shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink warning message

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't on Pricescope yesterday because it was a very busy day. When I got onto the site this morning, what I saw was a large pink box with a message in it saying that someone stole my cookie and has attempted to log in impersonating me. ??? Ha??? Has anyone ever seen this message before? I thought it was funny that someone might want to impersonate me, since I'm not one of the more popular people here.

Maybe this is some type of standard error message?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I got that message. I accidentally logged off for the first time since PS2 started, and could not log back on. The message said repeatedly that information on resetting my password had been sent to me, but it had not. I tried to create a new account to let the mods know of the problem, but was not successful. Finally, I located a link in the section for posting problems with the new PS. Andrey fixed the problem immediately and emailed me that it was taken care of.
Ella also followed up to be sure all was handled. So, just find that link and email them to get the problem handled promptly1

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Gemgirl,

If you see the message again and there is a way you could capture and save it I would appreciate it. We are looking into the problem. It seems like a system glitch.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I got that message a couple days ago.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got that same message a while back. It only happened once, and I just logged in as usual and haven't seen it since. I figured it was just a hiccup in the new PS, so I didn't mention it at the time.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too got it once.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, me too, this morning, I didn't think anything of it though.. ;(

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
just got the message about 3-5 minutes ago.......however, i didn't have to log in to reply to this thread.

mz

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella said:
Hi Gemgirl,

If you see the message again and there is a way you could capture and save it I would appreciate it. We are looking into the problem. It seems like a system glitch.

OK Ella, will do. I'm kinda' glad to hear it was happening to other PSers too.

After having someone steal my credit card info (and using it), and someone temporarily taking over control of my email (and sending out all kinds of nonsense stuff), that pink box message gave me a creepy feeling.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
SECURITY ALERT!

You previously logged in to this site and checked the Remember me box. At that time, this site stored a "login cookie" on your web browser that it uses to identify you each time you return. However, the login cookie that your browser just provided is incorrect. One possible cause of this error is that your web browser cookies have been stolen and used by someone else to impersonate you at this site.

As a precaution, we logged out all of your current sessions and deactivated all your remembered logins to this site. You can log in again now.
This is the message I just got when I came back to the site just now...
If some one does impersonate me hopefully they will only say nice things :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This has been happening to me too, but i'm still logged in... Weird.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results