shape
carat
color
clarity

ONE MORE QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

piepiezzz

Rough_Rock
You have all been a great help in my search.

I have done a ton of research online but am limited in my actual real life comparisons.

My question is how much difference is there between a G and H color ideal cut diamond?? Is it clearly visible to a normal everyday viewer of my future fiance''s ring???

Also, will the light and brilliance of a ideal cut, G-H hide inclusions from a SI1 or SI2 to the average viewer???

I am looking for a round brilliant, 1.28-1.4 range, G-H, ideal cut (62, 56-57), VS2-SI1 or eye clean SI2. EX to VG Polish/Symm.

My g-friend is by no means a diamond expert but I want her to have a quality ring because she deserves it for putting up with me for all of this time. Budget-6,500-7,500

ANY IDEAS???

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/12/2004 9:13:55 AM piepiezzz wrote:

My question is how much difference is there between a G and H color ideal cut diamond?? Is it clearly visible to a normal everyday viewer of my future fiance's ring???

If you/they have average vision there would be no visible difference in normal everyday wear

Also, will the light and brilliance of a ideal cut, G-H hide inclusions from a SI1 or SI2 to the average viewer???

Quite possible to find an eye-clean SI stone on a case by case basis. You need to inspect or give very explicit instructions as to your expectations of eye clean

I am looking for a round brilliant, 1.28-1.4 range, G-H, ideal cut (62, 56-57), VS2-SI1 or eye clean SI2. EX to VG Polish/Symm.

My g-friend is by no means a diamond expert but I want her to have a quality ring because she deserves it for putting up with me for all of this time. Budget-6,500-7,500

Should be doable, but inventory in this popular range is thin at your specs. If you find something put it on hold.

----------------

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
piepiezzz,

Differences in color are a very subtle thing. Color perception has a great deal to do with lighting, environment, even diet. This makes it almost impossible to give a straight answer to questions about how 'average' viewers might see things. That said, I'll try to be helpful. Most people can't see the difference between a G an H under optimum circumstances, much less in the typical viewing conditions. The same is true for separating H from I, or I from J etc. It's like watching the sand in an hourglass. Each individual grain seems like an unimportant thing but, in the end, it turns out that this is the whole issue.

I like H's. I even like I's and J's. Your budget will force some compromise but I would give in on color before I compromised on either cut or size. Keep the clarity at SI1 or better.

Neil Beaty GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results