shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW after you're engaged?

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Monnie was asking about this in another thread, and I was curious myself. Is it weird to stay around LIW after we're engaged? Are you going to still hang out here and post much? Are you going to 'graduate' to BWW, and is BWW going to be a lot different? What do you all think?

Personally, I'm not sure how much I'll post on BWW. We don't want a wedding, maybe just a simple reception a few weeks after we get married as a celebration with our friends and family... So I don't think I'll have much to say as far as wedding planning goes, and I'm not all that sure what BWW is like if it's not just wedding planning. We think we're going to go on a trip, get married, and either honeymoon there or head to the honeymoon location shortly after.

I'll certainly still lurk on LIW and reply on threads sometimes, especially for a little while since I've been following some ladies' stories on here for so long. Gonna have to see the stories and the rings as everyone else drops off the list! :bigsmile:

Edited to add: I looked at BWW a little bit just now, and :-o yeah, I'm not going to have much to say over there at all. Wedding planning is just *not* my thing. Gonna be lurking on here and posting a lot of "I love this!" replies on SMTB from here on, I suppose. Hehe.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Well considering we want to get married next summer.. and SO hasn't proposed yet, I might need the lovely ladies at BWW to keep me from losing all sanity.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Nah it's not weird.

Most of the post in BWW are wedding planning related so if you get engaged and don't go right into full wedding planning mode you may not have much to post. LIW has lots of engagment related posts but also alot of just social stuff too and also while you're a LIW you get to know the other ladies here pretty well so it makes sence to me to want to hang around. Also having survived LIW-itis you have first hand experience and advice to contribute ;))

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
4ever said:
Also having survived LIW-itis you have first hand experience and advice to contribute ;))

Ah! That hadn't even come across my mind! Maybe I can try to calm other LIWs down and give them wonderful advice with my infinite wisdom. :naughty:

Plus, I should recycle all this dust everyone gave me while I was waiting! ;))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not strange :bigsmile:

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I'll definitely still post here. I feel like I have bonded with all of you girls and want to hear about everyone's engagements and see the bling to share in your joy!

I don't think it would be weird at all for you to still post on here crossmyfingers. Like 4ever said, we'll need your advice and wisdom on how to stay calm!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Crossmyfingers - kind of off subject, but Bf and I have a very similar wedding plan to you. Where do you think you're going to get married?

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It's not really that strange. People get to know each other on here and those who become engaged will probably want to see how the LIW they got to know are all doing.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
I still hang around. My wedding planner is doing everything so I don't have much advice to seek on bww really.

Besides, there's more drama here :Up_to_something:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I still post over here from time to time, and I definitely lurk...I always check to see how the ladies on the list are doing!

Nothing really changed for me, though, as I lurked and posted in BWW long before I was a bride-to-be! But that's because I *love* weddings and wedding planning...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I've been engaged for 2 years and have a baby and I still post in LIW ::)

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
I still post in LIW and I plan on sticking around for awhile!

I'm super comfrotable here, and I've become really attached to a lot of the ladies!! Every Monday morning when I log on, the first thing I do is go and check if anybody has gotten engaged over the weekend :) I'm a hopeless romantic!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'm still gonna hang around...I can't picture not posting here. I feel like I've followed the stories of a lot of ladies here and I cant stop following now :D

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is still my first stop because I think I will always want to feel the excitement of waiting to be engaged. My Fi and I haven't even planned a THING about the wedding because we have 100000 other more important things going on right now (aka moving in together, her getting a new job, potential cross-country move, etc etc). I think the only thing that has changed is that we are more committed to one another and she has a ring, so I still kinda feel like a LIW. Especially since I'm the one that proposed.

So, long blah blah blah short, I love this place still! I love seeing the stories, the excitement, the anticipation!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Personally, i think i will still post her after getting engaged. Like someone before said, its more social, even though, i guess we can move into Newlyweds, and it still be social.

Cross- yes, please share the recycled dust...its good for lots of people. Espically after someone else just gets engaged. LoL..I do believe ladies who are comming off the list can share their wisdom, ESPICALLY if they were the cool, waiting around, not breaking down every other day type of LIW. ( But we have very few of the ones who break down a lot ive noticed)

Vac- Do you really think theres more drama. Kinda of like a " days of our lives" expect its all LIW.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it's weird at all! I was actually never on LIW. I found PS after he had already proposed and look at me, I hang out here as well as BWW. I actually hangout/lurk more here than I do over there since our wedding planning is at a halt at the moment. Once that picks up again, I'm pretty sure I'll post there some more. But there is no reason why you can't be lurking in LIW like me!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.5 years after joining PS...

1.5 years after getting engaged...

.5 years after getting married...

...and I'm still hanging around. :::needs shrugging emotie:::

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I'm married and I still respond to posts here .. so, nope, not weird at all.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes please hang around ladies!!! I certainly plan to! (although I post on BWW sometimes too anyway!)

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
calibali said:
Crossmyfingers - kind of off subject, but Bf and I have a very similar wedding plan to you. Where do you think you're going to get married?

Hi Calibali! We're not sure yet. We've thrown several ideas around, and one he really likes is the idea of taking a cruise and getting married somewhere the ship goes. I don't care much where we get married, but I do know I would love to be oceanside for it. Do you have any idea where you're going to get married?

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
I am so relieved that so many of you plan to stick around here a little. And Luck, Freke, Lily... sometimes I forget you guys aren't actually in waiting. Ha! Okay, good, I won't be kicked off here any time soon then. :bigsmile:

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
crossmyfingers said:
Hi Calibali! We're not sure yet. We've thrown several ideas around, and one he really likes is the idea of taking a cruise and getting married somewhere the ship goes. I don't care much where we get married, but I do know I would love to be oceanside for it. Do you have any idea where you're going to get married?

That sounds like a beautiful and headache-free option! I hope you do stick around here, I don't venture to the Bride forum much and I want to hear about what you choose. The few times I've been over there I haven't seen anything about elopers or destination weddings, so I hope you'll post some of your experiences on that board at least :)

I'm almost positive we're going to do Bora Bora. We're big island people and I think it's a great opportunity to venture beyond the Caribbean. I like the idea of far far away...

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
crossmyfingers said:
I am so relieved that so many of you plan to stick around here a little. And Luck, Freke, Lily... sometimes I forget you guys aren't actually in waiting. Ha! Okay, good, I won't be kicked off here any time soon then. :bigsmile:

Seriously, i totally forget that Luck, Freke, Lilly are not LIW anymore. I know they dont post as much, but still, completely forget. Its like, your taking a PS break :lol: :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results