shape
carat
color
clarity

July 2010 Healthy Lifestyle

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone had great 4th of July! It's great reminder of what we have to be thankful for as well as the freedoms we have as individuals. Declare your own independance and do what you can to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Starting this month I have decided to start an exercise journal for myself, similar to a food journal. I'm tracking the kinds of exercise I do as well as the minutes so I can see the total number of days exercised per month as well as the total number of minutes. My gym used to have a computer program that tracked this and every month they would post the top 20 members # of days exercised as well as minutes. It was a great way to see how I did month to month but also a great motivator to climb up the list. So now I am competing against myself.

Since I have the day off and therefore no Total Body Training Class, I started my day with Jillian Michael's 30 day shred 1 followed by a 30 minute walk. I plan to spend my afternoon relaxing at the pool.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, thank you for starting this month's thread! Great idea to have an exercise journal along with a food journal. I need to start tracking both again.

I have today off too; we are going to a friends for a BBQ so I made homemade chocolate chip cookies to take and we are taking stuff to make margaritas. I plan on leaving any extras there.

Tomorrow we get high speed broadband and a new phone service installed. We have broadband already but this is speed plus for $10 more so I'll give it a try. The phone sounds like a great deal - all local and long distance calls are unlimited and included in one fee. That will be nice.

Have a great day! :wavey:
Marcy

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday all! I also have the day off. I did yoga this morning.

It rained and rained for July 4th. Luckily, hubs and I brought our raincoats, but it was crazy windy at Red Rocks. The Blues Traveler still put on a great show, but I think the coolest part was looking down on all of the Denver metro area and seeing everyone's fireworks. It was awesome.

apple- Thanks for starting the July thread. I think monthly threads are a great idea (thanks marcy)! I have never had an exercise journal. I workout a lot and eat healthy but just can't keep a food/exercise log. BUT, I do have a calendar on the fridge that tracks my miles for my training, SO, I guess that counts.

marcy- Home made chocolate chip cookies and margaritas? We don't live THAT far apart, you know that, right? ;)) Sounds like a lovely day! Enjoy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach Runner, I bet watching the fireworks all over town from Red Rocks was amazing. I am so glad you enjoyed the concert. I like the idea of a calendar on the refrigerator. I might have to start doing that myself. You can get here in plenty of time for cookies and margaritas. I am running a couple dozen cookies over a few to my parents in a little while. I saved about 8 cookies for us and the rest will go with us to the BBQ. :lickout:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning. We had fun last night. We played hearts and spades. This morning we had our broadband provider change our speed to "Speed Plus". My online connection seems zippier now. Woo hoo! We also got their digital phone service so now we have free long distance calls on our home phone. Sweet.

I made us the low cal version of your basic breakfast this morning. I used SL 45 cal per slice wheat toast, hash browns with a tiny bit of oil, eggs (I get one) and center cut bacon (again I get one). It was tasty. For lunch I am going to make some chicken alfredo. I bought myself a light sauce and can only eat a litle chicken since I am allergic to it but can tolerate it a little bit.

Marty is going in to work after lunch. I am debating on purchasing a new computer. Dell 14" or Sony Vaio 14". The big key is I can get them in pink. The Vaio is now a hot pink so I prefer the Dell color better. Decisions, decisions.

Have a great day. :wavey:

Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to yoga class today and it felt great to stretch! Other than that not much to report.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, that is great you went to yoga today. I am pretty bored; I am ready to go back to work tomorrow.

I made our chicken fettucini alfredo for lunch. It was pretty good. The lite sauce isn't great but it isn't bad. So far no stomach ache from the chicken. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

The flower has rhodolite petals. :D

flowerpot.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
;( My car is dead. We don't have roadside assistance on our insurance and the nearest dealer is 50 miles away. There goes my new laptop. :angryfire: It's locked up either the transmission or brakes. I have power. Oh well, no since worrying about it now.

I ran supper out to Marty at work. Glad I didn't head to the outlet mall today. A guy was leaving work when I was about to call my dad to pick me up so I asked him where he lives and he lives near my parents house so he dropped me off there.

See you later!
Marcy No Car :wavey:

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, sorry to hear about your car troubles. Hopefully its an inexpensive fix.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Appletini! I hope it's an easy fix too. If not Marty will want a new car.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
HOLY COW this new Pricescope site is going to take a while to get used to!!!

