shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Rings

This is my first post!! After being a lurker here for the longest time I have finally joined PS! Very excited...although I''m slightly concerned that I''m going to get even more obsessed now!

Anyways my question is about Eternity Rings. I''m Irish and the tradition here is that we get a third diamond ring (an eternity ring) from our husband after we have our first born or a certain wedding anniversary. I''m curious if anyone else does this as I''ve never really seen anyone on PS mention it. Is this just an Irish thing? Are we super old fashioned?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is a very sweet idea! Milestones like anniversaries and babies should be celebrated with pretty sparkly things!

My husband bought me a 3-stone tanzanite ring when our son was born. When our daughter was born, he got me a band that was meant for a 3-stone diamond ring, but it fits great under my tanzanite (see pic below).

I say go for it!!!!!

tanzantiediamondset2.jpg

gemcuts

Rough_Rock
i think that it is a very charming tradition. Havent you heard of 'push presents?'
These are gifts from the husbands to the wives for all that they went through during the pregnancy, and especially the labor.
Google on push presents and you'll see lots.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results