shape
carat
color
clarity

Goint to try to bring Wellington home today!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Wish me luck.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey LAJennifer!

I''ve been following the adventures of Wellington for quite some time. I really hope he settles in well! Keep us updated on his progress!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I have been thinking about you and Wellington & wondering how he is doing. Good luck bringing him home..please let us know how it goes. I am sure he missed you & will be so very happy to see you. Kitty dust coming your way!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! I was actually wondering last night how it was going. Thank you so much for keeping us updated and feel free to give us more pictures.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Wellington is finally home! I am so happy. He is safely in my bedroom, for now. The other 2 cats are in the other bedroom. I will introduce them slowly.

Also, Wellington tested positive for FIV. But, he is negative for Leukemia - Yay!!! Does anyone have any tips on FIV positive cats? I know it is extremely difficult to transmit and they can live for years without symptoms.

Thanks, everyone, for following his story. I will be adding pictures and he gets settled in.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy that everything worked out! I can''t wait to see pics of Wellington. I don''t have any recommendations, but have you asked the vet?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Jennifer, I am so happy and excited... for you and Wellington! Please continue to keep us updated.

I was sorry to hear he is positive for FIV.
5.gif
Although, yes, like you I also know that cats with FIV can live many long, happy, healthy years.

Congratulations on a JOB WELL DONE!!!
36.gif

xoxo!

ETA... time for some new pictures, soon, I hope???!!!
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 5:19:11 PM
Author: LAJennifer
Wellington is finally home! I am so happy. He is safely in my bedroom, for now. The other 2 cats are in the other bedroom. I will introduce them slowly.

Also, Wellington tested positive for FIV. But, he is negative for Leukemia - Yay!!! Does anyone have any tips on FIV positive cats? I know it is extremely difficult to transmit and they can live for years without symptoms.

Thanks, everyone, for following his story. I will be adding pictures and he gets settled in.

Here''s a few good articles I found:
http://www.cpvh.com/Articles/16.html
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+1316&aid=213
http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/cat-care/cat-care-feline-immunodeficiency-virus.html

A few things I learned... twice yearly vet visits are generally recommended for FIV+ cats; that allows the vet to keep a close eye on the cat and find any problems early. A raw diet is not recommended for FIV+ cats due to the potential for bacteria and parasites. And of course, it''s always recommended to spay or neuter your pet.

OH, I think Wellington is going to enrich your lives, Jennifer! I just have such a positive feeling about it! And he''s gonna love his new siblings, and I just KNOOOOOW they are gonna love him back!!!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone!

And Lynn, it was a sad moment but one I had prepared myself for. I continuously told myself that I will still bring him home with a positive FIV test. Though I wouldn''t have done so had he been FeLV positive. I volunteer with Kitten Rescue - and at their sanctuary they allow the FIV + cats to free roam with the rest of the cats. There must be a deep puncture wound to transmit the virus. They test the sanctuary cats every year and have never had a negative cat turn up positive.

Electra and Seth are both eleven years old - if Wellie were to transmit the virus to either of them (not likely), it would be years before they were affected with symptoms. If my cats make it to 20 years of age, I''ll be jumping for joy!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I got a call this morning from the vet''s office. I was nervous considering Wellington was just there yesterday for his blood test. Turns out, they were calling about Louise (pregnant siamese I found with Wellington). She got adopted! Her new daddy was requesting to transfer her medical file from my name to his name. I took her there and got her tested (she was negative for both FeLV and FIV) before she went to her foster mom to have her kittens.

I can''t believe she got adopted so quickly (she went up for adoption just a little over a week ago) - well, yes I can because she was an amazing kitty. So smart and pretty.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats terrific! I''m so happy she was adopted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results