shape
carat
color
clarity

I need opinions on shoes, PLEASE!

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I don't post around here a whole lot, but I would be very grateful if I could collect some opinions on shoes for a bridesmaid dress I'm wearing this weekend.

I've attached a pic of the dress and the two shoes I'm leaning towards. The wedding is outdoors, but it's cocktail attire. I'm already 5'11", so the heel height needs to be short(er).

Thanks. :wavey:

bmblue.JPG

shoe1.jpg

shoe2.jpg

skye425

Rough_Rock
I like the second pair better. They are a little more elegant.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
My personal preference would be for the 1st pair...they're super cute! Yes, the kitten heels are fancier and more formal, but I think you'd get less wear out of them. I tend to buy shoes that serve many purposes and can wear over and over and over again! :))

I think the 2nd pair are elegant, but I would be careful about wearing a heel at an outside wedding. I did that recently and kept sinking into the grass the whole time. the first pair won't give you that problem, and they are cute.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first pair!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
The first pair are cute, but the leather look is too casual IMO to wear if you are in the wedding party.

I would pick the 2nd pair for sure.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
This would depend on the formality of the wedding. I like the first pair better, but they're less formal.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the first pair and they are very similar to what one of my BMs wore. I think they are fun and would look great at an outdoor wedding. But I always lean towards fun and comfort.

ETA: If you are worried, text/email the bride a photo of each pair, ask her what she thinks. 3 of my 5 BMs asked me "is this shoe ok?" I was totally cool with it, and I didn't care what they looked like so long as they were silver!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the first pair. I think whimsical flowers match the flowiness of the dress better than the second pair that has little rhinestones or metal pieces in angular rows all up and down the front. They give the second pair a "harder" look that isn't in line with the flowy dress, if that makes sense. I think the first pair are dressy enough that it doesn't matter if they aren't high heels.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the first pair but the second pair is more bridesmaid-y (i.e. more formal) to me. If the bride is okay with you doing a slightly less formal shoe, I would definitly go with the first pair!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the second are more appropriate for a bridesmaid.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I'm not much help because I like both. I must admit I like the first ones better.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I'd go with the kitten heels, they just are dressier. That particular dress (I know cause one of my bm is wearing it) could really trend dressier or more casual in my opinion.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
First off, I love both shoes and I think you can't go wrong with either of them. But, since the dress is cocktail, then I would go with the second pair. I think the first pair would be more appropriate if it was a noon wedding and the reception was immediately after. Once it's at the cocktail hour, the shoes would need to be a bit more dressed up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results