Sounds like everyone's doing well.

Marcy, I hope your car stuff turns out to be a simple inexpensive thing. I hate car troubles. My sister's boyfriend LOVES working on cars and she shamelessly pimps him out to all of our friends whenever there's car troubles. Hope you can get yours resolved soon

Apple, sounds like a great 4th weekend. Exercise journal sound fantastic. SIs and I have been using MapMyRun.com. It has other work out activities, not just running/biking so you can log a workout. kinda fun to see your progress and stuff.

Beach, how's the running going my friend! Glad you had a good show & Red Rocks, despite the rain. I'll be heading to Denny in Sept with the hubs. We're visiting some friends. Maybe we can meet up to do a run. I have a 12 miler scheduled for that day. :)

Runs so far have been pretty good. We're getting up to 10 miles, then we step back to 7, that back up again. Sis and I have been hitting the runs together pretty consistently, but I've been neglecting the gym because of that. i think I'm going to try to do mid-day gym runs to get use of the gym membership as a result.

Down 5 lbs more or less from all the running. Woo hoo!!! Despite all the working out I've been doing since joining this thread my weight has pretty much not budged. But I think it's slowly tapering down with all the cardio we're doing now.

See you guys manana!

~Lisa

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - I hope your car isn't too messed up. An easy fix would be great! I still haven't bought my new car...can't make up my mind. I hope your chicken continues to agree with you. I had lasagna at a restaurant that was a little greasy over the weekend, and I woke up with a bad stomach ache the next day. That didn't stop me from having 2 pieces of cake that next day! I couldn't help it, my SIL makes awesome cake. I'm drooling just thinking about it!! Have you ever tried the low sugar margarita mix?

beachrunner - sounds like you had an awesome view for fireworks, but sorry it rained on you. We were in Cincinnati where it was soooo hot and steamy. There were too many hot, stinky people out, but we did get to see good fireworks so it was worth it.

Lisa - Yay for being down 5 lbs! I agree this site is going to take a little getting used to. I'm afraid I'm going to post things in weird places and not know it.

I am still a member of weight watchers online, and I track my food and exercise each day. I have the app on my phone, so it makes it a lot easier and more convenient to track. After a year and a half, it has become such habit. It was miserably hot today, so Matt and I didn't get our walk in until after 11pm. We had chicken fajitas and spanish rice for dinner, and I had some Edy's slow churned ice cream afterwards. Marcy-I think you're the one who mentioned that brand, so I had to try it. Yummy! My visit with my MIL was as expected over the weekend. She's just a big ole meanie that everyone tries to avoid (including her kids and grandkids). After almost 16 years of dealing with her, I have learned it's best to slap a smile on my face and ignore everything she says...and to not be alone in a room with her if at all possible. Sad. My parents are such sweethearts, and I feel so sorry for Matt and his brothers for the upbringing they had with ole meanie.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone! If you're not sweltering, enjoy it!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend of ours on Facebook said he knew what was wrong with my car - the flux capacitor has lost it's mojo! :D

I am waiting for a ride to work. Marty got home in the wee hours of the morning. I left him phone numbers to call since I don't know what he wants to do about the car.

I will write more tonight.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did 30 minutes on the elliptical today. Since I have a PT session tomorrow I decided to focus on cardio. I saw the trainer working out another client and I have a feeling I'm going to be tortured tomorrow.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Hump day!
We had our house inspection this morning. It went very well, and the inspector said that the house is better than most remodels he's seen. The owner even brought us the sewer scope, so that's something we don't have to pay for anymore. This home ownership thing is starting to feel really real! :errrr: :bigsmile:

I got 7 miles in this morning. It was cool and I thought I was even underdressed in the beginning, but I quickly warmed up. It was slightly humid though. I've also come to the realization that I just run better in the mornings. It's tough for me to run when I get home from work. I'm just tired.

Not sure what I'll have for dinner; probably make fish and a vegatable.

marcy- Sorry to hear about the car news. Bummer. The flower you posted is super pretty; is it from your garden?

deegee- Are you melting? I hear the east coast is just soooo hot. :knockout:

Lisa- There you are! My running is good. I've been having a tough time getting my LR in, which sucks because they are super important. So, this weekend is my stepback week where I'm only suppose to run 10miles, but I'll do 14 instead. My right toenail is beginning to become black/blue to match the left. I got new running shoes (1/2 size bigger than what I usually wear), so hopefully that will somewhat remedy the toenail issue. Coming to Denver!? Yay. We can definately meet up for a run, drink, or eats! Maybe we can get Marcy to drive down and have a mini GTG!

apple- Glad you got some yoga in! I <3 yoga too!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ Hope your car is easily fixed!

