shape
carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

My account is also has a trade badge with it. I couldn't log in this morning so I deleted my cookies per the listed instructions. Now it says I'm in trade, but if I go to edit my profile the option to say that I'm in trade isn't selected...

Not sure how to get rid of it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

I can't remember where to go to change my avatar... Please help! (I'm sorry, I get so turned around with this new format still...)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

risingsun said:
Periodically, I cannot login to PS when using Firefox. I get the pink screen of death and it won't accept my username or password. I'm currently on IE8. I often encounter "access denied" when clicking on certain pages, such as searching for posts and being unable to scroll through my image storage. I can't recall if I'm able to use search.

I am not unable to login via Firefox at all. I hesitate to clear my cookies, as I do my online banking and other business on this computer. As I understand it, all of my other sites will also loss their cookies and I will have to start from the beginning with everyone. Is this accurate? I am currently am on IE8. I cleared the cache, as recommended. I am still unable to scroll though my image storage and can only post the pics that are on the screen that open ups when I click on IMG. Please help me! I am coming on PS less and less because of these problems. I love PS and really want to be able to enjoy and utilize it.

Thank you.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

How can I add the tag "subscribe to this user." That is all for now :???:

ETA: My signature and tag line have disappeared!!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I"m having periodic trouble posting to the forum using firefox 3.6.8. The 'Reply' button just leads me to my own information screen rather than to the posting screen.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

risingsun said:
How can I add the tag "subscribe to this user." That is all for now :???:

ETA: My signature and tag line have disappeared!!

...and I can add a new one either.

diamond jim

Rough_Rock

Diamond Jim is my DH. He opened an account on PS because I can no longer login as a member or use any functions of this site. Please email me so that I may do what is necessary to repair my account as risingsun and recover 27 pages in my image storage, which have disappeared. I cannot use either IE8 or Firefox to login or access functions. I have followed all of your instructions, which resulted in losing all of my images. Please help me get back online. I am a long time poster and I don't want to have to start over. Please note that this is Jim's account, but it is the only way I have of accessing admin or this site.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

diamond jim said:
Diamond Jim is my DH. He opened an account on PS because I can no longer login as a member or use any functions of this site. Please email me so that I may do what is necessary to repair my account as risingsun and recover 27 pages in my image storage, which have disappeared. I cannot use either IE8 or Firefox to login or access functions. I have followed all of your instructions, which resulted in losing all of my images. Please help me get back online. I am a long time poster and I don't want to have to start over. Please note that this is Jim's account, but it is the only way I have of accessing admin or this site.

Hello risingsun,
I emailed you yesterday when I saw your request. If you have not received it yet there may be something wrong on your end as I have been receiving other emails for the past few days? Not sure what is going on.

You are welcome to email me at ella at pricescope dot com

diamond jim

Rough_Rock

Ella,
I have emailed you numerous times. Evidently, they have not gone through. Let's both check our spam filters, ok?

In this new account, I cannot post my avatar pic or a signature.

Spam filter checked. No emails received from you or Andrey.

~risingsun

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

diamond jim said:
Ella,
I have emailed you numerous times. Evidently, they have not gone through. Let's both check our spam filters, ok?

In this new account, I cannot post my avatar pic or a signature.

Spam filter checked. No emails received from you or Andrey.

~risingsun

Nothing from you either. Have you been using ella at pricescope or another address?

If you'd like we can help you troubleshoot from here.

diamond jim

Rough_Rock

I'm about to go to bed. I'll check on the email address tomorrow. If we can't exchange emails, then I guess we will have to troubleshoot online.

Thanks,
risingsun

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

diamond jim said:
I'm about to go to bed. I'll check on the email address tomorrow. If we can't exchange emails, then I guess we will have to troubleshoot online.

Thanks,
risingsun

I just tried again with your email. Please let me know whether you receive it or not. Other emails seem to be going through fine so it would be helpful to know if the problem is on your end or ours.

diamond jim

Rough_Rock

Ella said:
diamond jim said:

Thanks,
risingsun

I just tried again with your email. Please let me know whether you receive it or not. Other emails seem to be going through fine so it would be helpful to know if the problem is on your end or ours.

I did receive your email. I mailed you back. This is the first email I have received since this all started. I hope this is a good sign! I will try the new password.

~risingsun

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

The new password got me in, but as diamond jim, not risingsun. See you tomorrow!

ETA: I logged out and when I logged back in, I didn't ask for IE to remember me. This time I got in under risingsun. We are making progress! It's almost 2am. I'm off to bed for real...

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

As of now, I still can't have someone subscribe to me and I'm still unable to make a signature section. We shall see where we are as the day progresses...

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock

A little while back I noticed that I could remove the personal photos I have added to forums, but now that option was taken away. Why?

Once logged in, you could go to my account, overview, and then "MARK" photo attachments of your own that you wish to delete.

