shape
carat
color
clarity

ideas for SF proposal?

cdubb

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am planning to propose to my gf during a trip to SF next week. Normally I'm not a hugely romantic guy, but just want to make it special. Anyway, while whiteflash is making my ring, I need to come up with some ideas.

Note that my gf is quite private, and she told one of her friends she doesn't want me to do anything too public or too much of a spectacle. So i'm thinking of going somewhere where we can just enjoy a romantic view.

Anyway's some of the places that I've looked into proposing are

(1) Japanese Tea Garden - heard that it's quite scenic
(2) COIT Tower - good view, but heard it can be quite crowded, closes at 5pm
(3) Sutro Cliffs/Baths
(4) Palace of the Fine Arts
(5) Crissy Beach with view of GG bridge
(6) Top of the Mark - might be too public, have a dinner reservation there afterwards though

Was planning on renting bikes one day, so could also bike to some of the above locations or down into Sausilito.

Any suggestions appreciated.

wedge

Rough_Rock
Palace of Fine Arts is great, but bear in mind that the Exploratorium is right there. Could be lots of kids/families around.

peonies

Rough_Rock
I definitely think the japanese tea garden would be your best bet. Even if the tea garden was very crowded, you could easily find another part of the park within strolling distance that is more private. Golden Gate park is absolutely gorgeous, and there is plenty of space to spread out. It is an easy place to find a semi-private area, and it is all beautiful.

hungarianhc

Rough_Rock
If you guys are relatively active, I recommend doing it on the bike ride. I live in SF, and I think the bike ride over golden gate bridge with the ferry back is pretty much one of the best things you can do here. Once you cross the bridge, you can pull off to the side of a path somewhere so that you're not in the middle of a large group of people...

Also maybe consider golden gate park?

A

Anonymous

My FI proposed on a sunset cruise, at sunset as we neared the Golden Gate Bridge. He even was able to easily get the proposal on camera by innocently asking another couple to take our picture w/the GG in the background. It may not be her thing, but he knows I LOVE being on a sailboat and we have special memories of SF, so it was perfect for us. The ONLY drawback is that he admitted after the proposal that he was super nervous about dropping the ring, as it was up on the bow of the boat next to the water, eek!

Regardless of what you do choose, good luck! I LOVE SF...going there in a little over 2 weeks to stay at the Intercontinental for our anniversary. It's hands down my favorite hotel in the city. :bigsmile:

cdubb

Rough_Rock
tammy77 said:
My FI proposed on a sunset cruise, at sunset as we neared the Golden Gate Bridge. He even was able to easily get the proposal on camera by innocently asking another couple to take our picture w/the GG in the background. It may not be her thing, but he knows I LOVE being on a sailboat and we have special memories of SF, so it was perfect for us. The ONLY drawback is that he admitted after the proposal that he was super nervous about dropping the ring, as it was up on the bow of the boat next to the water, eek!

Regardless of what you do choose, good luck! I LOVE SF...going there in a little over 2 weeks to stay at the Intercontinental for our anniversary. It's hands down my favorite hotel in the city. :bigsmile:

thanks everyone for all the recommendations.

Through the City Pass vouchers, we will be going on one of the SF bay cruises so that might be an option. I have also reserved a bike rental for going across the GG bridge and will be going to the Golden Gate park/Japanese tea garden since there is city pass vouchers for the De Young Museum nearby

Almost like there are too many places to propose and am just looking for the perfect spot.

We will also be staying at the Intercontinental SF hotel on Howard St so hopefully it's nice : )

A

Anonymous

That's the Intercontinental that we stayed at, in one of the Executive King rooms (corner rooms are the BEST). It's a fantastic hotel! :naughty:

I'm not sure which bay cruise you get w/the vouchers, the one we got was the Adventure Cat (I'd link, but don't know if I can). I definitely wouldn't recommend proposing on the bigger ones, because they're not nearly as nice.

Let us know how it went, please! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results