Looks like everyone is doing pretty well! I'll be posting more and needing some inspiration very soon!!

:wavey:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi shiny! How exciting that baby Lily will be here in a week!!!!

beachrunner - you're buying a house? Congrats! Hubby and I rented for about a year when we first moved to WV, and were so happy when we moved into our house. I think the best part of being a homeowner is that you can pretty much do what you want without having to ask permission. We do have neighborhood bylaws and have restrictions on certain things on the outside, but the inside is fair game! We're sweltering here. The humidity is nasty.

marcy - I so hope your car situation gets settled soon and you get your new laptop. Spending money on car repairs stinks, but getting a new laptop (in pink!) is a fun expense. I'm all for the fun expenses!!!

apple - you're very inspirational with your exercise!

We started out the day applying for a passport and being late for work and then ended up working a few hours extra tonight, so we had a quick dinner of turkey blt sandwiches and salad and more of that tasty slow churned ice cream. It's 10:30 and still 85 degrees out, but we'll go ahead and walk at 11 regardless. I need to be going to bed by 11 but no - I'm out walking! Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Deegee, ugh! bummer about your MIL but I'm glad your visit went as well as could be expected. I have a feeling my dad are going to turn out to be your MIL I'm dreading it. I'm trying to tell myself to be a happy positive person so my kids will want to bring their spouses & kids around when I'm old and cranky. :) Good job on the WW tracking. We're tracking our workouts, not so much our food intake. But I'm trying to avoid eating out so much.

Marcy, LOL about the flux capacitor!!! How nice that Marty will help sort out the car situation. James just leaves it to me, even though he drives our car way more than I do. Good thing we have an AWESOME mechanic who's totally the best and totally honest. It helps that our dogs play together :)

Apple, how was your tortur--I mean PT session. Hee hee. When did you start with a trainer? Are you still doing the classes during lunch time?

Beach! Y'know I didn't feel like I was gone from Pricescope for long, but I'm so lost with what's going on with everyone I realize I *was* gone for a while!!! Bums about it hard getting your LR in. But the 14 mile'r sounds killer, in a good way. Good for you! Yikes about the toe, I'm glad you got new shoes. We're going to be in Denny Sep 25ish, but I'm coming with James he might think it's weird meeting PS ppl. Only because he doesn't realize how COOL PS folks are. :rolleyes: Boys are so silly.... I'll keep you informed. Do you know how we can get info to each other? Ask the moderators?

SS, waiting with baited breath for your good news!!!! And we're totally here for you for inspiration! You're as much as an inspiration to us!!!

We're doing the novice training program so we haven't broken 10 yet (doing 10 this weekend). James's friends invited us out to their lake house and I originally wanted to do my run with our running group. Which would've meant us being up in MI for only 22 hrs or so. So I compromised with James and said I'll skip my group run if he'll run 10 miles with me. But James is so NOT a good workout buddy. So Leena said she'll run with me, and I'm going to make James leave a cooler of Gatorade & water for us outside my building at the mid-way point of our run on Sunday. Hee hee. Maybe I"ll make him cheer us on too. :)

The past 2 days I've been eating out for lunch, so eating more than I'd usually. Tomorrow it's an Indonesian Buffet from a catering company that's going to be held like 6 blocks from our house. James is half Indonesian so I thought it'd be fun. It's cheap, $15, and BYOB. :) Sis and her boyfriend are going to meet us up too. Tonight's dinner is sorta kinda like fried rice but not.

We did 5 miles today and got sprinkled on. And I biked to and from Sis's house so that was extra work out. :)

Catch you all tomorrow!!!!

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Poor Marty was at work until 5 am. He is already in bed and has to go in at 6 in the morning. I had a friend of mine pick me up for work. I borrowed my parent’s car until I get mine back. I had to have my car towed to the dealer 50 miles away so that set me back $260. I dread finding out what is wrong and how much that is going to cost. I took a picture of them pulling out of the parking lot with my car; I called it Bye Bye Baby! I spent quite of bit of time on the phone and running back and forth arranging the tow truck so I didn’t take my afternoon walk.

