shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG square cushion H&A vs. Jubilee?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Hi all
wavey.gif

This is to follow MMM's post regarding the yummy cushion
9.gif
Definately drool worthy! Can someone enlighten me as to the difference between GOG's square cushion H&A and the Jubilee? Both exhibit hearts and arrows and seem to max out the brilliance scope charts. Does the Jubilee carry a premium over the other? I don't recall seeing the cushion square on his website before...

Thanks,
9.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
The square cushion first appeared when TRex78 posted a pic of one next to a Jubilee. Do a search to see it. I think they're priced about the same. He bought the square cushion and I bought the Jubilee.

The square cushions all have depth% around 70% while the Jubilees range from 64 to 70%.

Which shape do you prefer?

slammie

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/10/2004 9:03:24 PM ep6585 wrote:

The square cushion first appeared when TRex78 posted a pic of one next to a Jubilee. Do a search to see it. I think they're priced about the same. He bought the square cushion and I bought the Jubilee.

The square cushions all have depth% around 70% while the Jubilees range from 64 to 70%.

Which shape do you prefer?----------------

Thanks EP! I must have missed that thread. Great to see the two side by side; can really see that the cushion is a true cushion with round corners. I actually saw a jubilee in a local jeweler and thought it was the best modified ever but I have to say, this hope is absolutely stunning.

I love them both! I really like the cut corners of the jubilee, but the hope looks very romantic. I guess to me the jubilee looks a bit more modern.
Did you get your ring back in the setting? I love the new Vatche settting and adore the heart prongs.
loopy.gif
Please post a picture of it on your SO hands once you propose!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I'm having the ring appraised and I should get it early next week. I'll post more pics then.

The new square cushions look really nice. I wasn't aware of them when I bought the Jubilee.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I thought the cushion was more $...but I could be wrong...I love them both!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/11/2004 9:07:18 AM moremoremore wrote:

..I love them both!
----------------

Me too! The cushion has it's hearts and table oriented differently than the Jubilee. It also has rounded corners rather than cut corners. Optical performance form what I understand from Jon is similar.

MMM, the cost per carat is similar, but the Jubilee typically is more shallow and has has a better spread. The cushion has a depth similar to HoF Dream. So for the same $ a Jubilee may look bigger.

Still love them both though

bling

Shiny_Rock
ooh..the wheels are spinning, eh? hehehe..
i looove that new cushion cut..it has such nice H&A patterns..and the IS is awsome! all of them pegged the charts..
for some reason, i like the rounded corners of the cushion, but maybe thats because im more partial to the rounds. its a great comprimise to what we were talking about earlier..about loving the jubilee, but maybe liking the round shape better? this could be the best of both worlds! keep me posted!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results