shape
carat
color
clarity

PS 2 Suggestions

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all your hard work getting 2.0 up and running - I know it has been a long and challenging project and I really appreciate all your efforts!

I do have a few suggestions, though, in the spirit of making Pricescope the best it can be. I tried to think of things that are not just different and must be gotten used to (there are other qualities of 2.0 that I'm not crazy about but don't doubt will be normal in due time).

Here is my list:

1. It would be nice to switch back the order of LIW and BWW - I had gotten used to it!
2. The "new" tab for going to the newest unread post could be bigger (and clearer as to its purpose).
3. It would be nice to have physical demarcation between permanent topics in forums like there used to be.
4. On the main forum page, it says who made the latest post on a board, but not on what thread. It would be great to have back on which the thread the post was made.
5. I really miss not being able to go back and read users old posts (seeing what some long-timers posted back in 2004 is super entertaining!). If that feature if available here, I wish it were more readily accessible.
6. I would prefer if outside links opened into a new tab like they used to.

Thank you for reading!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Agreed with the following:
1. Clear separation between stickies versus other topics. The icon is not clear.
2. For each forum, would like to see the latest thread in addition to who made the post. Who made the post doesn't really matter to me.

Usability Suggestions:
3. Bring back view threads by poster. This is regularly used by many users.
4. Make the forum a flexible width. The fixed width is too wide right now for anyone on a smaller laptop or lower resolution.
5. For our diamond, we should add in diamond shape since the table and depth don't matter.
6. Less space between each thread. Too much scrolling.
7. Option for users to pick time display as military or not.
8. When subscription notifications are sent, include the new post in the body of the email.

New Functionality Suggestions:
1. Private Message
2. Market Place

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Agreed with the fine suggestions particularly:

1) Variable width
2) Threads by poster
3) And, as new suggestion, PMs would be greatly appreciated and most helpful.

ETA: I might be dreaming this...but I *thought* in the old version you could "hover" in the New Posts option and see a few lines of the post. In this version that works if you're actually inside a forum but not when you choose New Posts. (Or, I could be dreaming that that existed...)

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I would like the lab diamonds to be lab stones more generally. I know at least 2 people here have some amazing pieces that they can't show because they are lab made, but not diamonds. I understand that this is a site for gems, not lab stones, but if you are ok with a fake diamond thread, why not the rest of the lab stone world? I have a lot of questions about the differences between them, but cannot ask as I will get modded.

This may already be an option and I just don't know how to change the view, but in the old pricescope, it was very clear which threads were stickied so you weren't always looking at one that had not been updated for quite sometime and thinking it was the latest.

Also, what happend to the emoticons? Maybe they are here and I just don't see them because of the html formatting, but I miss those little guys. (Where I would add the crying one if I had any clue where he is hiding).

The site really does look good and I may find more once I get to know it better, but I like it and really appreciate the suggestion section.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Copy and pasting my post I made in the wrong topic.

In the previous version when I looked at any user's post history, there was an option to "view topics made by user" or "view all posts made by user". I personally would like to see that option back. thanks!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
One more suggestion - it would be great to have the "All New Replies" link on the top of all pages instead of only available through the main forum page.

Obviously all these things should come after fixing any actual problems. :) Thank you so much!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Is this the official PS2 suggestion thread?

Before if I was not logged on but reading a thread and wanted to respond, I could log on and it would take me back to the thread I was reading. Now if I log on it takes me to my account and I have to go back to the thread. Can we have that feature back?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
I would like to be able to respond to (subscribed topics) posts via email, if possible. Often I am at work and would love to keep up with a conversation, but cannot pull up PS due to work restrictions. Really, it would just help me goof off more than I should :bigsmile:

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
To add to this when putting in information about the ring in my profile under Ring Specs, the lowest color is N. That leaves out people like me who have much lower colors or fancy colors. I would love to be able to select Y-Z for my Sunny and I know others would love to be able to give the stats on their lower or fancy colored diamonds.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I, too, am wondering if we may get PMs? Or has it been decided "no", and we can quit hoping and asking?! ;))

Thanks!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
First, I love it that ps2 doesn't automatically log me out. Second, when I click posted links (external or internal) it would be nice to have it open in a different window/tab instead of navigating me away from my current page. Thanks!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
It would also be great if there were an option to go to a list of "Threads I've Posted In".

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
The old PS was difficult for a Blackberry, but not impossible.
PS2 is impossible because of the scrolling. All that scrolling has to be done between every single post.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
PinkTower said:
PS2 is impossible because of the scrolling. All that scrolling has to be done between every single post.
Are you using the BB web browser? I found using Opera Mini for PS and a couple other sites is much nicer. If you don't have it, you should give it a try.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, I will see if I can download that. I have a BB 8330, which is getting outdated.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
sillyberry said:
Thank you for all your hard work getting 2.0 up and running - I know it has been a long and challenging project and I really appreciate all your efforts!

I do have a few suggestions, though, in the spirit of making Pricescope the best it can be. I tried to think of things that are not just different and must be gotten used to (there are other qualities of 2.0 that I'm not crazy about but don't doubt will be normal in due time).

