shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you already chosen a wedding date?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Can I play?? We are thinking July 2011, we have already decided on the location....We are currently Bi-Coastal right now (Im in Southern California, and he is in Boston) but we have decided to have the wedding back east...On Martha's Vineyard. I have already started to scout out venues to check availibility...I am expecting a proposal in the next 2 months, so that I can "officially" start planning!!!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
TruLuv858 said:
Can I play?? We are thinking July 2011, we have already decided on the location....We are currently Bi-Coastal right now (Im in Southern California, and he is in Boston) but we have decided to have the wedding back east...On Martha's Vineyard. I have already started to scout out venues to check availibility...I am expecting a proposal in the next 2 months, so that I can "officially" start planning!!!

Ah TruLuv, you are in a similar situation as me. Isn't it annoying to have to wait before you can book stuff? I may even go ahead and book our venue once I am certain of it, whether I am engaged or not :Up_to_something:.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
calibali said:
TruLuv858 said:

Ah TruLuv, you are in a similar situation as me. Isn't it annoying to have to wait before you can book stuff? I may even go ahead and book our venue once I am certain of it, whether I am engaged or not :Up_to_something:.

Haha- I know, we are just terrible aren't we?!! When are you expecting your engagement to occur? My FF knows I am all over it, and based on the large informational packets regarding just the DIAMOND I was interested in, he knows I am all over the wedding plans! :naughty:

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
TruLuv858 said:
calibali said:
TruLuv858 said:

Haha- I know, we are just terrible aren't we?!! When are you expecting your engagement to occur? My FF knows I am all over it, and based on the large informational packets regarding just the DIAMOND I was interested in, he knows I am all over the wedding plans! :naughty:

The timeline for my impending engagement is rather convoluted since we are moving right after my bf receives my ring (it's being made right now). So I'm guessing it will be by the end of September? I've actually been doing a lot of research for our elopement and my bf is up to date on it all - locations, dresses, hotels, etc. He doesn't mind talking about it since he's been wanting to get married for years. I finally realized I was ready and now I am REALLY ready.

So I saw your other thread about your bf going to ERD. What does the ring you want look like? I love hearing about rings... And Martha's Vineyard sounds like the perfect destination for a July wedding, I bet you're having so much fun scouting out venues!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
CaliBali...I am sooo excited about my new project, even though it has recently been reliquinshed from me- but that's another thread. I am looking for a Chunkey Facted Antique Cushion, flanked by two tapered baguettes on either Platinum or White Gold...I am giving my FF creative license, but its very "limited"...Lol...I came across a 2.76 J VS2 that I REALLY want, and I hope that he locks it in...I will keep checking Mark's website, and if "dissappears" in a few days, I will know that he purchased it (No need to point it out, I know this is bad, and I am guilty :rolleyes: )
We will be moving to NJ in the next 5 months, so we are both staying put in our respective states until then (with me visiting every two weeks)...His job is in NJ, and he is currently traveling from Boston to NJ everyweek...Ugh...I would prefer to live in So Cal, but his type of job doesn't grow on trees, so we are going to finish up his corporate contract, and move back to SD in 4-5 years. I can live with that...Guess, I will become a NJ housewife :)
What's your ring look like??? You have peaked my curiousity!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I get what you're saying about wanting to be in CA, it's definitely better than the east coast IMO. I love California :).

Your ring sounds like it's going to be stunning! My first choice for a diamond was a chunky facet cushion in a similar size range, so I can't wait to see how it turns out. Unfortunately, my bf wasn't a big fan of cushions and he actually changed my mind after visiting Cartier. I ended up with a purty 2.66ct RB, which is currently being set by Leon in his classic solitaire. However, my favorite part of my ring is the pink diamond and peridot I added inside the band for our birthstones. I get to see it when it arrives and I am sooo anxious!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
CaliBali- your ring sounds spectacular!! I originally wanted my stone to be set by Leon- his work is STUNNING- but if FF goes with Mark, he will likely just have Mark set it...I know him- if my ring contained Pave work, then I would expect that he go with Leon, but I think for the style, Mark will create a very beautiful piece. My FF travels every week from Boston to NJ, I don't think he wants to deal with yet another trip to NYC to see Leon...My FF is not as obsessed with ring shopping as I am- I know...wierd, right??

When do you expect your ring?? Who did you source your diamond from??

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
CaliBali- I just realized on another thread that you mention you purchased it from ERD...what a dingdong....would you mind providing me a little detail on the experience in his office?? I know this is a wierd question, but since I will not be joining FF for the meeting tomorrow, I was just curious what Mark does at the meeting, how many diamonds does he show you? did he should you settings? How much time did he spend with you? Also, I have read that he was a really nice guy, who provided a "soft-sell" no pressure approach- was this your experience also?? Thank you so much, I feel so left out of tomorrow's appointment...AND I have been explicitly told by FF that I am not allowed to ask any questions... :confused:

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
My ring will be ready in about 2 weeks, but I only get to see it for 2 minutes to make sure it fits and that Leon didn't mess with my shank width too much. After that, the ring goes into hiding until after we move...

So I had a kinda weird ERD experience. First of all, I'm out west so we didn't go to his office. Anyways, I initially asked him to source cushions for me but then I thought I wanted an AVC, so I dropped my search with him. Then I switched to RBs and went through all the usual H&A vendors but they didn't have any in the size I wanted. However, an ideal cut RB randomly popped up on Mark's website one day and it was exactly what I was looking for. So my bf called him up and Mark sent over pictures and an idealscope. We bought it the next day and I couldn't be happier.

While I didn't speak to him about the RB, my bf talked to him several times. Mark was VERY knowledgeable and my bf felt comfortable buying sight unseen (and there was definitely no pressure). However, it's a little different for a RB since I knew the angles of my diamond were ideal and that it would be a great performer.

I think it's smart that your bf is checking out the cushions in person since you can't tell anything about them by numbers or just pictures. Mark has sourced many beautiful cushions for other PS members and I know he will help your bf make the best choice for you. It seems like your bf knows what you want, so stop worrying and enjoy the excitement. It's going to be beautiful :).

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Before we got engaged, I always wanted to get married on our anniversary... I loved the date and the time of year (End of Sept, Fall, off season/post labor day).

Once we got engaged, we both agreed that it would be best to use that date, so there it is!

I willed it into existence! :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results