shape
carat
color
clarity

Cruise / Cabo / Puerto Vallarta / Mazatlan - Need IDEAS!

rachap

Rough_Rock
WOW - first post, but been reading the HECK out of these forums the past couple months!

The next couple of months are going to be the longest and most challenging months of my LIFE. I have decided to propose on our upcoming cruise in September. We are going to be going on a Royal Caribbean cruise out of LA that stops in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. Obviously 3 romantic cities on a romantic cruise setting - but that''s only about half of the reason that I''m thinking about this. The other half is that both of our families are cruising with us. She has said that when the time comes she wants to be around family, so what better occasion? We are both close to each other''s family, and the stars are aligning on this cruise with both sides around. SO - seems like a no-brainer!

And even better is that she''s expecting a Christmas proposal or a birthday proposal (November). If I bump this up a couple months I can definitely keep the element of surprise.

I am getting excited because I picked out the diamond and ring and am in the process of getting that put together (so I don''t have to worry about it later and can focus on the proposal), while of course making sure we can exchange if it''s not what she had in mind. Like I said, gonna be a LONG 5 months!

Anyway - enough background, onto the questions. I have seen a bunch of cruise-related postings, but wanted to tailor some ideas a bit more. I am hoping to do sometihng privately that would allow us to then come in and let her show it off to everybody. Royal Caribbbean has a $400 option where they set up a special spot, make it romantic, etc., that may be an option, but at the same time, Cabo or PV seem like awfully romantic places to do the same and I could make things a bit more personal. I will have my brother who i can utilize to help.

Anybody with any specific ideas? If I could set up a picnic on a secluded beach, set up a sea kayak (even though it scares the HELL out of me to combine ring and water), perhaps a jungle waterfall - anything romantic and alone. Looked at horse rides along the beach in cabo which is an option, but then you have the guide...hmm. The only thing I don''t want to do is charter a sailboat and do it on the water (prior life / bad memories type thing).

I would love ideas! I love reading what I''ve read on here - so much fun stuff.

I AM out of town this weekend so I will be back, but may disappear a bit till Sunday.

Look forward to chatting with some like minded folks!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never been on a cruise or in a tropical location, but it sounds like you have TONS of options to make it really memorable! I wish I was able to give you suggestions, but just know that you will do great! and you have 5 months to search the heck out of all your locations and pick the perfect proposal setting. if it were me, I''d want sunset + beach + sweet words and all the rest is just bonus.

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
I have been on that cruise! I would say to skip the preplanned $400 idea because it will probably be over priced. One of my favorite memories on the cruise was grabbing a glass of champagne and going to a part of the ship where no one was around just watched the sunset. So beautiful. Maybe you could grab a bottle, sit somewhere secluded and suggest a toast. She would hopefully say, "to what?" Then you could get down on your knee and propose! may sound simple, but I would love it :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
You might want to check out the forums on cruise critic, and post/search there for ideas. It is a much more active board than this one and I''m sure you can get people''s ideas who have been on this same sailing. Good luck!

Toastie

Rough_Rock
Trade
If you are proposing on a ship, check your insurance policy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results