Lisa, I hope the car repair bill is not bad; I hope to hear something tomorrow. My dad is a mechanic (retired) but he doesn’t work on imports. That is nice your sister’s BF loves to work on cars. That is a nice connection. Yay for running up to 10 miles and congratulations for being down 5 pounds. That is great you know a good mechanic. Good idea to have James ready with Gatorade and water midway through your run.

Deegee, it is hard to decide on a new car. I sure hope my car is an easy fix. I got a stomach ache last night but not too bad. Restaurant lasagna is greasy but it is sure good. Sorry it gave you a stomach ache. Does your SIL make cakes from scratch? Good cake is hard to pass up. Good idea to track your food and exercise on your phone; I need to look for one for my iPod. The slow churned ice cream is a real treat. That is too bad your MIL is so nasty; good idea to just slap on a smile and not let her get to you. I’ll see what the damages on my car is before I order a new laptop. It’s not like I don’t have a pink laptop already. Are you going anywhere fun since you are getting your passport?

Appletini, I hope you don’t get tortured too much by your trainer.

Beach Runner, how exciting the house inspection went so well. I bet you are excited. It was a bit chilly here today and we had rain off and on. Yes, the flower is in one of my pots. I really like the color in it; I picked a 6 pack up of assorted and it was in that. A Denver GTG? Sounds FUN! I am so sorry to hear about your toes. Ouch!

Somethingshiny, thanks for the wishes on my car. Lily is due in a week? I am so excited for you.

Take care! :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach Runner, did you see the news tonight? Someone asked to see a $20,000 Marquis diamond at the Cherry Creek mall and ran off with it. I think it was Hyde Park but I can't tell for sure from the store video. Holy cow!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my PT session today 10 min warmup on the rowing machine and then a 30 minute PT session. The trainer asked what I wanted to workon and I said everything so he said we'd do a "tune up". It started out tough. I did better than I thought on the strength part but jogging .5 miles on the treadmill was very tough so we changed it to 5 minutes intead.

lliang,
I'm not officially back with the trainer. Our company has a heart smart program and the rewards are PT sessions, massages, etc. They have a collaboration with the cafeteria that if you purchase a heart healthy meal then they will punch your heart card. When your heart card is full (20 punches) then you can cash it in for the rewards. So 2 30 min PT sessions is one of the options so that is what I went for, especially since I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to his SLAM class today.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WoW!!! I've been so busy and haven't been able to check in for about a week and the site's all new. It took me a while to find out how to say hey. So.....Hey......

Sorry for being absent. Work is beyond crazy. I mean really really really a bear! I haven't been able to make it to the gym all week and haven't left the office once this week before 7 PM. Isn't it alwasy the way things go? They give you more responsibility, which means you have to do so much more, but don't have more time to do all that is my plate. It does bother me that the gym hasn't been happening, but it is what it is. I've been doing as much at home, like extra pushups to stay in shape sans gym.

The 4th weekend here in Tampa, was pretty much a total washout. It rained and rained and then it rained some more. We had reservations for our 30th anniversary at Ghallager's in the entertainment complex just up the street. We had to walk there, all dressed up, in torrential rain, with lightning and thunder, while we tried to stay dry under an umbrella. Can you say "walking lightning rod?" We can, but nature decided not to hurt us. Just make us look like drowned rats walking into a 5 star restaurant. Still we had a really terrific dinner and fortunately for us (and all of Tampa), the skies cleared off enough that when we walked out of the restaurant, we walked into a sea of about 10,000 people who has all come to see the fireworks display, which I must say was truly wonderful. Then we just walked home afterwards.

The Tall Ships are coming to Tampa Saturday morning. We have friends who have a 30' sailboat and they've invited us to go out with them and be part of the flotilla that escorts them to port. It should be a lot of fun. Afterwards, WE ARE GOING TO THE GYM. Come H$!! or highwater.

I'm sorry for not writing you all individually. Marcy, so sorry to read about your car troubles. Apple, thanks for starting the thread, which I see is now monthly! And everyone else........Hey......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi my HLT friends. I hope you had a great day. I hadn’t heard from the car dealer by 1:30 so I called. He said the steering wheel was completely locked up and they couldn’t get it in the shop to figure out what was wrong. I sure wanted to yell “no sh*t Sherlock” :angryfire: but refrained. He called me back about 4:30 and said the electronic brain was fried, they had to order it in from Germany which would take 2 to 3 weeks and it will cost $2000. The real kicker is since the electronic brain isn’t working he can’t tell yet if there is anything else wrong. Aak. I told him to order it but I also called our salesman and asked him what we can do for a trade-in. I am all stressed out. We will go see them on Saturday. I mopped the kitchen floor tonight to get out some of that nervous energy.

