderately priced, maker - Accro Bond Watch Co - Swiss. i'm looking to get your thoughts on possible age of this piece based on it's design/style. the chain does not appear to be gold, is 24" with a 5" drop. there is a clasp at the watch end as well so i'm thinking it may have been converted from a pin or was designed this way. any help dating this would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

pendant watch 002.jpg

pendant watch profile 010.jpg

accro pendant watch.jpg

accro pendant watch back.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
this is a great watch!My feeling is that its late edwardian, but could be as late as early art deco(late teens to early twenties)the chain is gold filled and very fashionable in its day.im likin that date of about 1915-ish... think about the fashions worn in the movie titanic.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
My first thought was early '20s, but it does have a bit of an Art Nouveau flair too, so could be a bit earlier. Very neat piece!

breezing

Rough_Rock
thanks for your help. i just thought it was such a cool little watch and it was so inexpensive i couldn't pass it up. i've been doing a little more research and have found some really pretty and intricate ball watches. mines rather plain in comparison but it's definately not something you see every day and part of it's charm to me, is it's simplicity. i did post photos of it on a watch forum and it may not be that old - according to them the hands and dial are more 40's but it doesn't scream 40's to me at all. i'll be taking it in to my jeweler this weekend and will hopefully be able to get some pictures of the movement which may pin the date down a little more. no matter the date i still love the little guy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results