Now I can't do that anymore. For privacy issues and such, shouldn't one be able to delete one's own photos?

anitabee

Shiny_Rock

hi there, pricescope problem fixer guru!

as like many others, my avatar isn't showing up except for a box w/ the red check mark. i DID go through some old posts on this thread and discovered the problem is .JPG in caps versus how it should be: lower case. i tried changing the upper case JPG into lower and no can do.

can you please fix this for me?

thanks a bunch :sun:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

risingsun said:
As of now, I still can't have someone subscribe to me and I'm still unable to make a signature section. We shall see where we are as the day progresses...

We are looking into why this is occurring. Stay tuned.

We are happy to help add a signature in the meantime. Please email us/use the contact form to let us know what you would like.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Green with Envy said:
A little while back I noticed that I could remove the personal photos I have added to forums, but now that option was taken away. Why?

Once logged in, you could go to my account, overview, and then "MARK" photo attachments of your own that you wish to delete.

Now I can't do that anymore. For privacy issues and such, shouldn't one be able to delete one's own photos?

This is not something that was available on PS1 either. Pricescope is about diamond education and as such it would be a shame if photos were red x's when someone searched for something they were looking for. This is the same reason we do not allow linking to outside photo hosting websites. Pricescope would be a huge archive of red x's instead of the beautiful photos we have.

We ask that everyone be aware of their posts and photos when posting and only post things that they are ok having online.

If there is something that has become a concern for you we are happy to remove it for you within reason.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

anitabee said:
hi there, pricescope problem fixer guru!

as like many others, my avatar isn't showing up except for a box w/ the red check mark. i DID go through some old posts on this thread and discovered the problem is .JPG in caps versus how it should be: lower case. i tried changing the upper case JPG into lower and no can do.

can you please fix this for me?

thanks a bunch :sun:

You are all set.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Ella said:
Green with Envy said:

This is not something that was available on PS1 either. Pricescope is about diamond education and as such it would be a shame if photos were red x's when someone searched for something they were looking for. This is the same reason we do not allow linking to outside photo hosting websites. Pricescope would be a huge archive of red x's instead of the beautiful photos we have.

We ask that everyone be aware of their posts and photos when posting and only post things that they are ok having online. If there is something that has become a concern for you we are happy to remove it for you within reason.

Ella,
Thank you for adding my signature line :)) In my case, I have many duplicate photos in my img storage. Because we had to use a new file name each time we posted the same pic, we could end up with numerous copies of the same photo. It makes for a lot of scrolling through the img storage. That is my concern. If that would leave red x's now, I can see the problem with deleting.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

After logging out of PS on IE 8, I was unable to log back in. It brought me to my home page and I was unable to use my updated password. It did log me in as risingsun, but I had no access to any PS functions. Hoping for something, I successfully logged in using Firefox. I had access to the functions and even had my scroll bar back for my image storage. I won't know about the "subscribe to me" until I post this message.

ETA: Still no "subscribe to me" function.

I will send you an email, but, typically, when I can't use IE 8, I also am unable to reach you by email. I will give it a try.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

risingsun said:
After logging out of PS on IE 8, I was unable to log back in. It brought me to my home page and I was unable to use my updated password. It did log me in as risingsun, but I had no access to any PS functions. Hoping for something, I successfully logged in using Firefox. I had access to the functions and even had my scroll bar back for my image storage. I won't know about the "subscribe to me" until I post this message.

ETA: Still no "subscribe to me" function.

I will send you an email, but, typically, when I can't use IE 8, I also am unable to reach you by email. I will give it a try.

Hi Marian,

I just sent you an email.

For the subscribe concern, just a thought but you know you will not see the option to subscribe to yourself, correct? This does not mean it isn't working, you just will not see your own "button".

Everything on this end looks fine. I can see the option to subscribe to you and I can also see it when logged in as a regular user instead of a moderator. Perhaps someone else can confirm that they also see the option to subscribe to you?

diamond jim

Rough_Rock

Ella,
I am logged in as diamond jim on IE 8. I can see the subscription on my risingsun avatar, as you said that I might. It looks as if that issue is solved.
At present, I am doing alright as long as I can stay logged in on Firefox. Thanks for your ongoing help :wavey:

~risingsun

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock

Still can't see anyone's entire post. I just got my new computer with updated windows and was very excited that this would fix my inability to see pictures and read an entire post, but sigh.... no avail. What the heck am I supposed to do, leave price scope?! I am on Office 2007 and it has the updated IE. Please contact me personally Mods, as any info posted here I can't read more then 2 sentences. ;(

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

TBJumper, try using Firefox. IE is an unstable browser and that is why we are having so much trouble making the forum work properly with it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

How do you do a poll?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Another vote to please allow us to go to the user's threads easily like in old PS. I used that feature a lot.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

For the past few days I automatically logout after I've been on PS for a few minutes, and have to log back in. Then I get logged out again and keep having to repeat the process. I'm on a mac / Safari. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated! This has never happened before, only for the past two days. Thanks!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock

I changed my signature within the last 24 hours and for some reason it set me to a tradesperson. I removed that setting, but that was odd.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results