shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to buy the diamond. Why shouldn''t I?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nuhobby

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at information on the internet for a few months. I am getting engaged to her within a year, and we have just started to look at diamonds. The first one we looked at was really great, I liked it so much I think that I want to buy it. I think the price is very good, and the stone is amazing. I am only worried because the crown depth and culet are not perfect, but I have been told (by the manufacturer) that internet buyers often rely too much on numbers.

A. The crown depth is 12.5%. What am I losing out on, if anything, by low crown depth? BTW, pavilion depth is 43.0% and angles are all smack in the middle of the specs according to the cert.

B. The culet is 1.0%. I am worried about a "hole in the bottom." Also, does the culet and the girdle wear and tear as the stone goes through the decades?

Thank you

Josh Langer

reena

Ideal_Rock
Can we have the other specs too?
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yes, give us all the specs. The numbers work together--knowing just one of them doesn't tell us much.

Others may disagree, but I don't think the culet matters much unless it's large.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results