Here is my list:

1. It would be nice to switch back the order of LIW and BWW - I had gotten used to it!
2. The "new" tab for going to the newest unread post could be bigger (and clearer as to its purpose).
3. It would be nice to have physical demarcation between permanent topics in forums like there used to be.
4. On the main forum page, it says who made the latest post on a board, but not on what thread. It would be great to have back on which the thread the post was made.
5. I really miss not being able to go back and read users old posts (seeing what some long-timers posted back in 2004 is super entertaining!). If that feature if available here, I wish it were more readily accessible.
6. I would prefer if outside links opened into a new tab like they used to.

Thank you for reading!

Hi SillyBerry,

These are great suggestions.

1) It is Done. I like this order too.
2) In the works.
3) In the works.
4) Good point and on the list.
5) If you you lick on the user there is a link to all Users posts in there profile. Thinking about putting it in there avatar.
6) Looking into it.

Again thanks

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
CharmyPoo said:
Agreed with the following:
1. Clear separation between stickies versus other topics. The icon is not clear.
2. For each forum, would like to see the latest thread in addition to who made the post. Who made the post doesn't really matter to me.

Usability Suggestions:
3. Bring back view threads by poster. This is regularly used by many users.
4. Make the forum a flexible width. The fixed width is too wide right now for anyone on a smaller laptop or lower resolution.
5. For our diamond, we should add in diamond shape since the table and depth don't matter.
6. Less space between each thread. Too much scrolling.
7. Option for users to pick time display as military or not.
8. When subscription notifications are sent, include the new post in the body of the email.

New Functionality Suggestions:
1. Private Message
2. Market Place

Hi Charmy Poo,

1) In the works
2) On the list
3) In the works
4) In the works
5) will look into this
6) we cleaned up a bit and will look some more
7) Still looking into it.
8) in the works. The user one is done.

Thanks for the great suggestions.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hest88 said:
Agreed with the fine suggestions particularly:

1) Variable width
2) Threads by poster
3) And, as new suggestion, PMs would be greatly appreciated and most helpful.

ETA: I might be dreaming this...but I *thought* in the old version you could "hover" in the New Posts option and see a few lines of the post. In this version that works if you're actually inside a forum but not when you choose New Posts. (Or, I could be dreaming that that existed...)

1) is being worked on
2) is being worked on
3) under consideration.

ETA : Is done :)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
choro72 said:
Copy and pasting my post I made in the wrong topic.

In the previous version when I looked at any user's post history, there was an option to "view topics made by user" or "view all posts made by user". I personally would like to see that option back. thanks!

At the moment if you click on the user there is a link there. We are looking at adding it to the avatar section.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
sillyberry said:
One more suggestion - it would be great to have the "All New Replies" link on the top of all pages instead of only available through the main forum page.

Obviously all these things should come after fixing any actual problems. :) Thank you so much!!!

This is on our list.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
fiery said:
Is this the official PS2 suggestion thread?

Before if I was not logged on but reading a thread and wanted to respond, I could log on and it would take me back to the thread I was reading. Now if I log on it takes me to my account and I have to go back to the thread. Can we have that feature back?

On our list.

Thank you for the suggestion.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
clgwli said:
To add to this when putting in information about the ring in my profile under Ring Specs, the lowest color is N. That leaves out people like me who have much lower colors or fancy colors. I would love to be able to select Y-Z for my Sunny and I know others would love to be able to give the stats on their lower or fancy colored diamonds.

Sorry about that. It is on the list to adjust.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Lynn B said:
I, too, am wondering if we may get PMs? Or has it been decided "no", and we can quit hoping and asking?! ;))

Thanks!

Hi Lynn B,

It has been decided to keep PMs disabled for this time. They will of course be reconsidered in the future once things have stabilized.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Pink Tower said:

Hi Pink Tower,

We are working on the scrolling, so hopefully this will improve for you soon.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you everyone for all you suggestions.

We are working to get as many features in as we can.

Hopefully i responded to everyones suggestion.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Great job getting the changes in! I am so happy to see the fixed width issue fixed today! I can browse happily on my little laptop now.

I know we asked for less space for each thread but can we get back just a little more space between them? It seems too cramped now. Pretty please with a cherry on top!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
CharmyPoo said:
Great job getting the changes in! I am so happy to see the fixed width issue fixed today! I can browse happily on my little laptop now.

I know we asked for less space for each thread but can we get back just a little more space between them? It seems too cramped now. Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Some space was added already.

Lets see how it goes.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for all your hard work and responsiveness to suggestions. After a month I'm pretty darn used to 2.0!

One small further suggestion, though. I miss the link at the bottom of each page to go to the previous or next thread. It saved a lot of time when you didn't have to go back into the main forum and select - a really great way to power through a topic!

Again - thank you!!!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
sillyberry said:
Thanks so much for all your hard work and responsiveness to suggestions. After a month I'm pretty darn used to 2.0!

One small further suggestion, though. I miss the link at the bottom of each page to go to the previous or next thread. It saved a lot of time when you didn't have to go back into the main forum and select - a really great way to power through a topic!

Again - thank you!!!

I know what you mean. It is on our list.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results