shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you feel about non-floor-length curtains?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 12:14:17 AM
Author: pennquaker09

Date: 6/28/2010 10:22:50 PM
Author: gardengloves
NEL... to give you a sense of scale, these are 96 inch with 8 foot ceilings., they puddle

It gives me warm and fuzzies to see beautiful rooms.
Agreed! You have great style, gardengloves. Is that a real orchid? It''s so huge and beautiful!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, gardengloves, not only are the curtains fabulous, but the whole room is amazing! I love seeing pictures of your home, every room is just like a breath of fresh air!

I did return the curtains. Not only because I do want something floor-length, but the color wasn''t what I was expecting. I''m going to go ahead and spend the money to have them custom made so I can choose the silk myself and have them the length I want. It''s going to take a little longer this way, but in the end I think it will be worth it. Besides, I can paint in the meantime :)

Thanks for all of the advice! I really do love seeing these pics!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 9:00:04 AM
Author: lilyfoot
Date: 6/30/2010 12:14:17 AM

Author: pennquaker09

Date: 6/28/2010 10:22:50 PM

Author: gardengloves

NEL... to give you a sense of scale, these are 96 inch with 8 foot ceilings., they puddle

It gives me warm and fuzzies to see beautiful rooms.

Agreed! You have great style, gardengloves. Is that a real orchid? It's so huge and beautiful!

Lilyfoot, the orchids are the home depot special, yes they are real, but got all soggy, flowers came off and now I am down to browning stem. Still trying to figure out how to grow orchids.

thanks for the sweet comments and thanks so much Penn.

NEL, custom curtains, wow! way to go... check out the Silk Co., you do have to see the colors in person, they shift in the light, but are so worth the investment.

You know, there was a great book review in the Home Section of New York Times last week , that I cannot find to reference about what a home really means, and how your rooms nurture, recharge the spirit and provide sanctuary -it's really important to surround yourself with beauty. I'm so glad you are going for exactly what you have in mind for the curtains.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
All the way to the floor is the way to go, I once read a mans description of curtains that went to the floor as reminding him of a womens unbound hair, I always compare it when I see it in my head.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results