shape
carat
color
clarity

Posts you wish you'd see

princesss

Ideal_Rock
"He proposed with a 2ct VS1 D AGS0 ring and I broke up with him. He should know I like warmer colours! Sidenote: Anybody want a new ring?"

"15 Reasons I Shouldn't Be Getting Married Right Now"

"I'm being immature and I know it, so just agree with me or I'll use ALL CAPS to show you how wrong you are."

"Bring ur grammer and speling problems too me. I am a pro at that shiz."

"Love is measured by the size of your stone. I've got 5 carats of lopsy fugs. Aren't you jealous?"

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
princesss said:
"I'm being immature and I know it, so just agree with me or I'll use ALL CAPS to show you how wrong you are."

Bwahaha! :lol:

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I bought my FI a CZ and she doesn't even know!

--or--

I thought he knew when I wanted a 3 ct Ering that I also wanted a Platinum Wedding. Now he says we can only afford to get married at the JoP and serve ramen. HELP! (Follow up thread: I am living with my ILs' basement and miserable. Help!)

---

In reality, though, I would love to see an under-budget thread. From time to time there are posts, but it would be great to see recently engaged couples writing about how they found something that they liked under budget or Newlyweds who aggressively cut wedding budgets or came in under budget and were happy about it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Also: "Just enable me, dangit!"

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
princesss said:
"He proposed with a 2ct VS1 D AGS0 ring and I broke up with him. He should know I like warmer colours! Sidenote: Anybody want a new ring?"

"15 Reasons I Shouldn't Be Getting Married Right Now"

"Bring ur grammer and speling problems too me. I am a pro at that shiz."

"Love is measured by the size of your stone. I've got 5 carats of lopsy fugs. Aren't you jealous?"

"Love is measured by the size of your stone. I've got 5 carats of lopsy fugs. Aren't you jealous?" LOL! The infamous Lopsy Fugs

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
"My girlfriend wants a well cut, D-color, IF engagement ring, at least 2 carats. I have a budget of $3,000."

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've given my BF 1 week to schedule my surprise proposal or its over! (in LIW)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
"I have terrible taste and only ONE MAGIC DAY to expose that flaw to everyone I know!"

And a three post arc:
"Discovered this new dreamy ETSY artist who is so amazing & cheap!!!"
"LOVE MY NEW ETSY PIECE -- OMG!!!!!"
"Does this look wonky to you?"

"Will my pet die while I am composing this scarily long description of all of their symptoms over the past few months?"

"THE NERVE!!! Some BEATCH touched my ring while commenting on my weight gain/loss/pregnancy and didn't even give up their seat on the bus!/their soft taco!/their mutual wedding date!/the stats on their far inferior bling!"

"Why is everyone so much STUPIDER and RUDER than me ...is?"

"CALLING ALL octagonal black diamonds set in aluminum foil and bubblegum"

"We're *waiting* for the wedding night, whadddyo think about THAT, WHORES?!!?"

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
"I'm too good for you now that I've gleaned all of your info for the perfect ring."

"Why would anyone spend so much time on a diamond website? Every time I come for info, someone is helpful!"

"I'm better than you and I'll keep posting until you agree with me."

"I want your 'opinions.' NOTE: acceptable opinions are only those that have already been stated by me."

"No one told me I should look at wedding bands at the same time as erings. I have a ring that can never be worn with a band!"

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
decodelighted said:

Ok, seriously, if I had water in my mouth when I read this, I totally would've spit it out :lol:

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
In RT:
"1.5 RB--HW or Costco. Help Me Decide!!"

In LIW:
"First Date Report--I Think He's Ok with Platinum vs. WG!"

In ATW (like it was in the olden days)
"Why I Think The Current Administration Sux" :Up_to_something:

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
jaysonsmom said:
The one I really want to see....

"I'm back! Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes"--posted by Mariposa

AMEN!!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
bean said:
"Please show me your (insert type of diamond) because I'm too lazy to do a search!"

"I have no imagination so please post pictures of a D, IF, 1.5432 ct RB on a 4.75 finger, in platinum with a 4 prong head, and surprise gemstones inside (peridot and diamond)!" (and then in the thread... "No, I said 1.5432 not a 1.7.")

Haha love those! I don't have any to add (I'm to tired to be clever at the moment) but I love this thread!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I spent $5 on Ebay, but the stone tests as genuine so it should really be worth $50,000! Please come in and look at my *GORGEOUS* new whateverpieceofjunkstoneitistoday and feed my delusions! Oh, and the seller even thew in a bushel of garlic for FREE! I'm soooo lucky!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I refuse to vaccinate my child because we're superheroes and resistant to all illnesses!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
"I don't think my baby is a genius, he/she is a normal, adorable, slightly boring houseplant."

"Even though I'd like to think my baby will grow up to cure cancer/save the world/be the next Michael Jackson, I look at my husband and realize, we're pretty average and chances are, my baby will be too. And I'm okay with that."

"My boyfriend wants to get married after only knowing me 6 months, says he can't live without me and is planning on buying me a 5 carat diamond to "show" the world how much he loves me. I think he's possessive and crazy and we'd be divorced in a year, so I'm breaking up with him."

"I admit it, I totally judge other people's relationships by the size of their rings and I'm secretly proud my diamond is bigger/better/more sparkly."

"I'm 21, I really don't know anything yet."

On the flip side:

"My baby is clearly going to be eight feet tall, reading by the age of 2, and probably psychic because he WEIGHS SO MUCH already! Fat babies make geniuses!"

"My boyfriend proposed to me after only 6 months with a HUGE diamond, clearly he loves me SO MUCH and isn't compensating/hiding something/is crazy possessive."

