shape
carat
color
clarity

FootBall anyone?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
So i know that football preseason starts around August 14 :love: :appl: , and the official season started around Sept 12. So my question to you ladies is, do you like football, and if so, do you ahve a team. Is your team different from your SO?

I myself, am a HUGE football fan. I wasnt much until i was with my SO, but going to watch the games, and watching past season while he is at work, had turned me into a FOOTBALL Fanatic. LoL..... I usually print the game schedule as soon as it becomes avaibale. :D

SO and I are Miami Dolphin FANS. ( GO FINS). Now i know a lot of people say, your just a Dol Fan because of you SO, which is not the case. I choose the Dolphins, because the team, is really a team. A lot of Teams, are all about the "star" player, but with the Dolphins, everyone helps and it isnt about one person. Its a team effort, the coach doesnt baby them, or one player either. Through watching lots of football on my own, i firgured the best team out there, for me was the Fins. Im so bad, i actually know the fight song, and im humming it right now. Also, we so have the best colors :lol: .

Im so pumped for football season, i can hardly stand it.

So come on ladies, whos your team, and why? Also, do you think your SO could possibly ask during a game?

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Jessie :wavey:. I have been addicted to football since I was 10 years old, even though no one in my family has a particular interest in it. My bf played a different sport in college (hockey) so he was never really into football, but over the years I have converted him to my side. I'm so obsessed with it that for Christmas 2 years ago, he got me season tickets and it was the best gift I've ever gotten.

My season tickets were for the Arizona Cardinals (when they were really good) and we had the most amazing time at all the games. And thankfully most people here are transplants and not really into the Cards so we had great seats. But they're not my favorite team. I'm another AFC east fan in that the NE Patriots are my team and have been for about 10 years now. Oh, and my bf loves to root against them to rile me up since I take it all too seriously. He doesn't really have a tream, but I would say he now supports the Cards after going to all the games and I will of course support them too (even though Leinart sucks).

I don't have season tickets this year since we're moving to CO in a few weeks. I am definitely going to miss going to games. Denver is too cold to sit outside, so I guess I'll just have more time to devote to my Patriots :). Are you into college football too or just pro?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O wow. That is sooo cool. I wish i could go to a game, but we dont ahve a team here, so thats not gonna happen. I only like Pro, our college team sucks. LoL......UNLV Rebels.....damn team

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm a HUGE 49ers fan. I even traveled to Green Bay (from NV) last year to watch them play :)

The bf is a Raiders fan. Ugh. And as luck has it, there is a regular season niners/raiders game this year, in SF. Hopefully we dont kill each other.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I had football shoved down my throat in high school so I took some time off from it, but it's growing on me again (but I still like hockey better ;)) ) SO is a HUGE fan of his college team (where I currently work also) even though they are AWFUL! We watch all the games anyways though haha, it's pathetic... We don't watch a lot of pro football though.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
amc80 said:
I'm a HUGE 49ers fan. I even traveled to Green Bay (from NV) last year to watch them play :)

The bf is a Raiders fan. Ugh. And as luck has it, there is a regular season niners/raiders game this year, in SF. Hopefully we dont kill each other.

thats funny. Miami plays the raiders this year, and my sisters ex, whom i still close to, is a raider fan. During football season we text each other about the games. LoL...it will be funny what happens this year for us. Hmmm, and the game is in oakland. I might have to make that trip. LoL.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
amc80 does he get all crazy with the paint and nonsense? raider fans can get a bit nuts! also is he glad they FINALLY dumped jamarcus?

I am a HUGE TEXAS FOOTBALL fan being from Austin (and I went to an Ivy league school so football = joke) For pro football...I don't have a particular favorite team but there are teams that I like better than others!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
slg47 said:
amc80 does he get all crazy with the paint and nonsense? raider fans can get a bit nuts! also is he glad they FINALLY dumped jamarcus?

I don't know, it will be interesting for sure. I'm sure he will just to annoy me. Raiders fans are so ghetto. Thank God the game is in SF. I don't like fearing for my life while trying to enjoy football.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
SERIOUSLY.....rR FANS ARE CRAZY. THEY WILL STAB YOU IF YOU ARENT A RAIDER FAN DURING THE GAME AND WHAT

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80 said:
slg47 said:

I don't know, it will be interesting for sure. I'm sure he will just to annoy me. Raiders fans are so ghetto. Thank God the game is in SF. I don't like fearing for my life while trying to enjoy football.

:Up_to_something:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Ha, sorry...let me rephrase that: While some raiders fans are lovely people, the more outspoken ones are ghetto. Better? :)

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
amc80 said:

I like 49ers fans! When the 49ers played the Cards last season, they were courteous and friendly. How was going to Lambeau? I couldn't stand Packer fans when they came here, so I could only imagine how awful they would be on their home turf. And um, that's cool your bf is a Raiders fan, they're an interesting group. At least you don't have to worry about his team, you know, actually winning. Good ol Al Davis.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Lets Go Cowboys!!!

Boyfriend is a big Bears fan and Illinois football fan. I root for the Cowboys and the Longhorns (hi slg44! I too didn't have a football team at school and am from Texas!).

