shape
carat
color
clarity

vatche x-prong setting options

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

medoodoo

Rough_Rock
hi everyone,

this is my first post! i''ve been reading on this forum for the past 4 months. this is such a great place for newbies (like myself) to learn about diamond shopping. i would like to personally thank everyone who''ve contributed to the forum for all the information you''ve provided.

i think i''ve finally found the right stone for my gf''s engagement ring. now i''m worrying about the setting. i''m thinking about the vatche x-prong and wanted to know what kind of setting options are available. i remember reading a post where someone posted pictures of the setting where the stone was set high and one where it was set low. can anyone send me a link to that post? i''ve searched for it but can''t find it.

also, i''ve seen pictures of x-prongs where the prong ends were rounded. is it possible for the prongs to be made where they ended with a point? i think it gives it a more refined look.

thanks!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I was told that D.Vatche doesn't let you choose a high, medium, or low setting. The reason some diamonds look higher or lower than others is because the diamonds are different. Not the setting.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
There are certainly a lot of look-alikes, and those vary a LOT in height. My SO and I have taken to calling some of them "tower of power". However, if you go with a larger setting, your stone should sit lower, from what people have said around here (for example, going with a 1.5ct setting instead of a 1ct setting for their 1.25ct diamond).

Look at what they've got, if you don't like it, look for some other x-prong setting, they're not at all uncommon in terms of design features.

Buster_DL

Rough_Rock
I bought an X-prong for my 1.02 ct RB and my fiance loves it. I was a bit worried about the 4 prongs (vs what some say is a more sturdy 6 prong), but in platinum I'm confident it is strong. If you want a higher setting, check out the Royal Crown from Vatche...it's very high. If a low setting is what you are after, you can't go wrong with the X prong. Just my .02...

Buster

PS: Here's the link to the pics of my ring in the setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-superbcert-story.16617/

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
buster, your fiance's ring turned out perfect! suberbcert always has the best collages of their diamonds and finished product. i like the look of the X-prong now, didn't really think of it before, until i saw your ring. simple, classic and beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results