clarity

I just wanted to share.. The Random Jewelry Photo Thread

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I just wanted to share.. The Random New Jewelry Photo Th

Clairitek, that was a great idea for a thread :appl: :appl: :appl:
First of all congrats on your PhD 8) :appl:
Second, i'd like to share with you guys the pics of two pieces that i love so much but i haven't posted ever. Now my phone camera is terrible, so the quality of the pictures is terrible too (my regular camera is in my brother's hands right now!).
When i get it back, i'll try to take better pics 8)
So first is an heirloom pendant, which was given to me by my mother in law on my engagement day. It belonged to her grandmother, then to her mother, then to her and now to me. It is very very sensitive, coz it's too old and it is made of...22ct yellow gold :???:
It has a small trillion diamond (i don't know the specs) and a cabochon emerald.

heirloom pendant and watch 003.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And this is my Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust watch, which was given to me by my dad as a gift many years ago. This is my most favourite and beloved piece...well, maybe after my wedding band :))

heirloom pendant and watch 005.jpg

betty6333

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for sharing! I like it all, the three stone e ring is just beautiful! :naughty:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Here's a picture of my ER with a laser cat toy being shot through it.

IMG_5733.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

athenaworth said:

Wow!!! Very impressive!!!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

All of these are amazing! I bet the cat laser toy made sparks go everywhere. =)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

SparkleNut said:
All of these are amazing! I bet the cat laser toy made sparks go everywhere. =)

It did! The cats went crazy (which is why I started doing it to begin with)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Random photo of my 1.55ct OEC, taken whilst photographing coloured gems..

DSC07142rs.JPG

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

arjunajane said:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Naty- Thanks for posting your other pieces! I would treasure that pendant for sure. Cabochon stones can be so pretty.

athenaworth said:

I LOVE doing this with my cat laser toy! It makes such a fun reflection. Really shows off the performance of the stone too, I think! How neat!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

arjunajane said:

In the true spirit of the thread! I love the glow of the stone. It looks... friendly. Weird way to describe it but hopefully you get what I mean.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

arjunajane said:

Beautiful shot, AJ!

I'm hoping to have a "random shot" from someone else to share after my e-pics session on Thursday! Which reminds me...my baby needs a cleaning!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

natyLad said:
And this is my Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust watch, which was given to me by my dad as a gift many years ago. This is my most favourite and beloved piece...well, maybe after my wedding band :))

Love your watch!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

The watches are lavish! Just gorgeous! :bigsmile:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

So yesterday while I was getting my watch fixed, I ended up buying another one 8)

I think I'm satisfied with my collection now... :Up_to_something: and I promised SO this was really the LAST one.

This one has 118 diamonds set in the face. I love that its all white and that the diamonds are IN the face instead of the bezel. It is 43 mm...my largest one out of the 3...so I'm still getting used to it but I looooove it.

And now for some pics (they're phone pics):

40182_147103921968053_100000053397086_466575_6218941_n.jpg

-1.jpg

ejfhkdjsf.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Autumnovember said:
So yesterday while I was getting my watch fixed, I ended up buying another one 8)

I think I'm satisfied with my collection now... :Up_to_something: and I promised SO this was really the LAST one.

This one has 118 diamonds set in the face. I love that its all white and that the diamonds are IN the face instead of the bezel. It is 43 mm...my largest one out of the 3...so I'm still getting used to it but I looooove it.

And now for some pics (they're phone pics):

I like the mirror shot to give some perspective! Who makes the watch? I am not at all familiar with watches.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

It's a Michele watch. I hope not to offend anyone that DOES have one---but I actually really do not like the brand. One of the biggest reasons why I went through with the purchase was because it's very difficult to tell what the brand of the watch is. Usually Michele watches have their logo in red inside of the face but I noticed that this one didn't and I went ahead and bought it. I don't mind that the Chanel's have their logo written on it because I don't think your eye goes to that first when looking at the watch but with Michele's...my eye always tends to go right to the bright red logo.

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

I finally got to post a pic! LOL! :bigsmile:

Doing some laundry! 8)

IMG_6658.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

I really like that watch Autumnovember, I love a bigger sized watch, it seems like I'm always drawed to the mens watches just because of the size.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Sparklenut I love the ring-----:love: :love: :love:

I didn't think I would ever go that big with a watch but now that its on my wrist I love how huge it is, haha! Thank you for the kind compliment :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

SparkleNut said:
I finally got to post a pic! LOL! :bigsmile:

Doing some laundry! 8)

Ahh love it! Rings in their natural habit, doing everyday things!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

My latest bounty.

More dissertation writing. Just taking a study break!

ctekAug3_3.JPG

ctekAug3_1.jpg

ctekAug3_2.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Nerd Alert!!

More work/school related stuff. I plopped my ring on the stage for the optical microscope (A Nikon or sorts) and was able to focus on the crown. If you rotate the grey image clockwise 135 degrees I *believe* that it is the point of two facets that are connected to my girdle and the triangular facet that connect to the table on the long edge. I posted a zommed in view as well with the facet edges outlined in black that I think are the ones in the microscope image.

On a side note, my diamond needs a MAJOR bath! There is a grime film all over it that is evident in the microscope image.

zoomedstonectek.jpg

ctekmicroscope.jpg

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Clairitek! That's really cool! LOL! :bigsmile:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
SparkleNut said:
WOW Clairitek! That's really cool! LOL! :bigsmile:

Thanks! I love using my boring work stuff for fun. I've been going stir crazy working 20 hour days so I find my ways to get some joy out of it.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Someone asked me a while back to post a picture of my ring against the red/burgundy of my hair...
It's tough!!!!

aaaaalmostlol.jpg

and another angle... you have no idea how many i took to get only 2 decent ones lol...

idonnolol.jpg

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
hey claritek,

i've been scrolling through this thread trying to find the stats on your ring and no luck! it's a gorgeous stone and ring.

what kind of cut is it? what are the stats?

i'd love to find out, pretty please.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
anitabee said:
hey claritek,

i've been scrolling through this thread trying to find the stats on your ring and no luck! it's a gorgeous stone and ring.

what kind of cut is it? what are the stats?

i'd love to find out, pretty please.

I started this thread to be a landing pad for all those random jewelry shots that I see to have laying around. I figured there were probably others who have a habit of taking random pics of their jewels.

I'm happy to share about my ring. I appreciate the interest!

Its an 8-main pavilion cushion cut. I think it officially falls into the cushion brilliant category according to GIA but there are many faceting patterns that fit into that category. Its a J color and a VS-something (can't recall of its 1 or 2, I cannot find an inclusion or flaw for the life of me). Its a 1.06 carats and a perfect square cushion. The setting is platinum and was custom/semi-custom. My DH drew out an idea that he liked and they bought a few pieces and made a whole new piece. Setting that style are often referred to as a tulip setting. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Amethyste said:
Someone asked me a while back to post a picture of my ring against the red/burgundy of my hair...
It's tough!!!!

aaaaalmostlol.jpg

and another angle... you have no idea how many i took to get only 2 decent ones lol...

idonnolol.jpg

Agreed that it would be hard to take a detailed, in focus shot, of your hand in your own hair! Good work though. Looks like you did it.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
A acquired a little white fold arto deco antique band several months ago. I am wearing it while I wait for my husband to decide it is time for me to get my BGD micropave band. It has 5 little single cuts. I had my set semi-polished on Saturday so its a little more shiny now.

Both of these photos were taken in my office on my desk. The change in backdrop really changes the colors of the metal and stone.

decobanddetail.jpg

weddingsetwithdecoband.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results