Marty called me and asked me to take him supper at work. I reminded him how well that worked out the last time I did that for him. (That is when my car died). I took him a Subway sandwich, stopped to visit my parents then picked up a few groceries. I bought myself a Lean Cuisine pizza; I thought that sounded like reasonable comfort food for supper.

Appletini, yay for a “tune up” with your trainer today. I did go for my walk this afternoon. How nice your company offers rewards for eating healthy.

Rod, the new site is different. I am getting more used to it. It doesn’t display well on our netbook; the right side is cut off and I can’t scroll to the right on it. You and Marty are in the same boat at work. Poor guy worked Tuesday from 7 am to 5 am the next day. Today he went in at 6 and got home about 7:30 tonight. He keeps getting phone calls and emails in the middle of the night so he isn't sleeping well either. I hope things settle down for you soon. We’ve been having a lot of rain too but they did manage to shot off fireworks Sunday evening. The Tall Ships sound really fun and how cool you get to go out on one and help escorts them in to port. Take pictures! I’d love to see some.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello friends!!!

Last night's Indonesian buffet was great!!! I talked to the owners of the catering company a little bit too. They seemed very nice. James, unfortunately couldn't make it, which kinda sucks since that's the reason why I wanted to go. But they do the event every month so maybe next month or something James can go. I had to cut my run short since I ran out of time. Just did 1.75 miles rather than 3. :( Today's my rest day we're going to Michigan for the weekend.

Marcy, CRAZY story about the Marquis diamond! Stinks that Marty's been working so much. Big OUCH on the car repair!!! I hope you guys get an answer if it's worth trading your car in. $2K is still a lot on car repairs... :(

Apple, that's a fantastic use for your "healthy rewards" prize. I'm glad you had a good session with your trainer. I love how you call it a "tune up" :)

Rod, sorry work has been so crazy. I hope you guys get some better weather soon. I hate it when it just rains on the weekend. It shoudl at least rain at night when we're all sleeping so we can still enjoy the day.

OK work's starting to explode, so I should shove off. :)

~Lisa

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday! :wavey:
Slow start in the office today, much unlike yesterday, oof! I had a court hearing at 9am, then came back to e-mails and voicemails regarding the house we’re trying to buy. What a process!

I did 3 miles after work. I even wore Capri running pants, as there was a little chill in the air. It felt great, and I actually wasn’t too tired (I usually am if I run after work). I made some stir fry for dinner. I am REALLY loving ice water with fresh lemon. It’s so refreshing!

Friday is my rest day, and I’ll probably do yoga.

Marcy- Boo to car repairs. So frustrating when something you need, breaks. I used to eat Lean Cuisine meals, esp the mushroom pizza, often for lunch. They aren’t too bad tasting.

Rod- We got rained on during our 4th celebrations as well. I hope you find time to make it to the gym! Sounds like you’ll have a wonderful time on your friends boat! Enjoy!

Lisa- Have fun in MI! Indonesian buffet sounds great! Don’t beat yourself up about missing 1mile in your run; not important! I think we just message the admins and we may be able to pass on email addresses to them or something? Not quite sure how that works. Fortunately, my husband is a forum geek too. He’s met many people through his forums and some of them are good friends now. So, he won’t think it’s weird at all if I tell him I’m meeting people from the internet.

Apple- Your PT sessions sound great!

Oh, and yes Marcy, I DID hear about the guy who took the diamond from the Cherry Creek Mall. Crazy! That jewelry store is drool worthy. At one point, they had a massive emerald cut diamond on display, and I’d oogle it everytime I’d walk by. I don’t shop at the CC mall; there aren’t a lot of stores I can afford in there! I like the CO Mills Mall. If/when we move, we’ll be more north than we are now (about 20 blocks) and we’ll be close to Stapleton. I’ll have to check out the outdoor shopping there, although I’m not sure if they have very many stores.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am glad the weekend is here. PS dust on our car outing tomorrow would be appreciated. I am kind of nervous. I either get a new car or wait until they get mine fixed. Time will tell.

