shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on what to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

randyred

Rough_Rock
Okay....!

Hello All!
wavey.gif

We''ve been married 5 years but this year I am finally getting my engagement ring. Better late than never.
loopy.gif

Our budget is $3000 and I would like an emerald cut diamond with side baguettes set in platinum.

I have just spent the last hour on this site and researching what to buy and I am now even more confused than ever. I had found a ring on Ebay but it was GHI certified which I didn''t recognise. Thankfully I did a search and came up with this site which has warned me off GHI certified diamonds.

If anyone has any advice which may help, please let me know. Or if you have seen what I have described above, please send me a link!

Thank you,

Randy

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Good job avoiding Ebay!

BlueNile.com allows you to build your own ring. They've got a platinum setting with 1/6ctw baguette sides for $1K. That leaves $2K for a diamond. They've got a 0.63 H VS1 signature ideal for that much. (They've got emerald cut stones up to 0.86 carats for 2K or under if you are willing to go down in color, clarity, and/or cut quality).

This ring style is very common, so practically any vendor can accomodate you. BlueNile and Mondera are two "point and click" reputable sites where you can create the ring yourself.

randyred

Rough_Rock
Thanks Phoenixgirl.

That has given me some good ideas.
twirl.gif

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Randy,

I agree with Phoenixgirl. Avoid Ebay. Bluenile is a respected, trusted online vendor - you will pay less than at a mall store and get better product. You can't really go wrong wih Bluenile at the price range you are thinking.

However, there are other very good online vendors that may even save you a little more than BN - and carry even better diamonds! Search this site and you will find several good vendors - good old gold, niceice, etc..

One highly recommended vendor is www.whiteflash.com. I am talking to them right now about an E-Ring. Thier web site, selection, service, and uprade policies are excellent.

Happy shopping !

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondboy on ebay, I have heard, has sold some pretty nice emerald cuts (GIA), and the buyers were very happy.
But other than that.
I would definately recommend staying away from ebay for your purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results