shape
carat
color
clarity

Shafted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeffro

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a diamond online at diamond.com and found a GREAT deal on the perfect diamond that I''ve been searching nearly a month for. I made the purchase last night and this afternoon I received a call from them telling me that the diamond had been mispriced and that it was no longer available since someone else had purchased it at the modified price.

Has this happened to anyone in the past? Is there anything I can do about this situation or do I just have to accept that I got the shaft on a great deal?

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Hey, while I don't know much about this happening, I thought I'd post so it would go back to the top of today's page so it might get some new responses.

I seem to recall a thread like this a few weeks ago about diamonds advertised that the online co. actually did not have in stock.

Maybe some others can chime in. It looks like you should just cut your losses and move on to find the perfect diamond for you...it looks like that just wasnt meant to be. You've probably learned a lot throught he process so just keep at it and I'm sure you will find it. There are some great sites for buying listed here on pricescope you might want to check out.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I also remember someone with a similar story. Two people were trying to buy the same rock, I think... or they both thought they had it on hold. Might have even been EP!! (Are you out there?)

Anyway, that's why when you think you've found something online... YOU HAVE TO CALL the company and make sure they have all your information. I don't know if the subject here just ordered online or sent an e-mail or whatnot, but when I placed down my money... I made sure I was talking to someone who had the rock in their hand.

It's a bummer. Don't think there's any course of action really. It depends on how much this has soured your experience. Perhaps he can use this unfortunate circumstance to allow the company to step up to the customer service plate to make things right.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I had a Jubilee on hold for several weeks awaiting it's arrival at GOG. TRex78 saw it on GOG's website (which didn't say it was on hold or sold) and called GOG to put it on hold. The person he talked to didn't know that Jon was holding it for me and put it on hold for him. The mistake was identified and he was made aware of it.

It's funny though...because of the mix up he ended up finding out about the new H&A square cushions and bought a great .95 E VS2. I also ended up with a different Jubilee.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
It happens, but that's the price we pay for cheap internet stones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results