shape
carat
color
clarity

Inherited Diamond ring. Antique and very sparkly

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

It has been a while since I posted. I really haven't had anything to post. But, my parents just got home from their trip to Portugal. A year and a half ago, My grandmother, my dad's mom, died. She and I were close. My parents went back to deal with some issue this summer. It has been a long road dealing with her estate and relatives over in Portugal. My parents had a great time and even had a side trip to Morocco with my moms best friend.
When they got home, My mom brought out some of my grandmothers jeweler. Most of it has mysteriously disappeared, her sapphire set of earrings, necklace and ring never turned up. Don't ask, major family issue over there. My parents are happy that they no longer have to deal with the drama.
Anyways, I did get to choose what my mom brought back. Finally a little something to remember my grandmother.
It is a 19 K yellow gold ring with 43 round diamonds. I do not know how old it is or what the carat weight is on the ring but the diamonds really sparkle white and under my scope I was able to see very, very few inclusions. The center diamond is bigger than the others and its arranged in a marquie shape.

Its beautiful. Hope you enjoy the pictures. I can't seem to get the fire that this little ring gives off.But enjoy. I know I will.

Summer 2010 020.JPG

Summer 2010 021.JPG

Summer 2010 022.JPG

Summer 2010 037.JPG

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Here is a hand shot. It has nice finger coverage but not too much,

Summer 2010 023.JPG

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about your Grandmother :(( You picked a very pretty ring, everytime you wear it you will think of your Grandma.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother and the stress your parents have had to experience in order to settle the estate.

You picked a beautiful piece to remember your grandmother! It looks wonderful on your hand. Wear it well and proud.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad your parents were able to salvage some of your beloved grandmother's pieces, what a truly awful situation to have to deal with.

Her ring is lovely, wear it in good health and memory :))

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful memory of your grandmother!
(Yssie, why am I always right behind you???)

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it's so lovely! ::)

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry about your grandmother, but you have a really lovely heirloom to remember her by.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully whenever you look at the ring you will think of her fondly. It's lovely :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Interesting design. Too bad your family had to deal with so much drama.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Another family treasure. It is a beautiful piece. :appl:
I can't think of a nicer way to remember a love one than to wear a piece of their jewellery. Wear it in great health. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results