"I LOVE being a mother and having a newborn is the BEST thing I've ever done, I am never unhappy (i.e, sobbing hysterically in the shower and wishing the baby would go away for just ONE NIGHT."

But the thread I REALLY most want to see is:

"I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE".

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk said:
I refuse to vaccinate my child because we're superheroes and resistant to all illnesses!

That sounds like more of a Bump post that one DOES see on a regular basis, Hudson!

I would however like to take yours and add a bit:

"I refuse to vaccinate my child because vaccinations are useless they do more harm than good (and of course, we are superheros), but we did circumcise him, not because of religious reasons, but because we don't want him to have to learn to clean his penis to prevent getting a urinary tract infection"

Apparently superheroes are struck down by urinary tract infections, but not by measles, mumps, rubella and so on?

I just never quite have understood that logic. My SIL is like this. She read every bit of anti-vaccine literature she could (oh and did online "research") and then told us quite straight faced that she was going to, however, circumcise the baby if it was a boy as he won't remember it anyway. Baby was a boy, baby did get circumcised.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
ChinaCat said:
"I'm 21, I really don't know anything yet."

:praise:

ETA: I really don't understand the names of some of these smilies. Why is that one ^ called "praise"?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella posting, "No more rules; Post whatever you want."

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha, lots of LIW related thread titles here!

I agree with every single one of them!

I'll add:

"You women are all older, and wiser, than me, and I will accept your advice and input without becoming defensive and calling you all bitter and haggard old women as you had to wait until you were...*gasp*....THIRTY....to get married"

"I am posting this title to ask you a question about whether I am selfish, but as soon as you actually tell me I am selfish, I am going to jump down your throat for being harsh and judging me...you don't know me!"

"My BF is asking other girls for naked pictures of themselves (he tells me it is because he is an artist and I am just close-minded), and I know he is a horrible BF, and will probably cheat on me with my own maid of honor, and I know he will NEVER change....but what is the recipe for engagement chicken again?"

ETA: Added the *gasp" after princesss pointed out the lack of one!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
RaiKai said:

I'll add:

"You women are all older, and wiser, than me, and I will accept your advice and input without becoming defensive and calling you all bitter and haggard old women as you had to wait until you were...THIRTY....to get married"

"I am posting this title to ask you a question about whether I am selfish, but as soon as you actually tell me I am, I am going to jump down your throat for being harsh and judging me...you don't know me and I am not selfish!"

"My BF is asking other girls for naked pictures of themselves (he tells me it is because he is an artist and I am just close-minded), and I know he is a horrible BF, and will probably cheat on me with my own maid of honor, and I know he will NEVER change....but what is the recipe for engagement chicken again?"

You forgot the *gasp* before "THIRTY". :lol:

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
princesss said:
RaiKai said:

I'll add:

"You women are all older, and wiser, than me, and I will accept your advice and input without becoming defensive and calling you all bitter and haggard old women as you had to wait until you were...THIRTY....to get married"

"I am posting this title to ask you a question about whether I am selfish, but as soon as you actually tell me I am, I am going to jump down your throat for being harsh and judging me...you don't know me and I am not selfish!"

You forgot the *gasp* before "THIRTY". :lol:

Gosh, yes, I better go back and change it....!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
RaiKai said:

I'll add:

:lol:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
RaiKai said:
Hudson_Hawk said:

That sounds like more of a Bump post that one DOES see on a regular basis, Hudson!

I would however like to take yours and add a bit:

"I refuse to vaccinate my child because vaccinations are useless they do more harm than good (and of course, we are superheros), but we did circumcise him, not because of religious reasons, but because we don't want him to have to learn to clean his penis to prevent getting a urinary tract infection"

Apparently superheroes are struck down by urinary tract infections, but not by measles, mumps, rubella and so on?

I just never quite have understood that logic. My SIL is like this. She read every bit of anti-vaccine literature she could (oh and did online "research") and then told us quite straight faced that she was going to, however, circumcise the baby if it was a boy as he won't remember it anyway. Baby was a boy, baby did get circumcised.

Oh, wait this is a thread about crazy posts we'd LIKE to see? I thought this was a thread about crazy posts we have seen in the past??? Yes, both of my previous references have been seen here (and the circ one too for that matter).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted said:

LOL!!! Hilarious :appl: :appl:

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I just thought of another good one.

"Gypsy, TravelingGal, DecoDelighted, Dreamer D and Jas are having a super-secret get together, complete with wine and sarcasm and YOU are invited! All you have to do is bring the wine. Details inside". :devil:

Yes of course I realize that posting an entire thread defeats the purpose of it being "supersecret" but hey, these are fantasy posts, right? So my fantasy post, my rules!

And I know I'm leaving out some of my favorite snarkers, but these are the few that came to mind immediately.

Or how about this one:

"What Really Happened Between Brad Pitt and Gwyneth Paltrow. Who cheated on whom! Insiders Account" :cheeky:

And finally-

"Pics of IndyGirl's Lovely Baby Girl." :))

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
"Passive Agressive Comments - Post your thoughts here but only vaguely reference previous threads/posters!"

4ever

Ideal_Rock
"I just won Lotto and went on a massive shopping spree, here's what I got!" - SMTB

"It rlly dosn't matter what i say in dis post because i will write it in txt speek so u will give up reading it can caring bout wat i have to say"

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
lucyandroger said:
"Passive Agressive Comments - Post your thoughts here but only vaguely reference previous threads/posters!"

FWIW, most of my "suggestions" come from real life annoyances, not from any particular poster here.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about...

'Here I am back to update you on which ring I went with. I thought I should seeing as over 300 people took time and effort to offer suggestions and advice in my RT thread.'

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results