shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Moms...get a Snap ''N Go or an infant car seat adapter?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! DH and I love the Baby Jogger City Mini stroller. The only question is, should we buy a Snap 'N Go to use with the infant seat, and then use the BJ City Mini when baby is older, OR should we buy a car seat adapter for the BJ City Mini and use that from the very start? The car seat adapter retails for $59.99 (expensive) at BRU, whereas the Snap 'N Go is just ten bucks more at $69.99. What sounds more convenient/easy to you? I've heard mixed opinions so far...some people say the Snap 'N Go is junk and to just use the stroller with the infant seat adapter, while others say the S 'N G is easy and super convenient and to not mess with the hassle of installing the adapter, because the infant seat won't 'click' in anyway. Thanks for your thoughts!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
How big is the city mini?

I''m a huge fan of the SNG. The only way I would do the adapter is if the stroller itself were compact. If it''s bulky as is, I probably wouldn''t do an adapter. But I used the stroller to walk around the mall, do errands, and walk lightly around the park so the SNG worked perfectly for that.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I would say it depends on the stroller. Our stroller (bumbleride indie) can be folded down with the adapter still attached so you don''t have to take it on/off every time. Does the City Mini also do that? If not, I would get the SNG because you won''t want the hassle every time. If it does, then I would just get the adapter.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls,

Thanks! The City Mini is pretty compact. It has a small footprint. I also believe it can be folded down with the adapter still in place. So it sounds like the adapter might be more convenient? Here's a pic:

Steph, does your infant seat actually 'click' into place in the adapter, or does it just sort of sit on top of it?

bjogger.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ours clicks into place. If it does fold down with the adapter, I would go with that option. I would scout out a better price for it online though, bet you could find a better deal.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
We have the city mini and bought the adapter. Worked GREAT! I actually may be 1 of the only PS moms that only ever bought 1 stroller (that was a criteria for me when doing my search). We love the city mini and it really has fit all of our needs.

Oh and yes, you can fold the city mini w/ the adapter still attached. That was 1 of the biggest selling points for me was the fold on the mini.......sooooo easy!

ETA again - you don't happen to live near NYC do you?? I'd give you my adapter! W/ baby #2 on the way I'm getting the City select which you can't use the same adapter (complete crap btw...I can't stand when companies do that!).

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2010 2:13:46 PM
Author: cdt1101
We have the city mini and bought the adapter. Worked GREAT! I actually may be 1 of the only PS moms that only ever bought 1 stroller (that was a criteria for me when doing my search). We love the city mini and it really has fit all of our needs.

Oh and yes, you can fold the city mini w/ the adapter still attached. That was 1 of the biggest selling points for me was the fold on the mini.......sooooo easy!
Good to know cdt!
9.gif
Another rave review for the City Mini! What infant seat did you use with it?

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 2:17:04 PM
Author: Laila619

Date: 7/2/2010 2:13:46 PM
Author: cdt1101

Good to know cdt!
9.gif
Another rave review for the City Mini! What infant seat did you use with it?
We had the Graco...worked great too and was glad I got a cheaper infant carseat since my DS was a big boy and outgrew it by 5 months
4.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
having used a SNG and a stroller that has a click in adapter, i would totally NOT buy a SNG and would get the adapter.

i looked at city mini, it was my top pick in a stroller (the other one was a vallco latitude which is basically like a city mini but a lesser known brand and comes with all accessories as opposed to you having to buy it all) BUT i ended up going for a slightly larger stroller that had real tires because i tend to do a lot of trail walking with the baby. but if i didn't do all that walking, city mini would have been my choice (or the vallco, i hadnt decided yet).

i used a SNG and didn't like it. it was slow, bulky, hard to turn, hard to maneuver. we used it literally a handful of times and i would opt to actually rather carry the carseat into a store with me and walk around with it than deal with the SNG stroller.

now that we have the stroller i bought, it came with a car seat adapter (i have same stroller steph does) and it's great. i just pop it out of the trunk, open it, put car seat in, done and done. and it folds down with adapter which is great.

so i vote get your stroller and an adapter and go from there. i would say don't even bother with adapter IF the stroller reclines flat (ours did) because then you can have a newborn in it but our kid hated being flat in general and so i would have needed the car seat anyway so he could 'see out' of the stroller.

oh and our car seat doesn't really 'click' in, and it doesnt matter for our stroller. basically it keeps the car seat in the stroller sit it can sit flat on the fully reclined stroller chair which is all that i cared about.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting the adapter for the UppaBaby it fold with the adapter in place and the car seat clicks into the adapter. For the money that we paid for this stroller we are getting every pennies worth out of it. We are skipping the SNG.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the infant adaptor. I know a lot of the moms here are huge fans of the Snap n'' go, but I thought it was junk. It may have worked fine in the mall, but it would not work at all for outside walking IMO, the wheels are just not made for it. I would only consider a snap and go if your stroller didn''t have an infant seat adaptor, because I do think having the ability to just pull the car seat out with the sleeping baby is great instead of waking them to put them in the stroller.

We had the infant adaptor for our Graco car seat on our UppaBaby Vista and it was great, in fact I was just complaining we didn''t have it anymore (she''s out of the infant seat now) because she fell asleep in the stroller while I was out running errands and I ended up just walking around till she woke up because I didn''t want to interrupt her nap to put her back in the car.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol NB i was just thinking that going to the mall--J is going to outgrow his infant seat prob in another month or two (6-7mo) since he is so long and i will HATE not being able to just unsnap car seat and put it in the stroller!! he would rather be in the stroller sans seat but it''s so much more convenient if we are out for a long time and he does fall asleep. oh well.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I guess it sounds like most say to just get the adapter.
1.gif
Here''s hoping it won''t be super complicated for DH to install.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was so in love with our s''ng we bought too. I had a lot of healing to do after her birth and the s''ng is SOOO light. I think worth it for sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results