shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone used FLOR for an area rug?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
We are thinking of using it for our nursery, but wanted to get some opinions first.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I don't have it myself, but a very good friend of mine has the tiles in her condo and LOVES them. She'd heard good things about it from her interior designer friends and decided to try it in her foyer. She loved the tiles so much that she now has them in her living room and her nursery. They look great and she said they wear amazingly well.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
I have not used Flor (yet), but have some samples on the way. I would also love to hear what people think of them.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I haven't used them but I have had a sample in my possession before. They appear well made and I like the idea that if one of them gets dirty, you can replace just one tile. I think that makes it prefect for a kids room.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I also have some samples coming my way. I'm really interested to see the quality of them. Our nursery is odd shaped 9x13' so, a 5x8 rug is too small and a 8x10' won't fit either because we have a column on the window side that takes up a foot of space. We need something that's 7x11' and they just don't make rugs that size.

I'm also a little overwhelmed by all the choices and options. I'd like to do something creative, but think that playing it safe might better.

Alistra and Heraanderson, which samples did you order?

Thanks for the replies!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
We had it in our play room. I didn't like it because I mixed and matched different groups and some were soft and some were not. Also the pile was not all the same height. It is a nice product, but I would recommend ordering samples. Some of them are really scratchy.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Blushing_B I ordered six samples. Ala Mode and several colors of Easy as Pie and Toe the Line. Which did you get?

We are hoping that these will look nice in our living room. I really like the idea of being able to clean individual tiles (we have pets) and that they are low VOC and can be recycled.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
The samples are supposed to arrive today :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I just went over to my friend's house who has them last week. She started with them in her foyer and kitchen (just a plain beige, after ordering a bunch of samples she decided she didn't want to mix and match). She now has them in her living room, hallway and nursery. And she's ordering more for her dining area. The only tiles that aren't beige are the tiles in the hallway and those are a pattern (again, all same pattern).

I asked her about them again she raved about them. With a dog and a baby, she gets stuff on her floors all the time. They are really easy to clean--if the mess is a little bigger (e.g. dog vomit, which happens fairly often), she just lifts it up and rinses it in the sink. As a fellow dog owner who spent 45 minutes steam cleaning an accident on her brand-new rug this weekend, I can appreciate that kind of easy cleanup.

The only thing she regrets is not ordering the heavy traffic tiles for the entire house. She ordered the heavy traffic tiles for the foyer and kitchen about 2 years ago and they still look brand new. She then ordered the medium traffic tiles for her living room several months later and they've worn down a little. The older heavy-traffic tiles actually look newer than the medium-traffic tiles. When she ordered them for the nursery a few months ago, she got the heavy traffic tiles even though the nursery won't be a heavy traffic area. Otherwise, she loves them!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the review NewEnglandLady! It is very helpful, especially the part about the medium vs. high-traffic tiles! :)

We got our samples yesterday, and I am really impressed with the look and feel! Sadly the two styles we like best are both medium-traffic. I think we may need more samples, but I really like what I have seen so far. I am almost 100% that we will install it in our living room, and if that goes well the rest of our condo.

Thanks again and sorry for the thread-jack!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
OK - my samples arrived too. The one I liked the most was the Sweat Dreams, but wanted it in a cream color and the vanilla shade which would be the best match for us didn't go in our room. It was more grey than cream. The other samples were too rough for my liking.

Also, my husband remembered that he saw FLOR tiles used in our apt. building's "kid lounge" so we went to take a look. The carpet was fun and colorful, but the tiles were seperating and there were gaps in between some of them. Not sure if that's from the wear and tear or it wasn't put together correctly.

Anyway, we decided to go with two smaller sized carpets from Restoration Hardware Baby which will fit nicely in our nursery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results