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a LIW but a HUGE football fan! Counting down the days until the season begines. We're Eagles fans here so this could be an interesting season. Our first son is due in less than two weeks and I can't wait to share our passion for football with him. MIL still doesn't understand my love for football and has the nerve to try to talk to me during the game! :nono: I guess with a baby around soon, I'll have to stop cussing like a trucker during games! :bigsmile:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
calibali said:
I like 49ers fans! When the 49ers played the Cards last season, they were courteous and friendly. How was going to Lambeau? I couldn't stand Packer fans when they came here, so I could only imagine how awful they would be on their home turf.

Aww, thanks :)

Lambeau was AWESOME. Actually, the whole town was amazing. It was just such a different feeling, almost like you're at a (really big) high school game. Everytime GB scored they played some sort of polka. Nothing like living up to those stereotypes. The stadium holds a ton of people, but they are benches, not individual seats, so it felt really small. The fans were awesome, and we got invited to what turned out to be the world's longest tailgate. Seriously. They started at about 9am, took a break for the game, then started up again after the game, going till 10pm or so. Talk about serious football fans!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
haha I just started getting into football as of the past 2 years. I am from Pennsylvania so I was torn between the Steelers and Eagles. Eagles are my boyfriends team, so I have been rooting for them. I even got my own Eagles jersey :)) ha.. and same goes for baseball. Phillies all the way!!

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I love College football, actually I can't get enough. I marched with my University for four years (marching band, yay!) I love games : )

We're Bucs, well erm I am, SO sort of just goes along with it. He's way more into the Rays, yuck baseball.

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I'm a Redskins fan because I live In the DC metro area and my dad was a fan. I also just love my Redskins! My SO is also a die hard Redskins fan yay! I'm excited about this up coming season because we finally got a real General Manager and New Coach and a New QB yay! I hope it turns things around for our team in the future.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
amc80 said:
Ha, sorry...let me rephrase that: While some raiders fans are lovely people, the more outspoken ones are ghetto. Better? :)

I'm sure there are crazy fans for every team...but the whole Raider Nation thing can get kinda scary at times.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry said:
Lets Go Cowboys!!!

Boyfriend is a big Bears fan and Illinois football fan. I root for the Cowboys and the Longhorns (hi slg44! I too didn't have a football team at school and am from Texas!).

oh cool! hi! :D

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wooooo! Football season is coming up!! I am a huge Colts fan (Peyton is my super secret boyfriend). Of course, DH and I also want the Lions to do well, (as life long Michiganians) but as realists, we know they will still suck. Hopefully they will suck less this year. :rodent:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! I love football! I have always watched it, but never really understood any of it until BF (a former player himself ;-) ) took the time to explain all of it to me. Now I really enjoy watching it and I understand everything! hahaha But I'm a HUGE Colts fan! I love Peyton Manning too!

I also really love college football and basketball. Since this is my senior year, my friends and I decided to buy student season tickets for both football and basketball. I am so excited about it! The only bad thing is that BF didn't get to get them since he doesn't go to school there. But, that's okay because I will still have tons of fun with my girls there! I can't wait for football season to start!!

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Hoosier here... GO COLTS!!!

-high fives MayFlowers-

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
OK I'll admit it my team is the BROWNS. It seems like they will be "rebuilding" (as we call it) forever, but I'm optimistic since Mike Holmgren is in charge now. I also graduated college this year with Josh Cribbs, so as a huge BROWNS fan that was cool. If only we were sitting next to me ha! I'm also a Buckeye fan, so at least one of my teams is good.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, I may have to leave this thread. All you Colts fans are killing me. Throw in the Buckeyes and I'm in football fan hell.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
calibali said:
Oh man, I may have to leave this thread. All you Colts fans are killing me. Throw in the Buckeyes and I'm in football fan hell.

There are two of us Colts fans....

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins1 said:
There are two of us Colts fans...

I count 3 so far - Fuzzers, Mayflowers and you.

Edited to be friendly. I will behave in this thread since I realize everyone isn't nearly as crazed as myself :devil:.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
calibali said:
Tuckins1 said:
There are two of us Colts fans...

I count 3 so far - Fuzzers, Mayflowers and you.

Edited to be friendly. I will behave in this thread since I realize everyone isn't nearly as crazed as myself :devil:.

I stand corrected. 3.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love football and cant wait till the season starts! My team usually changes from year to year. I have to watch pre-season
and see who I like...wonder who it will be this year??? I'll have to let you know when I decide!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I love pro football and even though there is a good college team nearby, I am not a college football person. I am a Broncos girl to the core and DH could not care less about it. My family are big fans except for my brother, so it was not totally surprising. My dad was the star quarterback of his college football team and they won state; he is in the Montana sports hall of fame, so it is a huge deal to him. He is also fun to watch with because he can always tell what a foul will be on who as soon as the flag is thrown and can explain any rule or play.
Denver is a sports crazy city as well. For anyone who watches South Park and sees jokes about John Elway or the Broncos, they are not exagerated, it really is that way. I don't know if it still stands, but at least for a while Broncos fans held the Guinness record for loudest sports fans, beating out a group of Irish soccer fans.

I am catiously opptimist about the upcoming season. The new coach did pretty well last year all things considered. Keshon is truely an amazing running back and I think he will hit his stride this year and be as good as he was in college. We have also Tebow this year. I have mixed feelings, on the one hand, we have not had a good quarterback in 12 years and he is really good. On the other I cannot stand him as a human being and we have had great quarterbacks in the past that fizzled entirely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results