I went on my afternoon walk today but did enjoy a piece of homemade warm peach pie after lunch. :devil: It was divine. I left a roast cooking in the crock pot for supper.

Marty had another uber long day at work and was on a call for about 45 minutes while we were trying to eat supper.

Lisa, glad to hear your Indonesian buffet was great too bad James missed out on going. Enjoy Michigan this weekend.

Beach Runner, buying a house is quite a process. I know so many people that love lemon in their ice water, I don’t find it appealing at all. I like my water plain and icy. There is a chill in the air already but it’s kind of nice. Lean Cuisine for lunch is not bad. Yes, that store is droll worthy. If you want to go try on a gorgeous EC diamond ring there is a 6.5 carat at Oster Jeweler’s 1st near Cherry Creek Mall. It is a 3 stone EC ring and gorgeous. I don’t know what it costs but I try it on every time we go there. They specialize in watches which Marty loves as much as I love jewelry. The Aurora Mall is close to the Stapleton (I think). I haven’t been to that mall for years though.

Laters, :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Well I survived the day of car shopping. We had fast foot breakfast :o then headed 50 miles south to visit my dead car and play "let's make a deal!" Marty deals with vendors at work all the time so has gotten much better at saying no and asking for more. I cracked first and said this is pretty good (I got the "look") from Marty on that. He did get them to give us about $2000 more. They really nailed us for my car being dead and of course there is always a possibility there is something else wrong with it plus they drug it on the trailer to cart it down there which could have damaged the tires or transmission. My payments (I don't know exactly yet) will be about $70 less than the ones I have now. Since the 2010 inventory is so depleted they only had one car in stock and two of the SUV we were interested in. The SUV was more impressive than we thought it would be but we ended up getting a car just like the one we have only newer and under warranty. We wanted an upgrade package and they only had one left in the Rocky Mountain region so it will get to our dealer on Monday and I can pick it up on Tuesday. The car is a metallic gray; not one of my top choices but it looks good on the car. I don't really dislike silver or gray cars but you see so many of them anymore. My parents will run me down in their car on Tuesday to get it. At least I won't have to learn how to drive it. The only new things on it are a back up camera and our iPods will connect through the radio. It has Sirius on it but I am thinking if I have my iPod in there maybe I won't activate it after my free trial period. Marty and the salesman had to use a screwdriver to get our glove box open. It is even electronic. Those old fashion cars didn't have any toys on them but they could be towed down the street with a rope and you could open anything you want. Too funny.

After we got finished at the dealer we went downtown for lunch. We tried a new Italian place. I had spaghetti and meatballs and Marty tried a sausage and pasta dish. We had some wine (I needed some) and split a dessert.

After lunch we walked around downtown then went to Best Buy. They have the 2 computers I am interested in online so I wanted to see if they had them in the store but they didn't. We saw 3 people we know from here in town in there though. Too funny.

We are having a movie and popcorn night. Laters! :wavey:
Marcy

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy- Speaking of your computer; I got Oprah in the mail today (my Mom signed me up for a subscription) and she has many deals throughout July and August. Well, on July 24th, Dell Inspirion lappys 14", 15", or 17" are 30% off. You just go to dell.com/oprahdeal. It's only valid on that day from 12:01a to 11:59p and they say quantities are limited.

I'm eying up some copper cookware and this beautiful leather tote. :naughty:

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy weekend!
I got my run in Friday night, so I slept in until 9am today! It was glorious! 7miles Friday night and 14 tomorrow am. I had some pasta for dinner tonight. Hubs bosses are having a BBQ tomorrow, so we might go to that. Hubs only has one day off this week, as he has a catering to do on Monday. But, I'm a sucker for some smoked pig as is my husband so we'll see. Plus, they live in our neighborhood so it won't be a far commute.

marcy, again- I'm glad you found a new car! And, a drink is always necessary after dealing with salesmen. I'm going to have the biggest martini if/when we ever close on this house! :lickout: Oh, and we went to the Aurora mall once looking for shoes, and it was not anything to write home about. You are not missing anything there! Yikes.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did my walk/jog routine this morning for 30 minutes. I really need to work on my cardio endurance so I'll have to do more of it even though it is super hot and humid outside. I was glad to get in early today.

Marcy, Glad you got the car situation resolved.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results