shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help picking an engagement ring (where to buy)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jumpem

Rough_Rock
Ok, I am looking to hopefully buy an engagement ring in the next few weeks. I''ve researched all of the c''s on several sites, so I have at least a basic diamond knowledge.

My budget is $2500 or so. I have gone to several local jewelers (both mom & pop and mall stores). Their prices were generally $500+ more than bluenile. Also, if I buy online I can save the couple hundred dollars that I would have paid in tax.

I want a solitaire setting with a round cut diamond. I would prefer a platinum setting, but don''t know if that would fit into the budget or not yet. I really need suggestions on what to get, and where. If any of you have purchased rings recently that are similar to what I want I would like to hear about it.

Thanks for the help!

- Justin

Jumpem

Rough_Rock
I'm on a budget since I am since still in college, so I can't be terribly picky.

For color I would like G or F, maybe H. Clarity, I would prefer VS or better.

What do you mean by eye-clean? Do you mean if you can see and blemishes with the naked eye?

Thanks for the help!
wavey.gif

Jumpem

Rough_Rock
It does, thanks!
1.gif

Jumpem

Rough_Rock
Oh yeah! I need help picking a solitaire setting as well. I've seen pictures of a Vatche(sp?) x-prong or something like that. I liked it. Does anyone know where I could look for those, or other suggestions?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/3/2004 5:37:22 PM Jumpem wrote:

Oh yeah! I need help picking a solitaire setting as well. I've seen pictures of a Vatche(sp?) x-prong or something like that. I liked it. Does anyone know where I could look for those, or other suggestions?----------------

Vatche will be really squash your budget. Personally, I'd go with simple nice quality white gold setting. That way you can expand what you can spend on the main attraction (the stone). This is my opinion.

Also, in a stone this size don't focus on what's on paper. Focus on what you see. A G/H (even an I/J for that matter) VS2-SI1/2 stone will help maximize your budget. The G/H/I range is still near colorless and clarity is graded under a 10x magnification.

Good luck. Don't forget that cut is the art of the stone. It's what makes it sparkle. I'm not a big proponent for super duper louper ideals; but, one does need to pay attention to the make.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
In case you think it's worth the extra money (a simple gold solitaire setting is $80), here's a Vatche X-Prong in gold for $605... and here's the Vatche Royal Crown, also for $605...
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results