shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity question on existing ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MyBestFriend

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I''m new here but have looked at this forum often for information. I have a question... I have a round brilliant diamond engagement ring - I absolutely love it, however, there is a spot in it that''s visible to my eye (only because I know it''s there and stare very closely at the ring). When it''s sparklin'' clean, you can''t even tell it''s there so it doesn''t really bother me too too much. My question is though, do these spots ever get WORSE over time? I had heard that feathers can cause a stone to crack, so I wondered if spots (it''s a dark spot) can worsen, or spread or anything like that over time?

Also, if I DID decide to change the stone because of this - keeping everything exactly the same, just upgrade to a slightly better clarity (it''s SI2 now)....what type of price range difference are we talking? Any ballpark amounts?
Thanks ... I appreciate any assistance you can give.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A black spot almost never gets worse. I can't remember this happening to any I have seen.

Use the Pricescope search to get a realisitc price on what you want versus what you now have. Then figure the one you have is not worth as much to a dealer as to a retail consumer...deduct a percentage and you'll begin to understand the scenario. How much to deduct??? 25%, 50%...This is an open ended situation. You need to find a BUYER.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Are you planning on trading in the diamond you have? What is the jeweler's policy on this? It also depends on the size of the diamond and how much better you want the clarity to be.

digitring

Rough_Rock
Roughly it will be around 15% cost increase for each clarity grade up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results