shape
carat
color
clarity

Plus size dresses - where to buy as a summer wedding guest?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t read this whole thread so maybe it''s been mentioned, but Donna Ricco has a great plus size selection. My measurements (pre-preggo) are similar to yours (47-36-49). I get an 18w but do have to get the waist taken in. Alight.com also carries Donna Ricco and you may have luck with a sale there.

Link

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2010 9:22:11 PM
Author:Galateia

... Yet there is surprisingly little selection between frumpy and hooker chic. ...

Isn't that the truth. 'ell, that's what the fashion world has served up for All women, regardless of size, lol! My mother goes on rants about it, too.

If you are near Cleveland or Pittsburgh, you might try this place: The Winner They do business long distance, too, if you can figure out what you want. The place is full of formal and party dresses. The problem with most stores and catalogs is that you can't even find a any dresses there. It's all pants.

Finding a nice blouse and wearing it with a plain solid color off-the-rack skirt might be an option, too. It would not take a good seamstress more than a day or two to whip together a simple a-line or straight skirt, or even a gored skirt. Then it should be fitted on you to get the exact fit and a level hemline. It's kind of short notice but you might find someone available who could whip up a dress or something for you.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 6:43:45 PM
Author: Galateia
Update:

Found a good dress, but not in my size. Settled for this one instead, because it was on sale (plus an extra 15% off with a coupon code) Red Dress

Now I need some spanx!

Gorgeous!!!! Oh I love the color.
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2010 7:30:40 PM
Author: missydebby

Update:

Found a good dress, but not in my size. Settled for this one instead, because it was on sale (plus an extra 15% off with a coupon code) Red Dress

Now I need some spanx!

36.gif
Yes, I like that one! Its got personality! Rock it!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 9:33:53 PM
Author: tyty333
Date: 7/1/2010 7:30:40 PM

Author: missydebby

Update:

Now I need some spanx!

36.gif
Yes, I like that one! Its got personality! Rock it!

Thanks ladies! Any fave spanx recommendations?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
When I want super spanx control, I go with the Higher Power. They do the job.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next time you need something, Nordstrom Rack usually has a good deal on Woman''s dresses! I have gotten 2 mother of the bride dresses on the sale rack. The last one was stunning for $14.99
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
marked down from $385.00!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 6:28:13 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Next time you need something, Nordstrom Rack usually has a good deal on Woman''s dresses! I have gotten 2 mother of the bride dresses on the sale rack. The last one was stunning for $14.99
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
marked down from $385.00!

I live in the Middle of Nowhere, so there is not a Nordie''s, Bloomingdale''s, or even Macy''s within 6 hours drive. This would have been a lot easier if I could have shopped in person!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update:

Now I need some spanx!
Very cute dress! And, yes to the Spanx. Regardless of size, I think most of us can use a bit of smoothing out! FWIW, I once got a VS corsette type thing (generic black to smooth out waist) stuck on me and it took 10 minutes to get it off so if I were you, go with the pull up ones! hahaha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results